3 Beatles Stories

Guitar3542Guitar3542 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
1. Today in the grocery store I work in I saw that we had Beatles CD's for sale up front. I went up to buy one (Abbey Road) and a co-worker girl said................... they did Free Bird right?...........she was serious.

2. After playing TB: RB for the first time with a hardcore Beatles fan friend o' mine, she told me she was dissapointed in the game? Has anyone else had a friend say something like this?

3. At Best Buy with friends, I saw Abbey Road. I got excited (duh) and pointed it out to them. Just for fun I said, "Hey can you name all 4 Beatles?" Response from one guy, "I'm 17 in 2009, why would I need to know that?".....(I'm no longer friends with this person, he's a tool)

Comments

• jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited November 2009
    Guitar3542;3205132 said:
    1. Today in the grocery store I work in I saw that we had Beatles CD's for sale up front. I went up to buy one (Abbey Road) and a co-worker girl said................... they did Free Bird right?...........she was serious.

2. After playing TB: RB for the first time with a hardcore Beatles fan friend o' mine, she told me she was dissapointed in the game? Has anyone else had a friend say something like this?

3. At Best Buy with friends, I saw Abbey Road. I got excited (duh) and pointed it out to them. Just for fun I said, "Hey can you name all 4 Beatles?" Response from one guy, "I'm 17 in 2009, why would I need to know that?".....(I'm no longer friends with this person, he's a tool)
    Funny I'm 16, Louis, Fred, Jimmy and Cornwallis, are the names of the Beetles. :eek:;)
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    My mum said the names of the Beatles are; Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. My mum's 56. LOL.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    hannie3000;3205404 said:
    My mum said the names of the Beatles are; Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. My mum's 56. LOL.
    Though she was born a long long time ago, your mother should know.

And no offense, but your mom isn't very smart if she forgot the 7th Beatle, who played the xilofone, Feenie.

On a serious note, even my friend that doesn't like(more like he's fed up of) the Beatles knows the names of all of them and acknowledges that it's insane to not know their names.
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Guitar3542;3205132 said:
    At least it wasn't With the Beatles. I would've thrown her ass to the floor.
    "Hardcore Beatles fans" probably didn't appreciate the lack of detail (Paul on drums for U.S.S.R., no hairy Beatles) and the small setlist. 45/227 songs leaves plenty of room for disappointment.
    As unfortunate as that is, I hope he didn't lose your friendship over that. Teenagers (of which I am one) are usually cocky sons of *****es when they're wrong/don't know something.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Guitar3542;3205132 said:
    Well, they did Free as a Bird.
  • MandalaMandala Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Guitar3542;3205132 said:
    [avid Lynyrd Skynyrd disliker]Confusing "Free As A Bird" or not, that girl better be glad it wasn't me she said that to...[/avid Lynyrd Skynyrd disliker]

(It's not that I completely hate Skynyrd and their output...but having grown up in the Southern US, they and their fans have had a tendency to get on my nerves on/off.)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, and to be fair, both Free as a Bird and Freebird have "Freeeee as a bird" in the lyrics, so it's not hard to passively confuse them
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited November 2009
    Ill let number 1 slip by, the others are unforgivably if they ever happened to me............:P
  • PoweragePowerage Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm a HUGE Beatles fan and I can't even begin to see why a big Beatles fan would be anything but ecstatic about this game. There was just so much love, detail, and attention put into this game. It seriously makes the efforts of Activision on their band exclusive titles look like a joke.

It's very, very clear to me that the people at Harmonix are massive Beatles fans and every ounce of their creativity and passion for the band went into making The Beatles Rock Band. People that are 'disappointed' by it are insane.
  • TimmoWarnerTimmoWarner Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Whenever I'm dismayed at the things a teenager doesn't know, I stop and ask myself if I knew it when I was THEIR age or did I just learn it in the decades after.

Often I discover that I didn't know much more than a current teenager. As a teenager I DID know the names of the Beatles, of course, but they were also still much more prevalent on TV and radio than I find them today.

Well, before The Beatles: Rock Band came out anyway. =o)
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I always thought the names of The Beatles were Michael, Davy, Micky and Peter.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    When I see the phrase "hardcore Beatles fan" I imagine someone who, like, has tattooed Paul McCartney's face to the back of their head, owns a Yellow Submarine bedsheet, and constantly sports a Pepper-era Lennon mustache.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    '

I'm a hardcore Beatles fan. So much so, in fact, that when I had the honour of meeting Yoko Ono in person one day... ...
    I punched her square in the face*.

*This statement may not accurately portray real events. In this case "Yoko Ono" = "stranger on the street" and "punched her square in the face" = "passed awkwardly without saying a word."
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    My girlfriend thought they did Don't Fear the Reaper... hey which leads to that other thread I just saw about cowbell being in the Beatles' songs
  • JoyDivisionJoyDivision Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I thought the Beatles were: Alan White, Paul McGuigan, Noel Gallagher, Paul Arthurs, and Liam Gallagher.
  • ShrapnelwolfShrapnelwolf Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm 15, and even I know the Beatles names are Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, and Groucho.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3205635 said:
    Though she was born a long long time ago, your mother should know.

Ahhh I see wutchudid there...very nice!
  • WeeJayWeeJay Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    jgosh;3205138 said:
    Funny I'm 16, Louis, Fred, Jimmy and Cornwallis, are the names of the Beetles. :eek:;)
    I never liked that Cornwallis. :mad:
  • mclumpomclumpo Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Shrapnelwolf;3235131 said:
    I'm 15, and even I know the Beatles names are Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, and Groucho.
    Wow, now this is a nice pull ESPECIALLY if you're 15.
    Well played.
  • jgoshjgosh Super Star
    edited November 2009
    WeeJay;3276043 said:
    I never liked that Cornwallis. :mad:
    No one does. :rolleyes: