Importing LEGO:Rock Band

Bahamut44Bahamut44 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Done a quick search and couldnt find anything.

Need some help finding a good, secure, online store from which I can import Lego here to Europe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys. ^^

Comments

• The Giddy ManThe Giddy Man Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I've used videogamesplus.ca to import both RB2 and AC/DC track pack to the UK and they were very good.

I would definately recommend them, since I will also be importing Lego RB from them too.

Hope this helps.
  • ThommischThommisch Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, is Lego RB playable on European systems as well? If so, I might consider getting it from vgplus as well.
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    The European release is end of this month, around the 27th...
    But if you imported RB2 from the USA, you do need the American version of L:RB to import the songs...
  • Bahamut44Bahamut44 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Thommisch;3208859 said:
    Hmm, is Lego RB playable on European systems as well? If so, I might consider getting it from vgplus as well.
    Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant for PS3. as all PS3 games are region free, and I imported waay back when but don't have that option available anymore.
    The Giddy Man;3208837 said:
    I've used videogamesplus.ca to import both RB2 and AC/DC track pack to the UK and they were very good.

I would definately recommend them, since I will also be importing Lego RB from them too.

Hope this helps.
    Thx man, will give this a try. :)
  • PlexShawPlexShaw Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Thommisch;3208859 said:
    The Xbox 360 version of LEGO Rock Band is also region free.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    edited November 2009
    I'm just going to throw this out there, but what exactly do you people mean by region-free? I understand that the discs themselves are region free, but I know on the 360 DLC is not, and that's a big issue. I'd bet that there's region issues with the PS3 too.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm just going to throw this out there, but what exactly do you people mean by region-free? I understand that the discs themselves are region free, but I know on the 360 DLC is not, and that's a big issue. I'd bet that there's region issues with the PS3 too.
    No actually zero region issues for PS3. One of the nice things about it. You can sign up for the Japanese PSN store (With a USA PS3) and get anything from it and it will work just the same as a Ps3 that was made for Japan.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    i got one copy ordered from videogamesplus.ca who are fantastic. They even emailed me my AC/DC code before they shipped it and have spent thousands on them without a hiccup, and their customer service is fantastic.

I also ordered a copy from playasia.com. Its a little bit cheaper and again, their customer service is top notch and have spent thousands without ever a problem.

And why have i ordered 2? Because i'm impatient. Playasia for me is a lot quicker shipping, but in case they dont start shipping this week, VG+ will. So im covered. Oh and i will just ebay one copy once it arrives.
  • RincewiendRincewiend Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    IIRC it can depend on the game(company).
  • PlexShawPlexShaw Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I understand that the discs themselves are region free, but I know on the 360 DLC is not, and that's a big issue.
    In the case of Rock Band, that is totally incorrect. Rock Band DLC on the 360 is region free and works regardless of what version of the game you have. I got Monsoon from the US XBL Markeplace using one of those Pepsi codes and it works just fine with my PAL copy of RB2, for example.

Up to now, Rock Band games on the 360 have been region locked, so it was a bit of a surprise to discover that L:RB is region free.
  • Bahamut44Bahamut44 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The Giddy Man;3208837 said:

Hope this helps.
    Just another quick question, if I order a canadian version of the game will it be compatible with my american RB1+2+DLC? Or does it not matter as they are all Region 1/NTSC?

Sorry if this sounds a silly question, but better safe then sorry.

Thx!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2009
    PlexShaw;3209623 said:
    Up to now, Rock Band games on the 360 have been region locked, so it was a bit of a surprise to discover that L:RB is region free.
    TB:RB was apparently also region-free.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I too imported all my RB games through videogamesplus, because it's cheaper (it saves about 20 euros per new game compared to buying in store here) and because I don't have a credit card and couldn't buy anything from the European PSN Store. But there were US PSN Cards available on ebay so I used those to buy DLC.
    And now there are European PSN Cards but since I want to import Lego Rock Band into my US RB2 I'll need to buy the region 1 L:RB and buy the export key from the US Store, but it's still cheaper than buying here so I'm not complaining, I get the game earlier too.
  • harveyglobetrotharveyglobetrot Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Wait...L:RB is region-free? I was going to wait the couple of weeks until the 25th to get it once it comes out here, but if i can save some cash and get the game a week or two earlier, then I may have to import.
  • spicorrspicorr Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I ordered two copies as well, one from vgplus who I've used in the past and have had no issues with whatsoever, and one from eStarland who I've never bought from before. I'm on the PS3 so I needed to import the US version for export purposes seeing as my RB1/2 are US versions also. Added bonus that I'll get it earlier than the Australian release and probably cheaper too.

Oh and I ordered two copies because one's for myself and the other is for my mate, but I ordered from two different places just in case one of them shipped it out faster. :D

edit: for Bahamut44, there is no Canadian version really. The Canadian version is the US version, so to speak.
  • KBelangerKBelanger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    spicorr;3211636 said:
    edit: for Bahamut44, there is no Canadian version really. The Canadian version is the US version, so to speak.
    + French instruction booklet.
  • Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I've posted in the main RB forum as well, hoping for some info...

Is there anyone here that has a UK/AU 360, that has imported the US Lego RB and has successfully exported the songs to their UK/AU 360 for use with UK/AU RB2?

If so, did you have to log on to XBL using a US XBL account, or did the code work with your normal AU/UK XBL gamertag on the UK/AU marketplace?