Importing Rock Band 2 songs into Lego Rock Band

AviStettoAviStetto Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I know that E-rated DLC can be played in Lego Rock Band.

But, can we import E-rated songs from Rock Band 2 into Lego Rock Band? I haven't been able to find a clear, authoritative answer on that.

-Avi Stetto

Comments

• playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    no. currently there is no way to export the RB2 songs.
  • edited November 2009
    Welcome to the Rockband Forums.
  • AviStettoAviStetto Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    playmike;3209067 said:
    no. currently there is no way to export the RB2 songs.
    Well, that's disappointing. One of my biggest complaints with Rock Band is that it isn't family-friendly. When playing with my kids, we have to be selective about which songs we play. Mystery setlists aren't permissable. I was hoping that Lego Rock Band would provide an E-rated experience with the catalog of songs from RB/RB2 to supplement the Lego Rock Band song list.

I suppose LRB plus some DLC will suffice.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Just out of curiousity, what songs on disc in RB2 do you consider to not be family friendly?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Just so the OP knows, LEGO currently does support exported tracks from RB1 (same family filters apply). So it is very likely that once it's time for RB2 to become exportable, the songs will be playable in LEGO.

But at this point, I get the feeling that HMX doesn't want too many games flying around in regards to exportability. With RB1 and DLC support, there's potentially a large selection of songs that are already on your HDD that will be ready to play with LEGO.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    blzbub74;3209322 said:
    Just out of curiousity, what songs on disc in RB2 do you consider to not be family friendly?
    To make a guess... Down with the sickness would probably be a prime candidate.
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    blzbub74;3209322 said:
    He probably doesn't think the many of the OD songs are bad but wants to be able to play all the E rated songs together. A Jagged Gorgeous Winter fits nicely in LRB but to play that you'd have to go into the T rated RB2.
  • AviStettoAviStetto Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    blzbub74;3209322 said:
    Without even looking at the song list, 2 quickly popped into my mind:
    - Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
    - You Oughta Know by Alannis Morrisett

Those aren't exactly the lyrics that I want my daughters belting out.

I doubt that I will agree with all of the ratings for the songs, but at least having some filter in place gives me a better starting point.
    Just so the OP knows, LEGO currently does support exported tracks from RB1 (same family filters apply). So it is very likely that once it's time for RB2 to become exportable, the songs will be playable in LEGO.
    YAY!
  • Deezul_AwTDeezul_AwT Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Curiously, "Hit Me with your Best Shot" IS allowed. Sex is a no no, violence OK.
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Deezul_AwT;3209443 said:
    Curiously, "Hit Me with your Best Shot" IS allowed. Sex is a no no, violence OK.
    "Hit me with your best shot" is an idiom which has nothing to do with violence - in fact, it's more likely to be a sexual innuendo in the context of that song's lyrics...

"before I put another notch in my lipstick case..."
    edited November 2009
    iagomonk;3209469 said:
    "Hit me with your best shot" is an idiom which has nothing to do with violence - in fact, it's more likely to be a sexual innuendo in the context of that song's lyrics...

"before I put another notch in my lipstick case..."
    Here's some sexual innuendo that slipped through. Duran Duran - "Girls on Film"

"Give me shudders in a whisper take me up till I'm shooting a star"

And don't forget "Under the Bridge" - "Under the bridge downtown Is where I drew some blood."

When is some kid going to ask "Hey Daddy, why is he drawing blood?"

I'm not complaining about the songs that are NOT included, and the list of course may change. But a few that have been included maybe should not have been.
  • asackawiczasackawicz Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    AviStetto;3209354 said:
    Without even looking at the song list, 2 quickly popped into my mind:
    - Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
    - You Oughta Know by Alannis Morrisett

Those aren't exactly the lyrics that I want my daughters belting out.
    Oh, come on. Bad Reputation is in Shrek for God's sake. You Oughta Know is also heavily (and appropriately) edited.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I don't see much wrong with Bad Reputation...Or are people just disliking the word damn?
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Guys, remember the game is rated E10+ (for everyone 10 and up), not E (for everyone 6 and up); they're not goint to be that strict on the filters...
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    For the filters, if swearing is censored out, does that count as good or bad?
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I like how you can put some of your dlc in lego rb. That will make getting those achievements and enjoying those graphics for that 5 or 6 day period a little more fun, but in the end I think I'm just going to put all the songs in RB2 and play it that way. I don't think RB1 and RB2 transfers to Lego are necessary.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    GNFfhqwhgads;3210683 said:
    For the filters, if swearing is censored out, does that count as good or bad?
    It seems in a lot of examples, leaving the swear spot there is still kinda bad.
    edited November 2009
    I don't think we should bother trying to figure out the patterns when it comes to what's allowed in LEGO and what isn't. We don't have any view into the rating process, and given how the song updates come in waves it's entirely possible that whoever approves one set may not be in charge of another.

Just like the ESRB will have different applications/interpretations of standards on any given day when it comes to DLC.
    edited November 2009
    Deezul_AwT;3209443 said:
    There's certain levels of violence that are going to be acceptable. Afterall, there's violence to some extent in children's movies all the time.

It's the DEGREE of violence and descriptions of violence.

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" not as big a deal as "Punch Me With Your Closed Fist".
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3210772 said:
    There's certain levels of violence that are going to be acceptable. Afterall, there's violence to some extent in children's movies all the time.

It's the DEGREE of violence and descriptions of violence.

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" not as big a deal as "Punch Me With Your Closed Fist".
    Maybe it's a US Morals thing. Violence OK, sex bad. In Europe, it seems to be the other way.

I sure there are probably disagreements within Harmonix about what songs are in and are out. We'll never know...