Importing L:RB into RB2

dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Has anybody who's gotten the game early done so yet? Anybody exactly sure on how the process works?

Comments

• FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    dady5000;3209244 said:
    Has anybody who's gotten the game early done so yet? Anybody exactly sure on how the process works?
    I assume the same way it works for GH you input your code onto an import screen and pay the 800 MS points
  • braves22braves22 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    My guess is its it'll be the same as the track packs...code on manual into redeem code area through the dashboard in 360 or home on PS3.

I would also venture to guess the ability to do so won't be available til at least Thu (to launch PS3/360 same time) and even possibly not til next week just to make sure everything launches off a-ok
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    i have the game.

- inside is an insert telling you to visit: http://rockband.com/lego-export

- however, that site is not live, being as the game is not "officially" out

- next enter the code printed on the insert. this code can only be used for one account.

- go into the LRB music store and click the "export music" section http://imgur.com/cqzXB.jpg

- you are taken to the XBL store where you use 800 points / $10 to buy a export key. but again, since the game is not released, you can't buy the key http://imgur.com/mwXDA.jpg

- you can now copy the songs for play in RB2 and 1
    edited November 2009
    playmike;3209376 said:
    i have the game.

- inside is an insert telling you to visit: http://rockband.com/lego-export

- however, that site is not live, being as the game is not "officially" out

- next enter the code printed on the insert. this code can only be used for one account.

- go into the LRB music store and click the "export music" section http://imgur.com/cqzXB.jpg

- you are taken to the XBL store where you use 800 points / $10 to buy a export key. but again, since the game is not released, you can't buy the key http://imgur.com/mwXDA.jpg

- you can now copy the songs for play in RB2 and 1

Sounds good to me :) Like I said, hopefully will be up and useable by the end of the week.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Alfon1995;3209619 said:
    $10??? fuk, is too expensive...
    The game is retailing at $49.99 instead of $59.99, you know that right?

Edit: Did his post disappear, or am I seeing things?
  • edited November 2009
    Interesting. Looks like it will be more akin to the RB1 download mechanism where you buy the key, and then use the utility to do the copying. Great for us folk who may want to delete certain songs.
    edited November 2009
    Apples;3209622 said:
    Interesting. Looks like it will be more akin to the RB1 download mechanism where you buy the key, and then use the utility to do the copying. Great for us folk who may want to delete certain songs.
    True, as I do have about 3-4 songs from my Country pack on my HD that I would absoultely LOVE to get rid of!
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    braves22;3209691 said:
    True, as I do have about 3-4 songs from my Country pack on my HD that I would absoultely LOVE to get rid of!
    And now you know why I didn't buy that pack.
  • Icarus599Icarus599 Banned
    edited November 2009
    DragoonXD;3209621 said:
    The game is retailing at $49.99 instead of $59.99, you know that right?

Edit: Did his post disappear, or am I seeing things?
    $49.99 for 35 awful songs and 5 good ones.

Yeah... good deal.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2009
    This answers my questions. Guess I have to wait till tomorrow to use mine.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Icarus599;3210003 said:

Yeah... good deal.
    Errr... there are more than 5 good songs on there. You just have to play them to realize it...
  • Flan26Flan26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Icarus599;3210003 said:

Yeah... good deal.
    Pray tell, what are the "3...er 5 good ones"?

I'm dying to know.
  • BlazezBlazez Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    *Is guessing Final Countdown, Kung Foo Fighting, Breakout, and 2 others.
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I think you should play the game, better yet, the story mode before the free play mode, and before you decide to delete songs. besides, do you want friends coming over, and have them forced to only play your music selection?

There are some really good songs in this game, that I have never heard of before, I've since added them on iTunes and myspace. Give new music a chance.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    playmike;3210060 said:
    I think you should play the game, better yet, the story mode before the free play mode, and before you decide to delete songs. besides, do you want friends coming over, and have them forced to only play your music selection?

There are some really good songs in this game, that I have never heard of before, I've since added them on iTunes and myspace. Give new music a chance.
    Probably lost him at the mention of "friends coming over."
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I don't think there's any proof yet that it's like the RB1 transfer (song by song, delete what you want to delete), instead of like the other transfers where you have to grab the entire pack as one whole file. I guess we'll know tomorrow... I'm hoping for an RB1 transfer dealie. ESPECIALLY for this game, which has a lot of great songs, but a few tweener pop tracks I can do without.
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3210109 said:
    I don't think there's any proof yet that it's like the RB1 transfer (song by song, delete what you want to delete), instead of like the other transfers where you have to grab the entire pack as one whole file. I guess we'll know tomorrow... I'm hoping for an RB1 transfer dealie. ESPECIALLY for this game, which has a lot of great songs, but a few tweener pop tracks I can do without.
    Play the songs first though, they can surprise you.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Icarus599;3210003 said:
    There's 45 songs on disc there Einstein.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Icarus599;3210003 said:
    $49.99 for 35 awesome songs and 5 okay ones, plus five songs I forgot to list because I can't count.

Yeah... good deal.
    fixed it for you.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Poncho;3210133 said:
    fixed it for you.
    LOL! This post wins 5 internets.
  • DynamicHispanicDynamicHispanic Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to try and rent the game from Blockbuster first thing tomorrow and hopefully be the first one so I can export. Just can't justify in my budget to buy the game only to export.
  • PCTraitorPCTraitor Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I say if you complain about someone elses choice in music you have to list your own choices so someone else can ridicule you.
  • wildonriowildonrio Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    DynamicHispanic;3210139 said:
    I'm going to try and rent the game from Blockbuster first thing tomorrow and hopefully be the first one so I can export. Just can't justify in my budget to buy the game only to export.
    Is Blockbuster really gonna get it that early? And also, have you considered just selling the game on eBay after you've exported? That's what I'm gonna do, with a disclaimer that the export code has been used. I bet I'll get $30 or so back for it.
  • zachman3000zachman3000 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    wildonrio;3210230 said:
    Is Blockbuster really gonna get it that early? And also, have you considered just selling the game on eBay after you've exported? That's what I'm gonna do, with a disclaimer that the export code has been used. I bet I'll get $30 or so back for it.
    I'd be curious to see how much Gamestop would give me for it.

Not that I dont want to support HMX, but I'm thinking of doing the same thing -- renting and getting the code. It's just I've got to put money towards other things.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Really hoping for that RB1 export style. I hate having no control over which songs I can delete. There's plenty of songs that just annoy me on LRB. I'll play them through on LRB but reserve the right to ban them later. My experience has been that the songs I don't like, never grow on me.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Since getting familiar with the setlist, I've become quite fond of alot the songs I had never heard of before. Didn't surprise me though, it was the same deal with the RB2 setlist after it was first announced. That said, there are a couple I could do without, so hopefully the export will let me cherrypick. Some of the "Free 20" I really wish I could get rid of, but I like most of those so I keep them all.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3210109 said:
    Except that in the original press release by HMX they actually said it was using the same process used in RB1. I would hate to see how long it would take my internet connection to download 45 songs at once.
    edited November 2009
    zachman3000;3210259 said:
    I'd be curious to see how much Gamestop would give me for it.

Not that I dont want to support HMX, but I'm thinking of doing the same thing -- renting and getting the code. It's just I've got to put money towards other things.
    I could maybe see myself doin that eventually if I beat all the challenges quick and don't take to the new graphics...

I mean I'll already be doing it w/ GH5 once I get Band Hero tomorrow...I apparently am in the minority of liking the pyro, fresh graphics, and brighter colors of the Band Hero game instead of the darkness that surrounds GH5...

Then again, if out of the 16 songs that don't export I find that American Girl, Comedown, Du Hast, In the Meantime, Lithium, SLTS, or Sultans of Swing, I may change my mind and go the other way...

Either way my main dilemma is, what to play tomorrow night and thats a great one to have...

Oh, and my prereleased copy of GH Van Halen came in the mail today as well...decent play but looks as though its running on the GHWT engine which I never liked, as usual they overcharted a bunch of songs (what a surprise) AND worst of all, they absolutely ruined Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind! :mad:

I dunno what happened to the master, but the singer has major ISSUES in the recording they received.
    edited November 2009
    braves22;3211000 said:

Oh, and my prereleased copy of GH Van Halen came in the mail today as well...decent play but looks as though its running on the GHWT engine which I never liked, as usual they overcharted a bunch of songs (what a surprise) AND worst of all, they absolutely ruined Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind! :mad:

I dunno what happened to the master, but the singer has major ISSUES in the recording they received.
    ITS NOT THE GH:WT ENGINE ITS THE GH:M/SH ENGINE. Why do people get this confused so much?
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Apples;3209622 said:
    Interesting. Looks like it will be more akin to the RB1 download mechanism where you buy the key, and then use the utility to do the copying. Great for 360 players who may want to delete certain songs.
    Fixed.