Lego Rock Band for $37.99 at Fry's Electronics!

moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I believe all of the stores have the game for the low low price of $37.99, however I can only confirm for the store in Wilsonville, OR. If anyone has information about the other stores please post it here.

In case anyone is wondering, with the export fee that's $1.06 a song.

And thanks to the person who first posted the info about it on the 3456th page of the Lego Rock Band Rumors and Facts page.

Comments

• ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    moracnoy;3212637 said:
    I believe all of the stores have the game for the low low price of $37.99, however I can only confirm for the store in Wilsonville, OR. If anyone has information about the other stores please post it here.

What a crying shame, that's the nearest Frye's to me. In fact, isn't it the ONLY Frye's in the Portland metro? :D

I forsee a cruise down I-5 for me this weekend.
  • moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3212695 said:
    What a crying shame, that's the nearest Frye's to me. In fact, isn't it the ONLY Frye's in the Portland metro? :D

Yeah, it is. I live in North Portland, so it was kind of a pain, but worth it.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I just called the Fry's in Plano, TX and they confirmed the $37.99 price. I would suspect that all of the North Texas Fry's have the same price.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2009
    Anyone have a scan of the ad so I can price match just in case
  • edited November 2009
    Good lookin out, I will snag mine at Frys tomorrow.
  • Nev3rend3rNev3rend3r Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    fry's always has great rock band demo stations
  • AviStettoAviStetto Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The Fry's in Austin only had the Wii version in stock this morning - No XBox360 or PS3. But, it was at the $37.99 price.
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    nice. i was just gonna rent and export, but 35 bucks is low enough to warrant a purchase:P
  • JankeeJankee Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    moracnoy;3212637 said:

And thanks to the person who first posted the info about it on the 3456th page of the Lego Rock Band Rumors and Facts page.
    You are welcome. I was at the Fry's in Plano, TX (Dallas area) just after 8am and got it for 37.99. The game wasn't in their POS system, so it took 30 minutes to write up a manual ticket and I got it. They had about 2 dozen (for the Xbox360) there.

It was ironic that the only store to advertise it, didn't have it in their POS system.
  • dbldbl burgerdbldbl burger Unsigned
    edited November 2009
  • HamKetHamKet Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3212695 said:

I'm 99% sure that it's the ONLY Fry's in Oregon. I'd take a trip up (I'm in Eugene), but I already got the game from Best Buy.com.
  • FrogmanFrogman Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    That's a solid deal!!
    for those that miss out on this and are planning on buying Modern Warfare 2 here is what I am doing:

Order Modern Warfare 2 on amazon.com and you get a $20 gift card.
    You get the gift card a few days after the game ships.
    Then you turn and use the $20 gift card on L:RB which is already listed there at $43 (So $23 after the gift card)
    And if you just want to use it for the code then you can turn in the game and get like $15-20 so you only end up spending $15-20 WITH the export fee (instead of $60).

I am probably going to keep the game though, at least till I beat it.
    The only negative is I won't get L:RB Till some time next week because I wont get the gift card until they ship MW2.
  • hshizzlehshizzle Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    dbldbl burger;3213640 said:
    http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=8524724&subid=27277164&type=

The San Jose Mercury Newspaper has the Fry's advertisement online...

Thanks. I printed this and got Best Buy to match this ad. (I'm in Bay Area)
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited November 2009
    Is this a west coast thing? They don't have any over here... at least I've never heard of that place.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    hshizzle;3214750 said:
    Thanks. I printed this and got Best Buy to match this ad. (I'm in Bay Area)
    They accepted a print out? Lucky! Where I'm from they have to go to the exact website it was posted on and everything.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Just got mine for $36.99 on ebay. I wasn't gonna get it either, but I saw it was ending soon so I said what the hell. I just made sure I didn't go over $50.00. I wasn't paying more for something I knew I could easily get for $50.00.

Should be here by weekend. But seeing I also got the new R&C as well as Dead Space at the same time (and have the GOW3 demo) I think my time will be devoted elsewhere for the most part.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I ordered my Lego Rock Band from Amazon for $36.99 ($40.98 with S&H). Delivery is expected between the 12th and the 30th. A possible four week wait for a $10 discount? I'll take it!
  • InsanityExInsanityEx Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    AviStetto;3212927 said:
    The Fry's in Austin only had the Wii version in stock this morning - No XBox360 or PS3. But, it was at the $37.99 price.
    Wii owners that want the game, better get it now while it's actually worth it. Though I honestly think it should be lower.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    For some reason I keep thinking it's Frye's rather than Fry's. Maybe I'm inexplicably crushed by the Blazers not re-signing Channing Frye?
  • JankeeJankee Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3216139 said:
    For some reason I keep thinking it's Frye's rather than Fry's. Maybe I'm inexplicably crushed by the Blazers not re-signing Channing Frye?
    Didn't the Fry's move into the old Incredible Universe location in Wilsonville? I spent many a lunch hour in that store.
  • moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yep, my dad still has bags that say Incredible Universe on them, But I'm too young to remember it.
  • edited November 2009
    LAST CALL!

I just picked up my copy at Fry's in Fountain Valley, CA and this promotion ENDS TODAY 11/5

Back to 50 bucks in the morning.
  • pirates481pirates481 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Phew! Just got my $37.99 copy last night! Great game. :)
  • edited November 2009
    pirates481;3224389 said:
    Phew! Just got my $37.99 copy last night! Great game. :)
    Right on!

Yeah snagging the game for 38 bucks makes the 10.00 export fee no problem since you still end up paying less that the 49.99 Sugg retail.

Woot!
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    the Frys I went to in Dallas had it for $48 and change, just fyi
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Bobman32x;3213110 said:
    nice. i was just gonna rent and export, but 35 bucks is low enough to warrant a purchase:P
    nice.. steal from the developers...
  • Wazzup4567Wazzup4567 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    And to think i bought the DS version for $29 at Waly world. :\
  • WalterrrrWalterrrr Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    playmike;3231187 said:
    nice.. steal from the developers...
    I'm pretty sure that retail stores all pay similar prices for their allotment and then price it at MSRP to make their margin. Fry's would have been taking a lower margin hoping to make up for that with volume.