[ATTACH]5951[/ATTACH]
799 x 599 - 62K
-8.jpg 62.1K

Comments

• McNoobMcNoob Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Darn. Sounds like there'll be no deleting So What on its way to RB2.
  • redbillredbill Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    did you use the disc at all? or the website code gave you the download from xbox live?
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Kidmitt;3212670 said:
    Darn. Sounds like there'll be no deleting So What on its way to RB2.
    Take deep breaths... :D I know there's some stuff on there I don't want. Maybe one day, just MAYBE PS3 will be able to delete.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Cool.... was just about to start a thread asking about this. I have another month or two before having to upgrade to a 120 Gig HD. :)
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I wish the songs would just rip from the disk.

A 1.2 gig download is going to take about a week with my connection.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You have to use the disc to get to the ingame export option correct?
    Also then the tracks are not ripped from the disc correct? Its a file download like all the other track packs?
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    redbill;3212673 said:
    did you use the disc at all? or the website code gave you the download from xbox live?
    used the disk to access the export key: http://i.imgur.com/cqzXB.jpg
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Can you confirm whether or not you can delete individual songs after you do the import?
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I am a bit disappointed by this as well. Like others, I was hoping to delete some of the songs I didn't want like I could with the RB 1 export.
    edited November 2009
    So:
    1. get code from manual
    2. get code from website
    3. download license
    4. in-game option to access license
    5. download songs

simple enough
  • fuzzaifuzzai Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Anyone else getting issues when trying to download the export?
    I keep getting error codes: 800700e8

...and yes i already downloaded the key to allow me this.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    fuzzai;3212752 said:
    Anyone else getting issues when trying to download the export?
    I keep getting error codes: 800700e8

...and yes i already downloaded the key to allow me this.
    yes I got that too after I downloaded the key. What I did was exit back to the very front screen, where it says to press start to continue. from here I went back into the rockband store, and i didn't get the error anymore.
  • fuzzaifuzzai Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Dekieon;3212774 said:
    yes I got that too after I downloaded the key. What I did was exit back to the very front screen, where it says to press start to continue. from here I went back into the rockband store, and i didn't get the error anymore.

Just tried that, didn't work for me ;(
    ill give it time, maybe to many are trying to download it, oh well.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    crap i am soooo out of room on my PS3. I only have 4 gigs left! Better buy a new HD soon!
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    That. Sucks.

Very, very poor decision. With this many songs, there is no reason we shouldn't have had a RB1 style export. Just miserably disappointing.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    CrazyIvan;3212726 said:
    Can you confirm whether or not you can delete individual songs after you do the import?
    It's one big file, which means you cannot.
    edited November 2009
    can you re-download from Xbox live, or would you need to use the disc again?
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3212820 said:
    It's one big file, which means you cannot.
    Wasn't the RB1 to RB2 export also one big file? Maybe I'm just mis-remembering how that one worked.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Completely bummed out about the bulk export file, but them's the breaks. I was hoping to get rid of the more annoying stuff. Kind of a moot point anyways, as I'm waiting on my transfer kit to get my 120 GB HDD up and running. No room for the export on the 14GB standard. According to Microsoft, I'll be waiting 3 weeks for that cable to arrive. Should I get all riled up and scream about HMX not caring for the 360 users that have sub-standard HDD that are maxed out w/ content?
  • edited November 2009
    Ugh, that is so disappointing. I don't want more filler/junk songs in my song list.

The game shell is already cracking under the weight of so many songs.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    It's kind of funny really. People are treating this thing like a glorified track pack...and then when the export works just like a Track Pack they get all upset.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3213017 said:
    It's kind of funny really. People are treating this thing like a glorified track pack...and then when the export works just like a Track Pack they get all upset.
    I was hoping to treat this more like RB1. Now it seems more like a glorified track pack. Oh well, I'll still enjoy Lego, and I guess I'll survive Pink showing up in my mystery setlists in RB2.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Related Question: Can you download the export well playing the game?
  • iagomonkiagomonk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    CrazyIvan;3212964 said:
    Wasn't the RB1 to RB2 export also one big file? Maybe I'm just mis-remembering how that one worked.
    No, it was individual files ripped off the RB1 disc, that you could go back and delete afterward. At least on the 360...
    edited November 2009
    iagomonk;3213036 said:
    No, it was individual files ripped off the RB1 disc, that you could go back and delete afterward. At least on the 360...
    Ahhhhh.... gotcha. I just remembered that you had to do a full export of the songs and then go back in and delete the ones you didn't want. I forgot that you ripped them from the disk vs. downloading the songs.

Hmph.... okay... than this is seriously a bummer. LEGO: RB was a definite purchase for me, but not being able to cherry pick the songs I want to export makes it a "maybe" at best . There's only ~15 or so songs that I would have kept and a whole bunch that I definitely DO NOT want taking up room on my relatively limited 360 HDD. I'll have to think on this one...
  • gunner07gunner07 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Is anybody else getting an issue when entering the export code from the manual? It keeps telling me "That game code was not found."
  • ChessPieceFaceChessPieceFace Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    So... you don't even need the disc to "export" the songs? Just the card insert?

Seems like that just makes it easier for people to swipe codes.
  • eke826seke826s Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Still haven't gotten home to play yet, but from what I've heard so far I'm not going to be in a big rush to export the songs into RB2. Lego to me sounds like RB2.5. With the majority of my DLC importing in I would much rather play a new game with new mystery setlists and such than replay the same things on RB2 I completed ages ago.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    General Lein979;3213032 said:
    Related Question: Can you download the export well playing the game?
    Not at first, but if you stop the download, back out to the main menu and navigate to your Account Settings through the guide button, you can restart the download from your Download History and return to playing the game while it downloads in the background like anything else. It's a flaw with the way downloads work through games, but if you don't do it that way, you're stuck staring at the progress bar until it finishes.
    ChessPieceFace;3213104 said:
    So... you don't even need the disc to "export" the songs? Just the card insert?

Seems like that just makes it easier for people to swipe codes.
    You must have the code on the card to get the small license file provided by the website. Once you download that, you get access to a part of the in-game Music Store that lets you purchase the "Export Pack" seen in the jpeg. You need the disc to access the Pack.