No PS3 export till 11/12

Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band

Comments

• KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    In a few hours I'll be too busy playing the actual game on my PS3 to be laughing.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Will give me time to get trophies at least. I'm picking up like 6 games today including this one. My wallet is crying already.
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    well i am not buying the game now. I was planning on exporting and then using the disc as a coaster.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I wish they'd let us know why, instead of just when. I'm sure it'd make a lot of people feel better.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    To clarify since I didn't want to get ninja'd, I know about 35125253 posts about Microsoft screwing PS3 owners, HMX hates PS3's, etc so I thought it was freaking hilarious since so many will get riled up. Me personally, I'll probably get the game next pay check anyways. :D On to Queen!!!
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    Why would having to wait 9 days make someone not buy the game now?

I do not understand.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    I would have waited until next week to pick it up when Pay-Day comes that Friday instead of getting the game today, then planning on exporting it for a party this weekend. Looks like I'll have to remove those songs from my RB2 list.
  • NumanoidNumanoid Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sweet. Sorry for you PS3 guys, but I get to export today.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    OMG...you have to wait a week to export...End of the world I guess?
    edited November 2009
    Mex;3212710 said:

I do not understand.
    Don't know. It's disappointing, yes...
    edited November 2009
    wesjett08;3212733 said:
    OMG...you have to wait a week to export...End of the world I guess?
    Come now, it's MORE than a week :p
    edited November 2009
    Mex;3212710 said:

I do not understand.
    Because the actual export download may not have been uploaded to the servers to be ready by this upcoming Thursday, hence, we wait til the following Thursday. It's a freaking week, and not going to kill anyone.
    edited November 2009
    This thread is very much lacking of a poster named Flawless.
  • Stig_the_PigStig_the_Pig Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It's not only this that bothers me, it's ALWAYS the same...

patch, now this, only rb2 for xbox here in belgium, so i HAVE TO import the game from the USA
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3212742 said:
    Because the actual export download may not have been uploaded to the servers to be ready by this upcoming Thursday, hence, we wait til the following Thursday. It's a freaking week, and not going to kill anyone.
    Admittedly it is somewhat odd. Games have had release date DLC before. GHWT even had DLC before the game was released. Did someone forget to upload it on time?
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    The frustration is that there was never any notice that PS3 users wouldn't be able to export the songs until 9 days after release. Nothing. I wouldn't have killed them to make an announcement about this earlier. They deserve all of these enraged knee-jerk reactions posts that will flood these forums for the next week.
  • thrillhouse987thrillhouse987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3212742 said:
    But they also managed to have the export download ready for Xbox today... There is no reason that it can't be up for this Thursday seeing as they knew it was going to release on this date like a month ago.

Perhaps the only justification for this will be that there is a patch for RB2 coming out between now and Nov. 12.

Obviously its only a week, but little things like this have been adding up for quite some time, and its pretty annoying since I have no interest in playing the actual Lego game.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Doesnt bother me as i wont even have the game until next week (stupid importing!) but man this sucks lol. I would love to know why this is. You say it wont be ready to submit by this Thursday. Why? It should already be there. As i said i wont have the game until next week so i dont care, and im sure plenty of other people wont care either as they will enjoy playing it for a short while, but really, this is stupid and i am starting to get really tired of this. I get really excited, cant wait, only for SOMETHING, and it is always something that happens to the PS3 version. Just for once i want it to happen to the 360 owners to hear them complain, and feel what as a PS owner, i feel.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It strikes me as odd even given the typical "next Thursday" mantra. November 5th makes sense, the 12th seems... slack. Unless it's a design decision across all consoles.

Either way, hardly a deal breaker. In the meantime there's a fully functional game in it's own right to be played. I seriously doubt there'd be that massive a PS3 population of people who've ripped the disc and eschewed playing the Lego game itself for a week or two anyway.
    edited November 2009
    thrillhouse987;3212778 said:
    But they also managed to have the export download ready for Xbox today... There is no reason that it can't be up for this Thursday seeing as they knew it was going to release on this date like a month ago.
    The Xbox Marketplace updates daily. The people running the NA PSN store update "when they feel like it," it just so happens that tends to coincide with Thursdays most of the time. They're some of the least reliable people I've ever had to deal with on a regular basis. Who knows how long in advance they needed the files to get them up by this upcoming Thursday, it could have been a day earlier than the files were given to them.
  • HysteriaHysteria Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It would have been nice if it was available this week but I'd rather have the game and wait a week to export then have to wait a full month like we had for RB2.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009

Perhaps the only justification for this will be that there is a patch for RB2 coming out between now and Nov. 12.

Obviously its only a week, but little things like this have been adding up for quite some time, and its pretty annoying since I have no interest in playing the actual Lego game.
    Some really good points there. All of this frustration could have easily been avoided if HMX spent two seconds typing an announcement that said "Upon release, the export will not yet be available for PS3 users".
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    Oh I think it's lame too I was just wondering why someone would not buy the game at all because of this. Waiting until it's exportable makes sense though.

I'll probably buy it today anyway, get my Trophies and then export when it's available.
  • edited November 2009
    10 days... oh the humanity...

Or is that a Manatee?

In any event, its means.... nothing.... just something else for the Lets_Complain_Club to complain about.

I wonder if HMX sits around the office and LOL as the boundary of what people will wig out about gets further and further beyond the scope of real issues.

Imagine, no food for 10 days, you would still survive but THAT would be rough.

No export for 10 days for a game you can still play to your hearts content?

WhoopDeFrigginDo.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    There is no reason that it can't be up for this Thursday seeing as they knew it was going to release on this date like a month ago.
    Clearly there IS a reason that it can't be up for this Thursday, since well, it won't be. So saying that there is no reason is ridiculous.

When Sony decides to update their store is not HMX's fault. You want to rant? Go rail against your console manufacturer.
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3212826 said:

Or is that a Manatee?

In any event, its means.... nothing.... just something else for the Lets_Complain_Club to complain about.

I wonder if HMX sits around the office and LOL as the boundary of what people will wig out about gets further and further beyond the scope of real issues.

WhoopDeFrigginDo.
    From these posts we're learning more and more people aren't interested in playing the Lego Game at all, just the music.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3212826 said:

Or is that a Manatee?

WhoopDeFrigginDo.

Again, it's NOT the wait. It's the not being told about it until we see everybody else on HMX's preferred Console getting the full functionality of the game while we are, once AGAIN, told to go sod off and you'll get it when you get it.

It's the constant "inferior children" attitude that is getting really frustrating.

And for all the people who are going "Boo-****ing-hoo", it must be nice to be a 360 player and get preferential treatment all the time.
  • thrillhouse987thrillhouse987 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3212833 said:
    Clearly there IS a reason that it can't be up for this Thursday, since well, it won't be. So saying that there is no reason is ridiculous.

When Sony decides to update their store is not HMX's fault. You want to rant? Go rail against your console manufacturer.
    Except that they've updated every Thursday for 2 years.... which is why we get DLC on Thursdays, which is fine.

If the files were submitted at the same time (which made them available today for Xbox), why wouldn't it be ready at the exact same time. A good reason would suffice, but we probably won't be given any.
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3212850 said:
    Again, it's NOT the wait. It's the not being told about it until we see everybody else on HMX's preferred Console getting the full functionality of the game while we are, once AGAIN, told to go sod off and you'll get it when you get it.

It's the constant "inferior children" attitude that is getting really frustrating.

And for all the people who are going "Boo-****ing-hoo", it must be nice to be a 360 player and get preferential treatment all the time.
    Well, that linked website didn't have an input section until today. There was nothing posted about the delay until recently, so for the sake of my own sanity, I'm giving Harmonix the benefit of the doubt and assuming they may not have known until today that the files wouldn't be available right away. It's largely on Sony to get our stuff in a manner that it becomes available for download. Yes, Harmonix has to give them the files, but beyond that, it's Sony, and the NA store in particular seems to have very inefficient and ineffective workers.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I can give you a reason. Its not ready. That must be all because you are right. They can get the DLC to Sony in time but not this? Its the only reason, which is piss poor. I mean they have known for AGES that it will export and the release date. So WTF have they been doing?

And to make it worse you get these 360 owners coming in trying to shoot you down or stick up for them. Just once i want it to happen to them, and watch the epic meltdowns. Bet it wouldnt be so easy than would it?