No PS3 export till 11/12

Comments

  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    KongWen;3213093 said:
    I rented this hoping to snag the export code and get the songs into my RB2 (yeah yeah, but Blockbuster doesn't want the code, and if I didn't get it then some other chump like me would have).

    I was surprised that it's actually a pretty good game in its own right. Lots to do/buy. But if they don't release the export info till the 12th, I'm going to have to keep the game a couple days late.

    My question is this: are the export-songs downloaded from a server, or ripped from the disc? In other words, do I need the disc to download the songs, or just the code? If I only need the code I can return the game on time and get the songs when they're released.
    Did you actually get the seperate sheet with the code on it when you rented?? That's surprising.
  • edited November 2009
    Grannd;3213102 said:
    PS3 gets shafted ONCE AGAIN.
    Shaft Rules!

    :cool:
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3212833 said:

    When Sony decides to update their store is not HMX's fault. You want to rant? Go rail against your console manufacturer.
    Grrr. Because we know that Tuesday is the magical day that all DLC has to be released. HMX bends over time and again to accommodate deficiencies in the XBox platform, they could easily make this one exception for the PS3 crowd and release everything on Thursdays at the same time.

    The two day gap does exactly what it is supposed to. Annoy a small amount of potential PS3 buyers to get XBox instead. Microsoft does this across the board. Every dirty trick they can pull.
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3213041 said:
    But at least HMX told the Wii users how they were being left behind a long time ago. They always try to tell the PS3 users that they are treated the same way as 360 users, then lie to our faces. I find it VERY hard to believe that HMX had ZERO idea about the delay. Again, a simple "Something happened and the PS3 won't get to export until the 12th" would have been respectful to the PS3 only users.
    I agree, some people make HMX seem like they have nothing to do with anything that is bad.
  • princeofcupsprinceofcups Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Grannd;3213102 said:
    PS3 gets shafted ONCE AGAIN.

    I really hope Harmonix is getting a lot of money out of their deals with Microsoft, because then in the end this delay of everything PS3 (especially people in Europe with a PS3, see Abbey Road recently, or any major RB release except TB:RB was delayed, still no RB2 instruments etc..).
    Anyway, I still hope HMX is getting a lot of money out of their deals with Microsoft so they will eventually be able to contract big names for the game, that way EU PS3 users can know that all the crap we get shoved is for the greater good of the RB platform.
    If Sean is just using the Microsoft bribe money for dance lessons I might just go kill myself for buying a PS3 and putting up with this delay **** for EVERYTHING EU PS3 related to Rock Band.
    What he said. :-)
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Bookmarked for the next time people claim the PS3 doesn't get screwed.
    princeofcups;3213114 said:
    Grrr. Because we know that Tuesday is the magical day that all DLC has to be released. HMX bends over time and again to accommodate deficiencies in the XBox platform, they could easily make this one exception for the PS3 crowd and release everything on Thursdays at the same time.
    Pretty much every type of media is released on Tuesdays. Like CDs. Which HMX does tie-ins with.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited November 2009
    This thread made me lol in RL.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I would love to hear what Henry or Sean have to say on this matter. It would probably be some standed copy/paste crap about something but would be nice nontheless.
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Also it's not a PSN Store thing, it's a download code for a track export.
    Almost all beta's I've been in that required a code got released on a different day or time than the regular PSN Store update, SOCOM, MAG, Uncharted 2 those were all CODE downloadables that you didn't need to wait for the PSN Store to update to download.
    And if it IS a PSN Store thing, why isn't there THIS thursday, but NEXT week?
  • THRIZZLETHRIZZLE Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3212678 said:
    I have a PS3 and I"m LAUGHING MY ASS OFF.

    http://www.rockband.com/lego-export
    That is all you can do. I didn't expect anything less. Playstation always gets the shaft. I have learned to accept it...:(
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Aw, this sucks. I mean, it's not like I WANTED this game just for the export (it looks really well made), but it would be nice to integrate them into the core platform of RB2 the day it came out, let alone on Thursday. Why a whole week?

    I wish someone from HMX would clear this up.
  • Bobman32xBobman32x Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    the only thing this does is put a damnper in my plans to rent and export.

    however, you people are all over reacting. oooo so no exportation for a week. you know you can ummm... PLAY THE GAME?
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited November 2009
    sillystou;3213121 said:
    This thread made me lol in RL.
    Oh, and I'm a PS3 user.
  • Dick_RiversDick_Rivers Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I can't wait for Harmonix answer.

    My guess "we are doing our best, it's sony's fault but we are continuing talking to them".

    Won't make me buy an xbox, but in the future, if new systems come, i won't invest much in a game company that can drop a system on the road. So much money in games, plastic instruments and dlc, to be treated like that, you are killing your own business. Hope microsoft money will save you.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Bobman32x;3213131 said:
    the only thing this does is put a damnper in my plans to rent and export.

    however, you people are all over reacting. oooo so no exportation for a week. you know you can ummm... PLAY THE GAME?
    Again, it's NOT about the weeklong wait. That isn't the annoying thing. It's the fact that Harmonix knew about this well in advance (how else would they have the website up with the date of 11/12), but didn't say one single thing. Add this to the delays for everything PS3 related and the exclusive content given to X-Box 360 users all the time, and PS3 users are just getting sick of getting crapped on. At least the Wii users knew well in advance what they were not getting. PS3 users just always get blindsided and then the HMX fanboy's come out claiming that they didn't do anything wrong and that we're just "whining". Meanwhile, they boot up their 360's and have no problems at all because the biggest problem they've ever had on their console is having to wait until 4:00 A.M. on a Tuesday morning to get their DLC.

    Oh yeah, thus far Harmonix seems to be the only company having trouble with releases on PS3s. Must be weighed down by all the money MS is giving them.
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Doom878;3213024 said:
    This thread isn't useless, the responses are. I was the first to break the news since I got the tweet that the export site was up and checked it out. My OP correctly predicted the aftermath. :D
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171293&page=2

    Yeah you sure were the first when I posted that it was 11/12 in this thread 34 minutes before this thread was up. Thanks and drive on to the next window.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3213139 said:
    Again, it's NOT about the weeklong wait. That isn't the annoying thing. It's the fact that Harmonix knew about this well in advance (how else would they have the website up with the date of 11/12), but didn't say one single thing. Add this to the delays for everything PS3 related and the exclusive content given to X-Box 360 users all the time, and PS3 users are just getting sick of getting crapped on. At least the Wii users knew well in advance what they were not getting. PS3 users just always get blindsided and then the HMX fanboy's come out claiming that they didn't do anything wrong and that we're just "whining". Meanwhile, they boot up their 360's and have no problems at all because the biggest problem they've ever had on their console is having to wait until 4:00 A.M. on a Tuesday morning to get their DLC.

    Oh yeah, thus far Harmonix seems to be the only company having trouble with releases on PS3s. Must be weighed down by all the money MS is giving them.
    .
  • GranndGrannd Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    aspiring;3213124 said:
    I would love to hear what Henry or Sean have to say on this matter. It would probably be some standed copy/paste crap about something but would be nice nontheless.
    They won't say anything other than 'we always try for an equal approach to all platforms', while actually Xbox 360 has been favoured since the beginning.

    RB launch in Europe
    RB2 launch in Europe
    Lack of RB2 instruments
    No RBN for PS3
    Weeks delay of Abbey Road
    Delay of star-sorting patch
    Delay of Lego Rock Band exportability

    All of the above had no other explanations than 'we try to have all platforms be equal, stay updated for the latest news'.
    Don't get me wrong, we DO get all the stuff EVENTUALLY (although I doubt we'll get RBN), but the main problem that gets everybody aggrevated is the fact that HMX keeps insisting they try to get everything equal for all the consoles, while obviously they aren't really trying, and on top of that they don't share any info on when we DO get everything which makes it even more annoying not knowing if things are going to happen or not.
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Grannd;3213145 said:

    No RBN for PS3
    Isn't this caused by a lack of indie dev infrastructure on the PS3 end?
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited November 2009
    Also, they chose to do RBN on a program that only works with the 360. There ARE other programs.

    (Don't care about this at all, just saying, there are.)
  • gosox333gosox333 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Man, a warning would have been nice....
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3213139 said:
    the biggest problem [360 users have] ever had on their console is having to wait until 4:00 A.M. on a Tuesday morning to get their DLC.
    You could not be more wrong. Several times, DLC hadn't appeared on the marketplace when it normally does for whatever reason (it eventually appeared, but not for several hours). Each time, HMX had no idea the DLC wasn't on the marketplace at 5 AM (Eastern time), but they always resolved it.

    I'm sorry if you lack patience, but you'll have to deal with the "delay" in exporting LRB on PS3.
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Please, we got an offical anwser it would just be an excuse. It's always an excuse, either be it because the PS3/Sony for whatever reason are not able to do something that the 360 can or it has to get worked out to be formated to the PS3

    Personally I'm tired of the excuse and they are not very good excuses at that because they can still pick to release everything at the same time but they don't.
  • aspiringaspiring Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Grannd;3213145 said:
    They won't say anything other than 'we always try for an equal approach to all platforms', while actually Xbox 360 has been favoured since the beginning.

    RB launch in Europe
    RB2 launch in Europe
    Lack of RB2 instruments
    No RBN for PS3
    Weeks delay of Abbey Road
    Delay of star-sorting patch
    Delay of Lego Rock Band exportability

    All of the above had no other explanations than 'we try to have all platforms be equal, stay updated for the latest news'.
    Don't get me wrong, we DO get all the stuff EVENTUALLY (although I doubt we'll get RBN), but the main problem that gets everybody aggrevated is the fact that HMX keeps insisting they try to get everything equal for all the consoles, while obviously they aren't really trying, and on top of that they don't share any info on when we DO get everything which makes it even more annoying not knowing if things are going to happen or not.


    Yeah but forget Europe. There the smart ones. They got burnt once and gave the big finger to HMX. Have a look at RB sales from any game. Even The Beatles bombed hard over there. Than when you factor in that the PS3 is selling double what the 360 is weekly since the price drop (and the 360 was only outselling it when it dropped to like 99 pounds or whatever) and you release it exclusive on that platform, late mind you, what do you expect.

    What i am trying to say though is HMX is just hurting themselves. With music games in a sales decline, coupled with the fact that HMX is screwing over a big chunk of there userbase, eventually it will bite them.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3213139 said:
    Again, it's NOT about the weeklong wait. That isn't the annoying thing. It's the fact that Harmonix knew about this well in advance (how else would they have the website up with the date of 11/12), but didn't say one single thing. Add this to the delays for everything PS3 related and the exclusive content given to X-Box 360 users all the time, and PS3 users are just getting sick of getting crapped on. At least the Wii users knew well in advance what they were not getting. PS3 users just always get blindsided and then the HMX fanboy's come out claiming that they didn't do anything wrong and that we're just "whining". Meanwhile, they boot up their 360's and have no problems at all because the biggest problem they've ever had on their console is having to wait until 4:00 A.M. on a Tuesday morning to get their DLC.
    *clap*
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Simple solution to the "It takes longer for PS3". START WORKING ON THE PS3 STUFF FIRST!!!!!!!! Gee, had you uploaded this stuff to Sony weeks ago when the discs were all being pressed, you could have avoided ALL OF THIS! But no. 360 always has been and always will be the favored console. I won't be shocked at all if Rock Band 3 is an X-Box exclusive, permanently.
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3213179 said:
    I won't be shocked at all if Rock Band 3 is an X-Box exclusive, permanently.
    Would have made this whole thing simpler if they'd done that from the start.
  • TrueLinkTrueLink Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    NO! Don't say it, you might tempt them!
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Baanu_Rass;3213186 said:
    Would have made this whole thing simpler if they'd done that from the start.
    Yeah bet they will pull that crap again and make it exlusive for 6 months this time.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Baanu_Rass;3213186 said:
    Would have made this whole thing simpler if they'd done that from the start.
    Indeed it would have!
Sign In or Register to comment.