Lego DLC difficulties

StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
FYI They re-did most of the difficulties. Rio and girls on film are both max difficulty now on drums.

Comments

• Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    If I got this I imagine 50% of my setlist would be tiers 5-6.
  • StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Yep, they revamped it, it seems like most of my stuff went up, but some older stuff went down
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    What guitar tier is Satch Boogie on LRB?
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3214528 said:
    what guitar tier is satch boogie on lrb?
  • Grimman_DarkGrimman_Dark Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3214528 said:
    What guitar tier is Satch Boogie on LRB?
    Satch Boogie didn't make it to L:RB. It's impossibly huge difficulty is inappropriate for small children due to their brains exploding every time they try to play it.
  • StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Only about 120/260 exported for me. I know tow sawer(master) and limelight(master) both were bumped up to max.
  • Dr.RockBandDr.RockBand Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Grimman_Dark;3214558 said:
    Satch Boogie didn't make it to L:RB. It's impossibly huge difficulty is inappropriate for small children due to their brains exploding every time they try to play it.
    i could have sworn i saw it in the LRB DLC store tho
  • KoRnSaQKoRnSaQ Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    They also redid the RB1 ratings so that the Bass is a separate rating than the guitar.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Stewjoe;3214564 said:
    Only about 120/260 exploded for me.
    This is what I initially read. I had presumed you were gathering up children to play Satch Boogie in some sort of sick controlled experiment.

My bad.
    edited November 2009
    Exayle;3214654 said:
    This is what I initially read. I had presumed you were gathering up children to play Satch Boogie in some sort of sick controlled experiment.

My bad.
    I would pay to watch that.
  • zage1337zage1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Wonderwall is final tier on guitar in Lego Rock Band....

What the ****!
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    I noticed that Won't Get Fooled Again is red-dots on everything now, which tickled me for no particular reason.

I suppose I'm just glad the Who's Next stuff is in the game at all. :D:D:D:D:D
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009

Satch is on my DLC in LRB..
  • Conriocht13Conriocht13 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I don't think they neccessarally "revamped" the tiering system, I think the just bumped alot of the songs up, kind of going with the "kid/family-friendly" approach, they're figuring stuff veteran players find easy to be more challenging to younger kids and less experienced players. I mean, as Zage said, I don't think HMX can serious say that Wonderwall belongs in the same guitar tier as GG&HT; but for new players, the chord changes are quite difficult.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It seems that the tiering wasn't designed with DLC/RB1 songs in mind. They wanted to make it so that the last 6 or 7 (?) songs would be in Lego's final tier, the next 6 or 7 songs would be in the penultimate tier, &c. In order to do that without overtiering the hell out of the Lego songs, they made the lowest difficulty ranking for "Out of this world" songs way lower than that of Rock Band 2's (and 1 for that matter) "Impossible" tier. Notice how the songs are still in the same order as they always were.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It would be interesting to see the tiering on L:RB songs once exported to RB2.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2009
    Guys, the DLC and RB1 songs are re-tiered because it's where they belong in comparison to the LEGO songs.

Think of it this way, every song is given a number rating for each instrument (I believe it's 1-500). They then take the average of the 4 ratings and tweak it to account for intangibles like unison bonuses. This gives each song an overall difficulty rating and a difficulty rating for each instrument. Put those in order and there's your tiers. The main setlist makes the base and then imported songs are tiered where they would be if they were in the main setlist.
    Mr. Tate;3215197 said:
    It would be interesting to see the tiering on L:RB songs once exported to RB2.
    you can see that in "The Music" section :)
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    kingtonyx;3215200 said:
    you can see that in "The Music" section :)
    Excellent, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Mmm, not really, I'm only seeing band tier, am I missing something?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2009
    Mr. Tate;3215202 said:
    Excellent, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Mmm, not really, I'm only seeing band tier, am I missing something?
    you have to go to each individual song page to see it's full tiers