Lego has broken HOPO chords like RB2 pre-patch...

snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
This sucks, it's definitely not me. Very noticeable on Valerie and You Give Love a Bad Name, ruined a couple FCs.

Patch get.

Edit: Broken may not be the right word because apparently they'll work for some people if you hit them a certain way but the method of hitting them is different from Beatles and RB2 which are both fixed to have them work the correct way. This means Lego is doing it wrong so, to me, Lego's hopo chords are broken, not working or any variation of the phrase you'd like to use. They don't work right, period.

Comments

• HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2009
    You can't FC Tangled Up In Blue on vocals. Is it broken?
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Wait, was Riles mocking the people who complain about regular HOPOs or do you actually think they work pre-patch?
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Something is def up with this game, drops notes, misses notes, something isn't rioght, other wise, love the game. Too bad all my songs don't go into it, would drop rb2 for this game.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2009
    They do, and they have been working this whole time

When people try HOPO chords, they typically slide their hand instead of releasing the fretboard. Take Even Flow for example. Most people go from the green HOPO, slide their hand, press down the red HOPO first, and then press down the orange HOPO that goes with the red HOPO. Well the problem is, since you hit only red first, the game registers the hit as a red hammer-on, since orange wasn't held down

The proper way to do HOPO chords for this song would to play the green note, release the fretboard, and then press red and orange at the same time, instead at different times. That's why people claim the HOPO chords are broken
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    HeyRiles;3214641 said:
    You can't FC Tangled Up In Blue on vocals. Is it broken?
    Of course not, it doesn't have HOPO chords.

If I had the money I'd export Lego right now and play it in RB2 and they would be fine.
  • edited November 2009
    Riles with no kitty makes Doc sad.....

But I still love ya man.

:)
  • Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
    HeyRiles;3214661 said:

When people try HOPO chords, they typically slide their hand instead of releasing the fretboard. Take Even Flow for example. Most people go from the green HOPO, slide their hand, press down the red HOPO first, and then press down the orange HOPO that goes with the red HOPO. Well the problem is, since you hit only red first, the game registers the hit as a red hammer-on, since orange wasn't held down

The proper way to do HOPO chords for this song would to play the green note, release the fretboard, and then press red and orange at the same time, instead at different times. That's why people claim the HOPO chords are broken
    Sliding on regular HOPOs doesn't punish you, why should HOPO chords?
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited November 2009
    The window isn't the same. I agree.

There is something about this game. I've noticed notes dropping and **** like that too.

The hammer-on chords seem to work sometimes and on certain songs better than others I've noticed too... I don't have any specific songs, but eh.
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I noticed this in The Final Countdown
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I have noticed notes dropping too. I figured my batteries were dieing, and since I don't have new ones at this time, I figured that was the problem. Now I think I might try RB 2 and see if I drop notes there or not.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    HeyRiles;3214661 said:

That's exactly what makes them broken. Would you release the strings on a real guitar before hammering to the next ones, or would you slide?
  • KoRnSaQKoRnSaQ Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Well it is called a "Hammer On" for a reason. Not a "Slide On"

But ya, I could see where it would piss people off. You get used to one thing, and now it completely screws you.

Im not positive that all songs are like this though. I can't remember witch song it was, but there were some HOPO chords on the bass part, and I had no problem sliding.
  • shyling3164shyling3164 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    snwns26;3214621 said:
    This sucks, it's definitely not me. Very noticeable on Valerie and You Give Love a Bad Name, ruined a couple FCs.

Patch get.
    oh no, you not getting an FC is the end of the world!
  • wrldindstries302wrldindstries302 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    KoRnSaQ;3214914 said:

But ya, I could see where it would piss people off. You get used to one thing, and now it completely screws you.

Im not positive that all songs are like this though. I can't remember witch song it was, but there were some HOPO chords on the bass part, and I had no problem sliding.
    The thing is, the hammer ons are used for slide notes too, especially with HO chords.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    shyling3164;3214925 said:
    Wow you know nothing about me at all, I don't even care about FCs that much but when it's ruined by a hammer-on that should of worked, it's just annoying.
  • gosox333gosox333 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    shyling3164;3214925 said:
    Don't be too vicious there, tiger. :rolleyes:
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited November 2009
    KoRnSaQ;3214914 said:

Actually it's not called anything. They are used for Chords that slide, but they're not officially named anything. HOPO Chords is just something the internet people came up with.

Plus there is no such thing as "Hammer On Pull Off Chords" ONLY sliding chords, so... yes they are Slide Chords.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    and they work fine!!!! Maybe operator error. i had no problems with them!!
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    HeyRiles;3214661 said:
    When people try HOPO chords, they typically slide their hand instead of releasing the fretboard. Take Even Flow for example.
    Um, that's the thing. Pre-patch those chords you're talking about in Even Flow did work that way. After the patch, it's looser and you can actually hit the red fret a little before the orange fret and it still count. In this game the HOPO chords are definitely more judgemental. They seem to be somewhere between pre-patch and post-patch RB2 HOPO chords.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    I did notice this on You Give Love A Bad Name. I think the trouble is that even if I want to just strum them they often register a miss in the process of moving my hands, laaaame.

I'm not worried about FCs because I miss all the time, but I miss enough based on honest mistakes, I don't need the game breaking my combo for no reason. If I wanted it to do that I'd play drums
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    CCDaDon;3214968 said:
    Plus there is no such thing as "Hammer On Pull Off Chords" ONLY sliding chords, so... yes they are Slide Chords.
    I love hammering on chords with my real guitar. And I'm pretty sure Eight Days A Week has a new chord created by hammering on a string in a chord...at least that's how I play it to get it to sound closer than the tabs say. :p
  • hankchillhankchill Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I can totally side with the OP on this one; Hammer-on chords are not programmed how they should be in Lego RB. I don't remember which song I was playing last night but it was DLC and had hammeron chords, I found myself missing them when I never usually did. Went back to Rock Band 2 out of curiosity, played that same song, and played it perfectly.

Lego Rock Band was probably already finished before the HO-Chord patch was released for RB2. We'll just have to wait for a fix (oh, and sort by stars too :> )
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure that something's wrong - I barely 5-starred Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, and that's an easy chart. Most of the hammer-ons would drop. Not every single time, but most of the song, they would.
    I've re-calibrated 3 times so far, and that hasn't fixed timing issues. It still drops nearly every note in the opening of Summer of 69.

I also thought it could be the batteries, since they were low. I changed them, re-calibrated, and it's still nearly impossible to get anything to hit.
  • BoondockerBoondocker Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Regardless of whether it's a technique thing or reflecting the real world, it seems stupid to have inconsistent play across games.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    They're fixed on RB2? When did this happen? Oh wait, I have a PS3...
  • KaemonKaemon Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I've always been able to hit them in RB2 pre-patch. I can him them post-patch.

I can hit them LRB. No Problem. Still easy :-/
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3216104 said:
    They're fixed on RB2? When did this happen? Oh wait, I have a PS3...
    We are floating in the same boat on this one :p maybe one day they'll be a bit better. I suck enough as is without them being against me. LOL.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    folkeye;3216207 said:
    We are floating in the same boat on this one :p maybe one day they'll be a bit better. I suck enough as is without them being against me. LOL.
    I stopped trying to remember which ones worked tolerably enough to rely on and just decided to strum them all pretty much. :p
  • supersonic1414supersonic1414 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The HO chords work fine for me. Of course, they worked fine pre patch and pre Beatles for me too. They just lengthened the timing window with the patch
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    supersonic1414;3216294 said:
    The HO chords work fine for me. Of course, they worked fine pre patch and pre Beatles for me too. They just lengthened the timing window with the patch
    Sounds good to me :) Okay, so it'd make my playing oh so slightly better I think. :D