What day do you think the RBN will open.

shadowracershadowracer Rising Star
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Just wondering.

Comments

• OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited November 2009
    To be honest, I lost interest, and am officially pretty upset at Harmonix. I've been patient for awhile. I was excited to hear the beta was SUPPOSED TO BE coming out at the end of Summer. Now it's early November and we still haven't even gotten the beta yet.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3216142 said:
    To be honest, I lost interest, and am officially pretty upset at Harmonix. I've been patient for awhile. I was excited to hear the beta was SUPPOSED TO BE coming out at the end of Summer. Now it's early November and we still haven't even gotten the beta yet.
    The Beta was never supposed to be coming out at the end of summer, unless you're referring to the Closed Beta, which DID start at the end of summer.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It's not November. HMXEnosity has all but said it's not coming in November.
    HMXEnosity said:
    I've stopped giving out release updates because it keeps changing.
    That doesn't sound too hopeful for a November release. December maybe?

EDIT: wut? Open Beta isn't happening yet? Next year then, most likely.
  • RockAuthorsRockAuthors Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Yea the open beta is way too far behind schedule to stay on track for a November release. I'm thinking official release is still a ways off. But hopefully not too far, I'm really hoping for a release by the end of the year.
  • shadowracershadowracer Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Thom1234;3216330 said:
    It's not November. HMXEnosity has all but said it's not coming in November.

That doesn't sound too hopeful for a November release. December maybe?

EDIT: wut? Open Beta isn't happening yet? Next year then, most likely.
    Didn't know that. But still hoping it comes in December
  • J-Roc-DrumzJ-Roc-Drumz Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3216142 said:
    C'mon bro, seriously? You're upset because one of the most epic things that's about to happen to/in RB is taking longer than expected?

You probably were just having a bad day when you posted that. I want it bad too, but I don't want things to be crashing and all that at the same time too. Let them work the stuff out so it will be as smooth as possible when it's released.

Chances are, it'll still have some minor problems when they open it up from all the people uploading, downloading stuff.
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    im pretty sick of it all. ive been checking for updates on just the beta release DAILY for the past 3 months now. so ive pretty much lost interest in anticipating this thing. although it will be epic for the music-gaming world, the epic wait really is a turnoff
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The people in this thread make me sad. It's the same thing everywhere though. Harmonix is giving us something awesome and for some reason people think we deserve more. Harmonix has the absolute greatest community involvement of any developer there is, they pump out songs every week, they will be hitting 1000 songs by the end of the month more than likely, they have a podcast every other week and the Zine on the weeks in between, they've had some new games released recently AND people still complain. It's official, the forums have a bunch of spoiled brats. If you are honestly upset or mad at Harmonix for the RBN not coming sooner, you probably have some deeper issues you need to deal with.
  • Redsvetz22Redsvetz22 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Kariodude;3223874 said:
    The people in this thread make me sad. It's the same thing everywhere though. Harmonix is giving us something awesome and for some reason people think we deserve more. Harmonix has the absolute greatest community involvement of any developer there is, they pump out songs every week, they will be hitting 1000 songs by the end of the month more than likely, they have a podcast every other week and the Zine on the weeks in between, they've had some new games released recently AND people still complain. It's official, the forums have a bunch of spoiled brats. If you are honestly upset or mad at Harmonix for the RBN not coming sooner, you probably have some deeper issues you need to deal with.
    Why does someone always have to post these "form letter" type comments? We all now all harmonix is great, etc... The guy is just expressing a little disatisfaction
    edited November 2009
    Redsvetz22;3225193 said:
    Why does someone always have to post these "form letter" type comments? We all now all harmonix is great, etc... The guy is just expressing a little disatisfaction
    I am DEFINATELY NOT flaming harmonix in any way and dont feel entitled to have any more than they have given us, but its been really tough sitting around in anticipation waiting for the biggest thing in gaming. and every time they push back the release date it edges ever so slightly more towards the boiling point. i love harmonix, but in all respect, it has gotten a bit tedious at best
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    RHCPgroupie42;3225391 said:
    I am DEFINATELY NOT flaming harmonix in any way and dont feel entitled to have any more than they have given us, but its been really tough sitting around in anticipation waiting for the biggest thing in gaming. and every time they push back the release date it edges ever so slightly more towards the boiling point. i love harmonix, but in all respect, it has gotten a bit tedious at best
    Dude, like you said, this is the biggest thing to ever happen to a video game...EVER. As such, it's an inordinately complicated process that needs to be tested, and tested, and retested, and then tested again. I'm not surprised at all that the beta is taking as long as it has, and even longer still.

Just have a little patience. It will pay off in the end.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    the more time and effort that goes into testing = less chance for problems and disappointment post-release + more time for me to obsess over my contributions.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2009
    I will admit, the thing has come a heck of a long way since late July, and it definitely wasn't settled in just yet in October

It's looking great so far, and it looks to be there will be a good handful of songs ready at launch, with new songs being reviewed and edited almost daily. I can't wait to see the spike in additions once the beta gets public
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    RHCPgroupie42;3221441 said:
    checking for updates [...] DAILY
    Ah, you burnt yourself out. I tend to do that, too. I know it's not so hard for me, since I'm actually doing stuff for RBN, but still, just promise yourself to check only once every three days. That'll make the wait a little more bearable.
  • Samcj007Samcj007 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I think February 31st :)
    edited November 2009
    Samcj007;3228791 said:
    I think February 31st :)
    thats a gooood ways off.
    and im pretty sure february 31 is a nonexistant day
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    RHCPgroupie42;3231518 said:
    Glad to hear you got the joke.
  • RMBRMB Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'm okay with how long it's taking for the Rock Band Network Beta to be released. Like a few others before me have said, the longer it's developed upon, the less likely there will be as many bugs in the system. I think we can all agree that's a good thing. Also, here's to hoping to contribute soon to the Network
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    RHCPgroupie42;3231518 said:
    thats a gooood ways off.
    No way man didn't you here President Obama is extending Feb. to a full month?
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited November 2009
    ShoTTySLanKiN;3254605 said:
    Ahhh. Yes, he can. :D
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Thanks OP for asking. I was afraid to put forth the question. Patience is a virtue, but alas, loss of interest is my byproduct of being patient. That and buying LRB which I have a love/hate relationship with at the moment. I've stopped paying attention to RBN and I'm sure one day, will get a very cool surprise when the I see stickied in the Announcements forum: "RBN GOES LIVE!"
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2009
    November's far from over. I'm anxiously waiting for an announcement to pop up on the site here as well.
    edited November 2009
    ShoTTySLanKiN;3254605 said:
    DAMNIT! thats another 4 days until i get my liscense. damn obama
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    kiggidykev;3256195 said:
    November's far from over. I'm anxiously waiting for an announcement to pop up on the site here as well.
    It won't. RBN's still in closed Beta. I'm no expert at these kind of things, but if closed Beta's still not finished, and there's going to be an open Beta after that, it seems like that could take more than 10 days. And that's permitting that no major issues are found during the Betas
  • herojoeherojoe Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    It's a long wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Alas the big problem with announcing these kind of things means people know its there and get impatient for actually getting their own hand on it.

I can understand it taking some time to implement as its a completely new and untreaded step in the games industry... as such its no wonder weve not had an official release date announced or even an unofficial one to kind of guesswork our own dates from.
  • edited November 2009
    At least we're releasing RBN before Diablo III ;)
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    HMXEnosity;3276129 said:
    Wow, they sure take their sweet time between sequels. Completely forgot about that series.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2009
    HMXEnosity;3276129 said:

And Half life 3!

What is it with 3's?

Uh oh...now I'm scared about RB3.
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    noble;3276179 said:
    And Half life 3!

What is it with 3's?

Uh oh...now I'm scared about RB3.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

....... Hamonix, please don't disappoint us,