What the... Gold stars without overdrive?

skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I just finished the Ghostbusters theme song in LEGO during the Shock Band event, and was able to gold star the song probably 15 seconds before the end with the event giving no overdrive to use (on expert guitar). Anyone else notice super low cutoffs like this? I'm pretty sure I FC'd the first event and didn't get gold on it, but this one you could probably still do with a -1 and no overdrive.

Comments

• Baanu_RassBaanu_Rass Headliner
    edited November 2009
  • KoRnSaQKoRnSaQ Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I believe you get extra points during the Rock Challenges. Like when something flys up on the screen saying "perfect dodge of something" or something like that.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    KoRnSaQ;3215042 said:
    I believe you get extra points during the Rock Challenges. Like when something flys up on the screen saying "perfect dodge of something" or something like that.
    That could be it, I never paid attention to see if those gave points.

There's no solos or anything during those events. They remove all overdrive, solos and whatnot, and force the band to use a single band meter during it.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    You can also get gold on shortened "radio edit" set lists as well. There must be different cutoffs depending on the situation.

Edit: Just got Gold on the Foo Breakout rock challenge, kinda sloppy in spots but made it!
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    ghostofjarjar;3215051 said:
    You can also get gold on shortened "radio edit" set lists as well. There must be different cutoffs depending on the situation.
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I just went back through the first event and watched my points and the event messages don't add to your score, so maybe they're lowered cutoffs in there. Still weird to see, since stars are tracked in the quickplay mode and will show up as gold there, and could conflict with a slightly higher score that's not gold under normal circumstances if they are modified there.