L:RB Music Producer Problem (Spoilers I Guess)

KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
This is about Lego Rock Band.

OK, I currently have the helicopter and I've completed all of the setlists in both venues that are available to me but it keeps telling me that to be able to get the next vehicle I have to record my first album. To do that, I have to hire the Record Producer and play some songs on the Skyscraper. There is no Record Producer anywhere to be found in the Rock Den Office despite it only saying "if you don't have the Record Producer in your Entourage, you can hire him in the Rock Den Office." It doesn't say anything about additional requirements. Am I missing something? Am I blind?

Comments

• Luur32Luur32 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    helicopter? Music Producer? Is this Lego RB or something?
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Luur32;3215112 said:
    helicopter? Music Producer? Is this Lego RB or something?
    Oh right, forgot to mention that anywhere.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Isn't there a record producer or an album producer or something? I don't think it's Music Producer. I'm also pretty sure it's a woman (unless it is random). I bought her already but haven't finished all the gigs so I don't know when the record-making bit pops up yet.

You could always just buy everybody that's available in the entourage so far. It's not like RB2 where you're limited to one staff member. It looks as though you can have 5 fan multipliers and 5 money multipliers all hired at the same time, which should be more than enough slots for the people available at this stage in the career
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Kariodude;3215116 said:
    Oh right, forgot to mention that anywhere.
    You did in the title. :)

There might be a star requirement or something. I've seen messages for other entourage members that I haven't been able to purchase yet too.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I believe I played in the helicopter venue until something happened. You've played everything you can play?
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3215122 said:
    You did in the title. :)

There might be a star requirement or something. I've seen messages for other entourage members that I haven't been able to purchase yet too.
    Well I edited the thread title and the original post so it would be correct and mention LRB.

And I thought it was the star count too, but since that message came up I've gained about 60 stars and only have like 2 set lists in the whole game that I haven't played yet.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Kariodude;3215127 said:
    Well I edited the thread title and the original post so it would be correct and mention LRB.

And I thought it was the star count too, but since that message came up I've gained about 60 stars and only have like 2 set lists in the whole game that I haven't played yet.
    Fair enough, thought it said L:RB when I first clicked it.

No idea what you're missing, though. Have you hired any entourage members yet? I have the record producer and I haven't even played at the helicopter venue yet. If you haven't, go to the office and go left and hire them there. I think you can hire everyone at the same time, there's even a trophy/achievement for doing so.
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I'm in the same position as the thread starter; it says I need to make an album, yet can't.

So now I'm going through every single song/gig, just to be safe. Maybe there's a star/fan requirement or something.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2009
    In the office click to the left to hire staff (Make sure she's hired) then go all the way to the right by the file cabnits to make a record. You have to select a cover, a title, and a setlist. To play a record it should be be in one of the venues.. Scroll to the bottom of each one, it should be in there somewhere.
  • Killer-Kool-AidKiller-Kool-Aid Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    i havent made it that far, but one song sayed if i got les then 3 stars, then i dont get to hire someone.
    sorry but i forget who or what song, but maybe it was that and u need to play it again????
    long shot but maybe..
    edited November 2009
    I played one of the two gigs I hadn't and it unlocked her for me to hire. Funny thing is, after that, I somehow opened the flood gates and it gave me special gigs one after another all over the place. I played 4 different gigs without ever getting back to a menu I could navigate.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2009
    Kariodude;3215189 said:
    I played one of the two gigs I hadn't and it unlocked her for me to hire. Funny thing is, after that, I somehow opened the flood gates and it gave me special gigs one after another all over the place. I played 4 different gigs without ever getting back to a menu I could navigate.
    It'll do that, sometimes you have to just back out. The gigs will still be there when you go back.
  • dman7529dman7529 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3215264 said:
    It'll do that, sometimes you have to just back out. The gigs will still be there when you go back.
    Yeah, this is something I didn't notice at the beginning, but yeah, just hit your correct button to go back/cancel the gig.
  • matrix_loaded02matrix_loaded02 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I can't find the record producer either, if anyone finds the exact gig that unlocks him/her it would be great if they'd post it here.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I got it playing Accidentally In Love (which I had previously skipped) at Lego City Station. I don't know if it was the overall star count or the gig itself that did it though.
  • MooTrainMooTrain Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    matrix_loaded02;3218158 said:
    I can't find the record producer either, if anyone finds the exact gig that unlocks him/her it would be great if they'd post it here.
    I believe you get the record producer on the 2nd stage of the speedboat. (You know, that stage you skipped because you already unlocked the helicopter)
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    MooTrain;3220106 said:
    I believe you get the record producer on the 2nd stage of the speedboat. (You know, that stage you skipped because you already unlocked the helicopter)
    This sounds about right. I cannot remember if it was after the Octopus thing or one of the songs before it, but I think you get it in the 2nd stage of the speedboat.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I think the Record Producer is one of the "special" gigs. Don't recall specficis but I think it was one of the gigs that comes with the first bus.

As far as unlocking stuff goes...the format is the same as previous World Tours, it's just that locked gigs don't list their requirements this time around. So just like previous WT's there are special gigs that unlock crew/entourage members, but this time around you don't know what the requirements are until you unlock them.
  • ~~ Banned
    edited November 2009
    I also can't figure out which one the record producer is.

:P

ima play all the songs on the pirate ship to see if it's on there.
  • DeadPhoenix223DeadPhoenix223 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    all i did was play the custom setlist, and then 3 more songs and my album was made...
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    The record producer became available for me immediately after I played "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows on the Jolly Rocker. This also brought me to 200 stars, so that could also be the criteria.
  • ~~ Banned
    edited November 2009
    DeadPhoenix223;3228122 said:
    all i did was play the custom setlist, and then 3 more songs and my album was made...
    the build a setlist, or suprise setlist?
  • ~~ Banned
    edited November 2009
    hawkofva;3228142 said:
    The record producer became available for me immediately after I played "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows on the Jolly Rocker. This also brought me to 200 stars, so that could also be the criteria.
    no, because i have 200 stars and no producer. so it must be accidentally in love that cause it.
  • ~~ Banned
    edited November 2009
    yep, that's what did it.

i just played accidentally in love and got the record producer.

woot
  • BonzesBonzes Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3215156 said:
    In the office click to the left to hire staff (Make sure she's hired) then go all the way to the right by the file cabnits to make a record. You have to select a cover, a title, and a setlist. To play a record it should be be in one of the venues.. Scroll to the bottom of each one, it should be in there somewhere.

We have the same problem as the thread poster too. But I also have one more question ....How do we get to the office??:confused: When we go to the Den...we can't see anything to tell us how to get there? It keeps telling us to go to the office to hire him ( and yes we got our Minni Bus..Boat..and Helicopter) But don't how to get to the office to hire him to make our first record! Thanks for any help!
  • colerayjaycolerayjay Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I already have the record producer, the speedboat, mini bus and camper van - but even though I have all that stuff, there is a little message that says - something like - if you buy the chopper, you get more venues and gigs. How/Where do I buy that Chopper????
  • SpeedyShortSpeedyShort Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    To be able to buy the Chopper, I think you need to beat the Rocktopus Challenge and then just go the normal ways of navigating towards it.