Lego: How do you purchase the bus?

beaker3beaker3 Opening Act
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hi Gang,

I just got a call from a relative who is up at this hour playing LRB. He played through all of the songs that were available in the first two venues and on the bottom of the venue list screen it says: Purchase the mini bus to unlock more...

He said he's gone into the store but only characters are there and that on the page that says Buy the bus.... there is an option to View Bus and then Confirm but he can't find anywhere to purchase this thing.

I got the game yesterday but didn't get a chance to open it up and play. Anyone know what he has to do here? Thanks for any help.

Comments

  • ElvisChapelGuyElvisChapelGuy Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    We're having the same problem. Can't go any further than the first two venues. Very frustrating. I'm sure we're doing something wrong. It's sure not very kids friendly for us adults, I guess. ;-)
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2009
    Back out of the venue, it'll then let you buy it.

    Edit: There's a space for it in the garage of your den.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    It's simple.

    You can have it for 100 English pounds.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited November 2009
    "Every day I get in the queue
    To get on the bus that takes me to you"
  • beaker3beaker3 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3215261 said:
    Back out of the venue, it'll then let you buy it.

    Edit: There's a space for it in the garage of your den.
    Tried that. Backed out of the venues page and went back in. Same message to buy the bus but nowhere to buy. He even backed out to the start screen and went back into his career and it still just says to buy the bus.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited November 2009
    Does he have a band manager hired?

    You have to play a set at the train station to impress a band manager, and the band manger finds you "deals" on vehicles.
  • zeoavengerzeoavenger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It's quite simple really. All you need to do is strum the guitar when you are in the garage. This will take you to empty spots in the garage so you can buy the new vehicles.

    I'm not sure what commands the other instruments to move. Experiment for a few seconds.
  • beaker3beaker3 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'll pass on these suggestions when I get yet another call from him. Thankfully he's in school now and not calling me at work every 15 minutes...

    Thanks for the help.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    zeoavenger;3215310 said:
    It's quite simple really. All you need to do is strum the guitar when you are in the garage. This will take you to empty spots in the garage so you can buy the new vehicles.
    THIS.

    Though I admit this wasn't too intuitive when I unlocked the bus.

    ...I'm still trying to figure out how to record an album.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3215431 said:
    Though I admit this wasn't too intuitive when I unlocked the bus.
    Exactly. When you're staring at an empty space in your garage, it's waiting for you to purchase the new vehicle...Down in the lower right corner, in tiny lettering, there's the instruction for what to do. The first time it happened, I kept waiting for an image of the bus to load...and waiting...and waiting...:). You have to buy it sight-unseen, then it appears.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3215431 said:
    THIS.

    Though I admit this wasn't too intuitive when I unlocked the bus.

    ...I'm still trying to figure out how to record an album.
    Head to the Rock Den and then to the Office, hire all of the available staff (one should be Record Producer or something along the lines), then play every gig you can on the skyscraper until it prompts you to record your Record.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Ah. Okay. I haven't cleared enough of the Skyscraper then. I saw the message in my Manager scrolling thing but couldn't figure out what he meant. So I'm not quite there yet.

    I think I was too busy yelling "Get to da choppa" as I was unlocking it.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    If you're looking for some easy $tuds, throw Green Grass & High Tides or Won't Get Fooled Again into the Record setlist.
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Rich T.;3215454 said:
    Exactly. When you're staring at an empty space in your garage, it's waiting for you to purchase the new vehicle...Down in the lower right corner, in tiny lettering, there's the instruction for what to do. The first time it happened, I kept waiting for an image of the bus to load...and waiting...and waiting...:). You have to buy it sight-unseen, then it appears.
    It took me a few tries to figure it out as well.

    Overall, I have been having a blast with the game.:D
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    If your on the drums, press the yellow pad (left)
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    hawkofva;3215547 said:
    If you're looking for some easy $tuds, throw Green Grass & High Tides or Won't Get Fooled Again into the Record setlist.
    I love those songs, but I want to make a Record Setlist based on songs that I think represent my band (though I admit several of those didn't clear the filters) ;)

    Also...GET TO DA CHOPPA!
  • beaker3beaker3 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Is the garage out where you have a choice of watching television or going into the office? Thanks for the help guys, I haven't seen the game yet so I'm flying blind trying to help this kid.
  • nachozboynachozboy Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ok what you need to do is strum the guitar down then it will go into an empty parking spot in the bottom right it should say purchase then you will press the green button. and the bus is 50,000 studs. :)
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    cherokeesam;3215281 said:
    It's simple.

    You can have it for 100 English pounds.
    95
Sign In or Register to comment.