Exporting LRB to RB1

CheezyMeisterCheezyMeister Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Just wondering if its possible to export LEGO RB to RB1 or is it a RB2-only feature? I live in Aus so there's still no RB2 for us :(

Comments

• Sambo110Sambo110 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You can import RB2 from the UK, only about $60-$80 and works with all our DLC. And yes, the LRB export works with RB1.
  • CheezyMeisterCheezyMeister Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I figured I'd wait till RB2 is out on our shores. I have bad luck when it comes to electronic things so I figured I'd like the option of returning. I'm assuming the importing would work for both 360 version as well? And if I import to RB1 would I have to pay again to import to RB2?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I haven't heard any official confirmation, but the LEGO Song pack is marked as an RB1 download (and goes in the RB1 folder on the HDD) so I would guess it's playable in that game as well.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The card with export key in the game case says, "...Then you can play LEGO Rock Band songs in Rock Band or Rock Band 2!"

That is an official 'yes'. Enjoy!
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Why no export of RB2 songs to LRB? or is the LRB software worse off than then RB2 software?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    raahsnavj;3215829 said:
    Why no export of RB2 songs to LRB? or is the LRB software worse off than then RB2 software?
    There's no need for RB2 to export because it is currently serving as the hub for the RB platform.

If a new title comes, expect RB2 to export at that time so it's songs can be carried over to the new hub.
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3215836 said:
    There's no need for RB2 to export because it is currently serving as the hub for the RB platform.

If a new title comes, expect RB2 to export at that time so it's songs can be carried over to the new hub.
    So LRB is being treated as a sub-par game? What if I prefer the LRB software over the RB2 software? It seems odd that they wouldn't create an export for RB2, for a fee, and grab the extra cash for people wanting to make LRB the prime location for RB play.

It made sense for RB2 not to export back to RB1, RB2 contained everything from RB1 + more features... however LRB contains Super Easy mode, ability to turn off bass petal, and hopefully even more features that RB2 doesn't have... it seems like they should make BOTH the hubs and let the consumers decide...

The only reason I bring this up is I have a 4 and 6 year old that love to play, I would rather play LRB right now with them for the extra features.

I would be willing to pay the $10 fee for pushing RB2 to LRB instead of the other way around.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    I imagine that they're going to hold off on exporting Rock Band 2 until there's a game that you can export all of the available songs too. Enough stuff would get left out of Lego that it wouldn't make sense to enable a full priced export now if players wouldn't get to play all of those songs.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Rock Band 2 songs are playable in Lego if and when they eventually do export.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    raahsnavj;3215946 said:
    So LRB is being treated as a sub-par game? What if I prefer the LRB software over the RB2 software? It seems odd that they wouldn't create an export for RB2, for a fee, and grab the extra cash for people wanting to make LRB the prime location for RB play.

It made sense for RB2 not to export back to RB1, RB2 contained everything from RB1 + more features... however LRB contains Super Easy mode, ability to turn off bass petal, and hopefully even more features that RB2 doesn't have... it seems like they should make BOTH the hubs and let the consumers decide...

The only reason I bring this up is I have a 4 and 6 year old that love to play, I would rather play LRB right now with them for the extra features.

I would be willing to pay the $10 fee for pushing RB2 to LRB instead of the other way around.
    Its not a sub-par game. Its just not the central platform.

And besides..........you wouldnt get all of the songs. Then people would complain that you can only get X amount of songs for this price. And those complaints would mushroom when RB3 comes out. And it might create the need to have two seperate export keys.

In otherwords: its a headache waiting to happen.