Lego: Where/when we unlock minifig parts

HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
edited April 2013 in LEGO: Rock Band
Heyo. I feel a bit silly making a thread for a simple question, buuut...

I was playing LRB for three hours last night and got all the way to the skyscraper, and I STILL haven't unlocked any female minifigs. So far the only obviously female faces available are pink fleshtone, and all the good clothes in the game are yellow fleshtone. I've had to make do using Bob on my guitarist and drummer, which just feels weird. When the heck do we get a yellow female minifig?

Otherwise I'm loving the game, and the crazed character design obsessive in me loves being able to redesign every character in the band, in the crew, in your talent pool, etc, etc...

Comments

• hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    Noticed that too. I've just been using Sir Thomas though. I think there was a female character in the Pirate set, but I don't know if the eyepatch is part of the head or hair.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Here's what I did.

1) Rename my female band member to something junk ("A")
    2) Create a new band member with the original name ("Rosalyn")
    3) Select the "Queen" head (the only female yellow head at the momeny)
    4) Go to the Rock Shop and put the clothes back on her.
    5) Viola, you now have a yellow-head female.

Also, you unlock more minifig parts by buying the full minifigs that you unlock. For example, one of the pirate ship levels unlockes "Ms. Patches" or something like that. If you buy her it adds some more clothes (and her head) to the available parts.

Also, the cool thing about LEGO is that they are fairly unisex. Even if you take one of the "male" heads (Moosejaw or the Record Producer) and give it female hair and female clothing, it looks just as good as a female head. Just avoid the obvious ones (with stubble) and you should be good.

And I agree with you, I am having a BLAST with the character creater right now. I was able to recreate Tiger Uppercut farly truthfully (based more on their original look).

Next up will be trying to get the rest of the crew inline with them. But I'm going to focus on unlocking them first.
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I was able to make my entire band from RB2 in LRB... even had most of the clothing parts I used in the original. For some reason the game hates the words "Content" and "Granola" so I had to do some renaming, though. I suspect an overly picky word whitelist rather than a blacklist.

Where did you unlock the Queen? That'd work fine for me. I know the minifigs are unisex but unless you have little drawn-in boobies or a VERY obviously female hairstyle, it looks strange...
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3215479 said:
    I was able to make my entire band from RB2 in LRB... even had most of the clothing parts I used in the original. For some reason the game hates the words "Content" and "Granola" so I had to do some renaming, though. I suspect an overly picky word whitelist rather than a blacklist.

Where did you unlock the Queen? That'd work fine for me. I know the minifigs are unisex but unless you have little drawn-in boobies or a VERY obviously female hairstyle, it looks strange...
    It's a head that's available when creating a new character, but it seems to disappear after that.
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3215479 said:
    Where did you unlock the Queen?
    I don't know where "Queen" unlocks once you start the tour, but if you go back to where you made your first bandmate, you can just make a new one and "Queen" is included in the set of available heads.
    Kidmitt;3215491 said:
    It's a head that's available when creating a new character, but it seems to disappear after that.
    I get the feeling that "Queen" unlocks whenever you get to the fairytale castle level and play a few sets there. Along with the rest of the parts needed to make royalty.

But one other thing, have you played EVERY set in EVERY location? I am still unlocking things from sets that I moved on from once I unlocked the next vehicle.
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3215494 said:
    If you don't want to go through the steps I provided above (it is a bit excessive), I would assume "Queen" unlocks whenever you get to the fairytale castle level and play a few sets there.
    Ah, that explains it it. I haven't gotten to the castle yet; I'm on the skyscraper. Jeez, they really stuffed the Only Female Minifig waaay in the back, didn't they? (Well, only one without an eyepatch)
    But one other thing, have you played EVERY set in EVERY location? I am still unlocking things from sets that I moved on from once I unlocked the next vehicle.
    I've been taking venues likely to have girls and playing the hell out of them. The mansion might have a witch, I was figuring, and the skyscraper's in an urban locale so it may have more generic people. The mining site a bit less likely. Etc.
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3215503 said:
    The mining site a bit less likely. Etc.
    Haha. I'm going to guess that's where all the female figs are then, just to teach us a lesson about gender equity. ;)
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    You're not really ever to match the head color and hands seperately, are you? Like in Lego Star Wars or Indiana Jones you could actually change your hand color... instead of sticking with the default being different than your face. I'm not a huge fan of the 'Lego Orange' skin tone.

I sadly enough was only able to re-create one of my bandmembers, and partial on another. No problems making new ones at least... was just keeping my fingers crossed to make my fav. band.
  • FatPants77FatPants77 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3215503 said:
    The mansion might have a witch, I was figuring...
    Yep, it sure does. I made the witch my bassist once I unlocked her. I unfortunately don't remember exactly what gig do the unlock, but she is in there.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I'm a bit bummed here, the character customization so far feels weaker than either Lego Star Wars or Rock Band 2, thanks to the inability to match hand/skin color. And it's a bit dopey that most of the heads you have to choose from when you're creating your first character are fleshy, but then nearly all of the characters you unlock as you play through gigs are yellow.
  • TrelwenyTrelweny Unsigned
    edited January 2013
    When I started playing (finally caved and picked it up used to play with my 8 year-old, LEGO fanatic son) the first female minifig we each earned for our separate bands was the Witch at Brickton Manor. I'm guessing we simply played a lot more venues there before moving on? There does seem to be a shortage of females to male minifigs... but on balance to the amount in LEGO sets I suppose. Perhaps there is one female minifig character per Vehicle? No... that can't be right as I know both Damsel and Queen unlocked at Brickington Castle. Just trying to figure out SOME kind of pattern to unlock missing minifigs. Ever since getting the Schoolboy minifig (which I've forgotten where I earned it) I've been hoping to unlock a Schoolgirl too. If there IS a Schoolgirl. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I can't figure out the unlocking pattern. Using den items for an example, my son unlocked a skateboard for the small wall slot that I haven't yet although he was only on the Tour Bus and I was to the Jet Plane with a lot more gigs played at each venue. He tends to sing on Super Easy (not knowing most of the songs) with me sometimes playing guitar on Easy (I'm guitarded... and I get distracted wanting to watch the band) whereas for my band I sing Easy to Hard and/or play guitar on Easy. Perhaps that is a variable? I was hoping for some clues... but the loading hints never seem to tell me anything helpful to what I want to know.

I have managed to unlock more female REAL minifigs than males somehow -those based off real people from real bands and always cost 500,000 studs. At least... that's how it seems. Perhaps that's just my current luck though. Of course getting those and having the original band members' bases I too wish there was a way to change skintone of the hands at least on the yellow-skinned bodies. For the most part I pick a body, then choose my favorite head that matches the skintone. I'm particular that way.
  • JarharaJarhara Unsigned
    edited April 2013
    Well, Hallo..
    i have the DS version of Lego Rock Band and i realy need to know how to unlock the Mummy Head if there is one..... i tried evereything i could think of to get the parts for a Mummy but im still missing a head and i just can't find out how to unlock it....
    would be realy great, if anyone of you knows what to do......