Lego Rock Band Export Question.....

war1688war1688 Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm thinking of picking up the game today.....

Is the export system like Rock Band 1, or like the ACDC live track pack where you get the code?

Comments

• JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    war1688;3215977 said:
    I'm thinking of picking up the game today.....

Is the export system like Rock Band 1, or like the ACDC live track pack where you get the code?
    The game disc comes with a flyer inside that contains the code. It also has the website you go to where you have to enter that code and it will then send to you, via an e-mail, a code to enter in your console's marketplace. Then, you will be able to download the license key needed to export. At that point, you go into the Music Store within the Lego Rock Band game and follow the instructions to export the tracks.

I believe that the export flyer that comes with the game explains it all.

If you are on the Wii, forget about it. Wii does not support the exporting of songs for this game.

If you are on the PS3, don't bother with it yet. Apparently the export won't be available until the 12th.

If you are on the 360, everything is working perfectly.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Jdurgit;3215996 said:
    The game disc comes with a flyer inside that contains the code. It also has the website you go to where you have to enter that code and it will then send to you, via an e-mail, a code to enter in your console's marketplace. Then, you will be able to download the license key needed to export. At that point, you go into the Music Store within the Lego Rock Band game and follow the instructions to export the tracks.

I believe that the export flyer that comes with the game explains it all.

If you are on the Wii, forget about it. Wii does not support the exporting of songs for this game.

If you are on the PS3, don't bother with it yet. Apparently the export won't be available until the 12th.

If you are on the 360, everything is working perfectly.
    Don't forget you have to pay $10 extra to export (though the game itself is only $50, no the usual $60, so it cancels out).

Basically, it's the worst of both worlds: you have to pay (like in RB1) and you can only export once per disc (like the track packs). Not that it's unjustified (it certainly is; LRB isn't an old game unlike RB1 when we got to export that), but it's disappointing.
  • Drama 313Drama 313 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    You have to pay which doesn't bother me.My only gripe is you are stuck with the songs you don't want, you cant pick and choose which tracks to download and the whole export file is 1.2 gigs, so you are basically forced into downloading all the songs and are stuck with fillers or junk songs you don't want.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    While the 1.2 gig transfer size is huge...think of it this way.

You spent $50 (plus an additional $10) to bring these songs into RB2. If you are looking at it as a track pack, then why would you spend that kind of money on a Track Pack if there aren't enough songs you want?

Also, by doing this as a download vs. a ripped disc...you are guarnateed that if your HDD goes bad (or the data gets deleted) you simply go to your purchase history and redownload the pack.

This is comparred to RB1, which you would have to go find a disc and perform a new export.