Are you going to trade/sell in LEGO Rock Band after you are done with it?

FennzFennz Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I probably will.

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Fennz;3216795 said:
    Its fun, but its pointless after you gotten the achievements and played through it, and exported it.
    So is this thread asking for our opinions, or for just getting a bunch of people to agree with you?

I wasn't sure how long I'd keep this...but after toying around with the customization I get the feeling I'm going to have this for a while. And since it supports DLC, I'll have new music every once in a while to come back and screw around with.
    Rich T.;3216828 said:
    Plus, I've grown rather attatched to my little Lego band! :)
    Me too. I really look forward to getting down and dirty with the customization once I get more options available.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I love Lego, I love Rock Band, and this game had me rolling during the Haunted Mansion sequence. (I forget the name of the venue, but it was a hilarious little bit of nostalgia there!)

My group will probably play a lot of songs through Lego instead of RB2 for a long while. This game is fun as heck. I see nothing pointless in rocking out as a Pirate with roadies. :D
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    "Being done with it" means once you don't use it anymore. Why would anyone hold on to something they don't use?
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I tend to keep my games, so this one will probably remain with the rest of my Lego Goodness :)

And no, it's not pointless once you've achieved the trophies and such. The same can be said for RB1, 2, Guitar Heros and such... I've done what I can with them and continue to play them.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited November 2009
    elfreako;3217020 said:
    "Being done with it" means once you don't use it anymore. Why would anyone hold on to something they don't use?
    You haven't seen my storage unit.... :p it is just that.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    elfreako;3217020 said:
    I almost ever game I have ever owned. From atari, to NES, to genisis, to SNES..............
    edited November 2009
    elfreako;3217020 said:
    If that's the case, then this poll is pointless. I don't plan on "being done with" LEGO anytime soon.
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    When I mean "being done" I mean, playing through it enough to where you got the trill of it and gotten all the achievements that you can get.
  • DANfanDANfan Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I had plans of taking this game back shortly after buying it since I transferred the game files, but you kind of get used to your Lego band after a while. Sure you need to keep Rock Band 1/Rock Band 2 if you want to play more raunchier songs along with the songs from this game if you did the export, but it's fun little perk to be able to switch around to a LEGO band if you so wish.
    edited November 2009
    Fennz;3217122 said:
    When I mean "being done" I mean, playing through it enough to where you got the trill of it and gotten all the achievements that you can get.
    If that's what you consider "done", then no I won't be selling this when I'm done.

Just like I didn't sell RB2 a year ago when I got the last achievements I could.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    I changed my mind, keeping it now, too cute.
  • shadowracershadowracer Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I don't have it yet but, I wouldn't sell it. I would more likely just export the song into RB2 after finishing it.
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    No.
    It's really fun.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I will never trade in my Lego game. I love it too much
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'll keep it (since I never sell my games), but I probably won't touch it ever again once I'm able to export.

I normally enjoy the Lego games. This one I'm already getting bored of.

I just want to export and be done with it already.
  • StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I will when RB3 comes out.
  • KongWenKongWen Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    No, but I'm going to return it to the rental store after the 12th.

I really like the game though. When it eventually gets cheap, I'll probably buy a used copy and try to get the rest of the trophies I haven't been able to get yet.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    No, the tour mode is great. I like the stars and score display on the song selection screen. I'll be busy for a while beating all the gigs, I've put in a good 12+ hours since yesterday and I still haven't played a couple songs on guitar or any of them on drums or vox. The achievements are good and make me want to keep playing, still pretty far from the 1000 stars and complete all gigs achievements. Highly doubt I'll get The Final Countdown achievement, that solo was brutal, I need to practice.

Basically the only thing stopping me from staying on Lego is the different hopo chords and the fact that not all of my dlc works.
  • Pearl WhitePearl White Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I keep all my game discs, as never know when may need them.
  • BassGrooveBlueBassGrooveBlue Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I am today after I get the last achievement I'm missing, already exported the songs, no reason for it to just collect dust
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Nope, this game rocks to hard, but I don't sell any of my games anyway.
  • montyburnzmontyburnz Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I like the game but it's hard for me to read the note highways on drums. Just waiting til next week when I can import it to RB2.
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm kind of iffy on trading it in. Gamestop will give me 17, gamecrazy will give me 20, and gamequest will give me 25. I was expecting 30. oh well, ill go to gamequest and get the gta episode pack.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    No, I'm a classic game hoarder. I may never even look at it again, but I'll probably never sell it.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Nope, I've already done the export but I'm still going through the whole disk. It's pretty novel to play it and it's a bit of a different experience, so I think it's worth keeping.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I doubt it. I have to plan to never play a game again to get rid of it. I'm not that strapped for cash.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    With this game, even after I export, hit 1000/1000 Gamerscore, and unlock everything in it, and hit the top number of stars, money, and fans... I will continue to occasionally play it to rock some DLC in a different game experience.

AKA, no.
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    If all my DLC worked and I could play online, I'd probably never play Rock Band 2 again. LRB has star tracking, stud recovery, and is just overall fun. I won't be trading this in.

Just an aside: stud recovery is an AWESOME feature. It has seriously helped me as a drummer, since I'm only mediocre.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Fennz;3216795 said:
    Its fun, but its pointless after you gotten the achievements and played through it, and exported it.
    The same can be said about any other game you buy and get all the achievements on, so why do we keep any of those other games we've conquered?
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Bullseye;3223148 said:
    No, I'm a classic game hoarder. I may never even look at it again, but I'll probably never sell it.
    Glad to meet a fellow hoarder! I've got damn near every game system going back to the Atari 2600 and most of the boxes for the systems, plus all my games have all of the boxes, instructions, and other junk that came inside them...like the warranty cards and posters and subscription thingies...I've still got a few copies of E.T. in storage.

One of these days I'm gonna get every single one of those warranty cards, fill them out, and send them all in...:D