Tried to Play "Charlene" in L:RG, Got Error Message In Spanish.

semanticanticssemanticantics Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Anyone else?

In a "Build a Setlist", I wanted to play "Charlene" because it's short and sweet, and I got an error message that I could half-read that was in all Spanish. It kicked me out to the title screen. I'll get a pic tonight if it's still happening.

Comments

• playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    works fine here
  • XinZXinZ Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Got the same thing. Gave it a second shot and all was fine.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Charlene worked great for me.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Relauby;3217329 said:
    Charlene was work'n it? :eek:
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I've been using it to shorten setlists since I got the game. I've never got an error.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Relauby;3217329 said:
    Ehfahq;3217333 said:
    Charlene was work'n it? :eek:
    Better hope Stephen Colbert doesn't find out about this.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Oddbrother;3217354 said:
    You better hope Stephen Colbert doesn't find out about this.
    He was right behind her!!! :eek:
  • Red5Red5 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    yea i had the same thing with charlene, but it was when i wasn't plugged in to xbox live, when i am it works fine, mine was in spanish too though, strange.
  • RHCPgroupie42RHCPgroupie42 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    after the first time it works fine
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    It didn't happen to me.
    If I ever get it, I might translate it.
  • gripshodgripshod Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    My son (non-live user) is having the same problem he chosens a downloaded song in LRB. When I play (on live) I don't have this problem. We are both playing on the same XBOX with DLC that has never given him problems on RB1 or RB2.

This is error is frustrating him to the point he doesn't want to play. Is there a solution to this problem. I have read on other forums that deleting the DLC data file and reloading may correct the problem. Does this cause a loss in game progress?

Thanks for any help.
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    How odd... I actually used Charlene for my 4 person band trophy on super easy.
    RHCPgroupie42;3217954 said:
    after the first time it works fine
    That's what she said :)
  • Dani-RockhammerDani-Rockhammer Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I've been having a similar problem. When my xbox wasnt hooked up to the net, I couldn't do any of my actual DLC (as opposed to RB 1 songs) through the create setlist thing.

Oddly enough, the DLC was still popping up sometimes in the random setlists, which mean they still work somewhat, but whenever I picked those songs (like Take Me Out or CrushCrushCrush) it gave me the spanish error message and kicked me out.

Oh well, I'll be trading mine in sometime later this week, once I beat the main game. So won't matter after that. It's exporting right now.... Just need to find the dang Record Producer guy.
  • A-NecromorphA-Necromorph Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Happened to me with "This Calling". I wasn't plugged into Live at the time though, that's probably my problem
  • MOLDISTURBEDMOLDISTURBED Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    This is also happening to me with quite a few of my DLC I am not hooked up to XBOX Live right now and am about to try that and see if it helps or if we have a major problem...
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Have you changed Xboxes since then and not gone through the full license renewal process? If so, you'd need to be connected to Live to play them in any game, and since you can't play online multiplayer in L:RB, I can see why you might not have it connected to Live as opposed to when you play RB2. I tested both Charlene and This Calling on my system without being connected to Live, and they worked just fine.

Edit: Doesn't explain why it's working after the first failed time for some people, though... or why it's in Spanish. So this might not be a helpful post after all...
    edited November 2009
    Ok So it worked with it being hooked up to XBOX Live... And I wasnt paying much attention but I got more songs with it on XBOX Live.. Except i noticed I have tracks from RB 1 ok great but no RB 2 does anyone know if RB 2 also transfers to LRB or is it just RB1???? Well then I look a little more into the tracklists and Suffragette City/ David Bowie is added but I can't play it in tour just quick play so does this mean I have to get to Bowie in the story before it unlocks??? So with all this being said I have one thing to say (PATCH IT).....
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    RB2 doesn't yet have an export option, so no, no RB2 songs transfer over into any other games yet.
    edited November 2009
    Nulien;3224326 said:
    Have you changed Xboxes since then and not gone through the full license renewal process? If so, you'd need to be connected to Live to play them in any game, and since you can't play online multiplayer in L:RB, I can see why you might not have it connected to Live as opposed to when you play RB2. I tested both Charlene and This Calling on my system without being connected to Live, and they worked just fine.

Edit: Doesn't explain why it's working after the first failed time for some people, though... or why it's in Spanish. So this might not be a helpful post after all...
    Yeah the spanish thing is still beyond me... And I have had two XBOX's but everything should be good with the license renewal but maybe not cause the it seems the tracks downloaded with my second XBOX seems to work fine but I can't say for sure cause how to keep a time line of what XBOX you downloaded what songs to but it seems that maybe the case...I will try that and see as well.................
    edited November 2009
    Nulien;3224386 said:
    RB2 doesn't yet have an export option, so no, no RB2 songs transfer over into any other games yet.
    K I didnt know so thanks for clearing that up..........
  • bellicosbenzenebellicosbenzene Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Was the error message delivered by Estaban Colberto?
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    Is this only happening on XBOX? I haven't seen any PS3ers reporting this problem.