Error Code 800700e8

RaienSwiftwoodRaienSwiftwood Unsigned
edited June 2012 in LEGO: Rock Band
I keep getting this code after trying to download my Lego Rock Band Tracks.

I just added 1600 points to my account, then I put in the code for the key, then loaded up LRB to download the songs, and I keep getting that error code. Am I doing something wrong?

I've deleted the key and re-downloaded it through Account Management twice now.

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    Just so everyone is aware, that is not a Lego Rock Band-specific error code, it is a generic Microsoft error code. If you look around on the Web a bit, you'll see forum posts for all SORTS of different games where people have encountered Status Code 800700e8.

So yeah, Xbox Support is the correct avenue of approach for fixing that one.
  • RaienSwiftwoodRaienSwiftwood Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Spectrix;3217406 said:
    I had the same thing.

I went to xbox.com/lego-export (I think) whatever the website is inside your disc on that little piece of paper. Enter in the lego code there, then it will give you an XBL code. Enter that in your "manage account" tab on your dashboard, then play lego rb and go to music store -> export. It should work.

Good luck!

Already did that. That's where I get the error code.

I understand it's a universal error code too. What is funny, is they didn't even know what the error code is. The woman on the phone was like "What's this error code?" And no one near her knew.
    edited November 2009
    So just for status updates. I spend 1 and a half hours on the phone, to get no where. They now want me to fax them my reciept, gamertag, proof of purchase yadda yadda. I went out and bought a second copy of the game. Put that code in, and got the 25 digit code. Put that code in, tried to export. No dice. Same 800700e8 Error. All I want is some Final Countdown on RB2.. :(
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    wait. so if you didn't buy it, you can't export the songs?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    BigMonkE;3218108 said:
    That's correct. The code you use to download the license key comes on an insert inside the game case.
    edited November 2009
    BigMonkE;3218108 said:
    Yep. And you shouldn't be mad either. Besides, LRB is a solid 50 dollar purchase. The game is incredible amounts of fun.

I Just want the songs in RB2 so I don't have to disc swap this weekend at my LAN.
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    RaienSwiftwood;3218182 said:
    Yep. And you shouldn't be mad either. Besides, LRB is a solid 50 dollar purchase. The game is incredible amounts of fun.

I Just want the songs in RB2 so I don't have to disc swap this weekend at my LAN.
    im not mad. just... disappointed. oh well. atleast i still have it until monday!
  • obsoleteshockobsoleteshock Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Same problem here. Right now the guy at customer support is trying to tell me that I have to already have the songs on my hard drive in order to export them. That's kind of like saying that in order to tie your shoes they already have to be tied.
    edited November 2009
    obsoleteshock;3218248 said:
    Same problem here. Right now the guy at customer support is trying to tell me that I have to already have the songs on my hard drive in order to export them. That's kind of like saying that in order to tie your shoes they already have to be tied.
    Well, I didn't hear that from them. But still. I bought 2 copies, and both don't download. I'm a little frustrated now.. But i'm about to finish the setlist and start the 2 marathons.
    edited November 2009
    I was disconnected after an hour on hold. I am getting REALLY tired of trying to explain this complicated process to people who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
    edited November 2009
    obsoleteshock;3218318 said:
    I was disconnected after an hour on hold. I am getting REALLY tired of trying to explain this complicated process to people who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
    I'm hoping Harmonix or someone might be able to give us some kind of help here. This is beyond ridiculous now. Hopefully the PS3 users don't have this issue next week.
  • Al_DagsAl_Dags Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Spectrix;3217406 said:
    I had the same thing.

I went to xbox.com/lego-export (I think) whatever the website is inside your disc on that little piece of paper. Enter in the lego code there, then it will give you an XBL code. Enter that in your "manage account" tab on your dashboard, then play lego rb and go to music store -> export. It should work.

Good luck!
    Guys I had the same issue the first time but Spectrix suggestion above works. I will just clarify.

Steps to follow for Xbox Lego RB export
    1. Go and get XBL code from the rockband.com/lego-export site using the provided web code from the game insert cart
    2. While logged into live on the 360 navigate to the Marketplace blade by pressing the XB button on the controller from the 360 dashboard and going to the far left blade.
    3. Select redeem code and enter the provide XBL code you got from rockband.com/lego-export site.
    4. Here you will be prompted to accept the “free” download (this will only take 5sec) for the lego-export tool
    5. Once downloaded start up the LRB game and navigate to the music store where you are going to select export
    6. Here you should now be prompted to purchase the 1.2gig (I think) download for 800 MSP (in Canada anyway)
    7. It will tell you download is pending so simply exit the game and wait for the download to finish. You can see the progress in the active download on the Marketplace blade described in step 2 above

I have successfully done this on 2 systems today and it sure beats trying to get help from MS support

Hope this helps
    Dags
    edited November 2009
    Al_Dags;3218445 said:
    Guys I had the same issue the first time but Spectrix suggestion above works. I will just clarify.

Steps to follow for Xbox Lego RB export
    1. Go and get XBL code from the rockband.com/lego-export site using the provided web code from the game insert cart
    2. While logged into live on the 360 navigate to the Marketplace blade by pressing the XB button on the controller from the 360 dashboard and going to the far left blade.
    3. Select redeem code and enter the provide XBL code you got from rockband.com/lego-export site.
    4. Here you will be prompted to accept the “free” download (this will only take 5sec) for the lego-export tool
    5. Once downloaded start up the LRB game and navigate to the music store where you are going to select export
    6. Here you should now be prompted to purchase the 1.2gig (I think) download for 800 MSP (in Canada anyway)
    7. It will tell you download is pending so simply exit the game and wait for the download to finish. You can see the progress in the active download on the Marketplace blade described in step 2 above

I have successfully done this on 2 systems today and it sure beats trying to get help from MS support

Hope this helps
    Dags
    I tried that. It sadly didn't work. Still have 800700e8.. :(
    edited November 2009
    RaienSwiftwood;3218544 said:
    Same here. Microsoft support's best solution right now is "wait 24 hours."
    edited November 2009
    obsoleteshock;3218707 said:
    Same here. Microsoft support's best solution right now is "wait 24 hours."
    Not much else to do. Oh well.
  • Al_DagsAl_Dags Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Wow! Sorry guys for any false hope.
  • BertoneBertone Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I've been having this problem for the last day too. *sobs*
    edited November 2009
    Well, here's hoping tomorrow we can wake up and have LRB in RB1/2.

And here's hoping Harmonix might say something to us <3
    edited November 2009
    So it's 8:18am EST and still no dice. Guh!!!
  • malignusmalignus Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    mine worked fine.....but i used "redeem code" on the xbox dashboard not thru lego rb's music store
    edited November 2009
    malignus;3219234 said:
    mine worked fine.....but i used "redeem code" on the xbox dashboard not thru lego rb's music store
    That's what I did as well. I can't even get the download to show up as a 1.2 gig file, or even get the option to redeem code. It just shows up as a blank blade with (No refunds) then it gives me the error. I'm not going to go buy a third copy; no point... Guh.. Just want it to work ;__;
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    RaienSwiftwood;3218544 said:
    I was having that code also. But, by following those steps exactly I had no problems...
    edited November 2009
    Sayburr;3219261 said:
    I was having that code also. But, by following those steps exactly I had no problems...
    I entered both codes in that fashion. And both times i've had this issue. I'd go buy a third copy now (hell, i'm that desperate) but my wallet and I aren't agreeing. And I can't go back through the process with my old codes, so i'm at a loss here. Am I just screwed?
  • castle_greyskullcastle_greyskull Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    you are screwed! I am in the exact same position as you. I have gone through 5 faulty xbox's so I figure it has something to due with the original rockband save file that I have that is causing the conflict. Unfortunately I can't put in my original rockband disc in to update it with live because all my faulty xbox's cracked both of the ones I had.
    edited November 2009
    castle_greyskull;3219328 said:
    you are screwed! I am in the exact same position as you. I have gone through 5 faulty xbox's so I figure it has something to due with the original rockband save file that I have that is causing the conflict. Unfortunately I can't put in my original rockband disc in to update it with live because all my faulty xbox's cracked both of the ones I had.
    The original save file? If that's the case, i'll delete everything on my box and restart. I can redownload my music. But that doesn't sound right.
  • Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I was getting this error as well when I first tried it out. Keep in mind, I went directly to the music store export section before redeeming my code to get my download code. After taking a better look at the instructions, I went on my pc, and recieved my token code. Went back onto Xbox, hit the redeem code section and got the export key. From there, I went back to the game menu export section and all worked perfectly.

Now, I don't know if it was just coincidence that the error didn't come up once I followed the proper steps or not but from what I'm seeing above, most people are doing all the steps correctly and still getting it.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the disc itself. Could be a corrupt file of dlc on the hard drive I suppose, but the error just corrected itself for me. Maybe clearing the cache on the hard drive may help??

Just thought I would throw my version of what happened to see if it helps answer anyones problems, questions or concearns. Aside from that, you just wasted your time reading this. :)
    edited November 2009
    Ranger D;3219426 said:
    I was getting this error as well when I first tried it out. Keep in mind, I went directly to the music store export section before redeeming my code to get my download code. After taking a better look at the instructions, I went on my pc, and recieved my token code. Went back onto Xbox, hit the redeem code section and got the export key. From there, I went back to the game menu export section and all worked perfectly.

Now, I don't know if it was just coincidence that the error didn't come up once I followed the proper steps or not but from what I'm seeing above, most people are doing all the steps correctly and still getting it.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the disc itself. Could be a corrupt file of dlc on the hard drive I suppose, but the error just corrected itself for me. Maybe clearing the cache on the hard drive may help??

Just thought I would throw my version of what happened to see if it helps answer anyones problems, questions or concearns. Aside from that, you just wasted your time reading this. :)
    That's what everyone else is saying. I'm glad to see people are getting it to work. I'm just really bummed i've bought 2, and same error twice. I'm sure it'll work itself out, without me having to buy a third copy; and get the same error (I'm sure it'll happen -_- )
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    I don't think the problem is with the disc, so buying new ones is a waste of money.

If you've successfully obtained and downloaded the Export Key file via the Flyer/Insert/Redeem-Code-flyer-thingamabob, and you're still getting the error when you try to download the Lego Export Pack, it sounds like the issue is either with your console or your network connection.
  • MfatmanMfatman Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Hi,

Like all of you I have been trying with no success to export the songs from Lego RB and getting that Error Code 800.. (even after downloading the Lego Rock Band Export Pack (that has the license key), well I finally got it to work.

I tried the steps people have put down and nothing seemed to work, called Xbox support and after being on the phone with them for more than an hour zip. Well here is what worked for me. YMMV

(Note: I have changed my Xbox more than once and still have same HD, this may have been what was causing the issue for me)

Also please be aware that this may not be the solution for everyone, but after many different tries this is what finally worked for me.

1. Get the code for Lego Rock Band and enter it in Redeem code and download license key (Lego Rock Band Export Pack) 108k
    2. Go to Memory/HD/Games/Rock Band/ Rock Band Export License (Original Rock Band, NOT EVERYONE WILL HAVE IT, BUT THIS SEEMED TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE FOR ME) Delete it.
    3. Go to Memory/HD/Games/Rock Band/Lego Rock Band Export Pack and delete it.
    4. Go to Memory/HD/System Files/Delete Xbox Marketplace Data and Rights DB.
    5. Go back to Memory and right before you enter the Hard Drive hit Y and select Delete System Cache.
    6. Back out and Power off your Xbox 360 and wait about 30 seconds to turn it back on.
    7. Power Xbox 360 back on and make sure you are logged onto Xbox Live.
    8. On the Tab where it shows your Avatar go to My Account/Purchase History.
    9. Scroll Down until you find Rock Band Export License and redownload it.
    10. NOW Launch Lego Rock Band Game (Free Play and make sure that I could see and play Rock Band 1 songs which might have reauthorized the console, I could)
    11. Go out to the Dashboard and Redownload the Lego Rock Band Export Pack from Purchase History
    12. Launch Lego Rock Band, got to the Store and go down to Export and you should now be able to Purchase the pack. (Make sure you have the 800 Points of course)

Seems Long and convoluted but I wasn't able to do anything since Tuesday and after many tries this is what worked for me, hope it helps you too.

Good Luck
    edited November 2009
    Mfatman;3219549 said:
    Hi,

Like all of you I have been trying with no success to export the songs from Lego RB and getting that Error Code 800.., well I finally got it to work.

I tried the steps people have put down and nothing seemed to work, called Xbox support and after being on the phone with them for more than an hour zip. Well here is what worked for me.

(Note: I have changed my Xbox more than once and still have same HD, this may have been what was causing the issue)

1. Get the code for Lego Rock Band and enter it in Redeem code and download license key (Lego Rock Band Export Pack) 108k
    2. Go to Memory/HD/Games/Rock Band/ Rock Band Export License (Original Rock Band, NOT EVERYONE WILL HAVE IT, BUT THIS SEEMED TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE FOR ME) Delete it.
    3. Go to Memory/HD/Games/Rock Band/Lego Rock Band Export Pack and delete it.
    4. Go to Memory/HD/System Files/Delete Xbox Marketplace Data and Rights DB.
    5. Go back to Memory and right before you enter the Hard Drive hit Y and select Delete System Cache.
    6. Back out and Power off your Xbox 360 and wait about 30 seconds to turn it back on.
    7. Power Xbox 360 back on and make sure you are logged onto Xbox Live.
    8. On the Tab where it shows your Avatar go to My Account/Purchase History.
    9. Scroll Down until you find Rock Band Export License and redownload it.
    10. Do the same for Lego Rock Band Export Pack.
    11. NOW Launch Lego Rock Band Game and go to the Store and go down to Export and you should now be able to Purchase the pack. (Make sure you have the 800 Points of course)

Well that is what worked for me, hope it helps you too.

Good Luck
    Same Error. >_<. Guh... I've never been so frustrated in my life. Makes me wish I had a ps3 and just had to wait another week + 9 hours for the download.