Why are some of my songs greyed out in the menu?

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I see some of my songs as I scroll thru the list of songs, but some are greyed out and I can't select it? What gives? Also, why does it show some songs as not purchased yet?, even though I already bought them?

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Okay, I can't make hide nor hair of this issue.

1) Which "menu"? Your first issue sounds like the in-game song list. Your second sounds like a store issue.

2) The reason some of your songs likely aren't showing up as purchased is because they were bought as Song Packs. I noticed this in mine as well.

My guess is that HMX is currently working out a solution as to how to offer song packs if not everyting is "LEGO friendly". In the meantime, LEGO doesn't have access to those song packs, so it doesn't have those singles to compare to the listing in the store.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Ok that takes care of the second question I had, now back to the first one, greyed out as like when your online playing with friends, and you can see your dlc, but it is greyed out and can't be chosen becuase not all people have it, understand?

I own damn near all the dlc, yet the songs that are showing up in the choose songs menu, some are greyed out. Just don't know why?
  • PhisioniPhisioni Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Are they Queen and Bowie ones? I think it's cuz you have to unlock the associated characters in the game, which probably happens later on. OR, I may be entirely wrong, and it's just teasing my roomie with her Queen pack.
  • bleigh007bleigh007 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    When scrolling through the song selection list, whether in Tour mode or Free Play, there are a bunch of songs that are actually grayed out. They appear in the list, but you can't highlight them. Think of playing as a band and being unable to play YYX or Master/Slave or any instrumental song with no vocals. So far I've seen songs from the Queen pack and Suffragate City that are grayed out.
  • HockeyabeHockeyabe Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Hey M2YA +++++++++SPOILER ALERT+++++++++++++++++

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS!!!!!

The songs by bands that have playable lego Avatars are locked until you open them in campaign.

Have fun!!
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Hockeyabe;3217257 said:

The songs by bands that have playable lego Avatars are locked until you open them in campaign.

Have fun!!
    are you sure? I beat the game, thus playing as david bowie and queen, but their songs are still blocked out.
    edited November 2009
    I was sure that was it, can you buy the avatars in the game store in your band space?
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Hockeyabe;3217291 said:
    I was sure that was it, can you buy the avatars in the game store in your band space?
    OHHHHHH. That might be it. I know I played as them. i probably have to buy the avatars.
    edited November 2009
    I am envious of anyone with the capability to log into their system of choice to check this now. I have 2.5 more hours of work, then an hour drive.

I figured they had to be unlockable, and I was bummed to have noticed it because at the time, I did not know All the greyed out bands were in the game.
  • RelaubyRelauby Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I don't think that's it because Spinal Tap is blurred out too and they don't have an unlockable avatar.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, i got more than just the queen and bowie songs greyed out. cant recall which ones, but what the hell?

and im a little pissed I can't export yet, what the hell is that about?