HMX, please consider releasing Lego:RB tracks as DLC for RB2

nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I don't even care about paying regular price for them (200 points). I'd just love to have some of the Lego: RB stuff in RB2.

I know this would mostly be for the Wii owners, but there could be 360 or PS3 owners who won't buy the game, but would buy some of the tracks as DLC.

Comments

• striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunately, any business decision that lets the consumer spend 20 dollars on 10 songs they want instead of 50 dollars for a game with 10 songs they want is a bad decision.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    striderblack;3217637 said:
    Unfortunately, any business decision that lets the consumer spend 20 dollars on 10 songs they want instead of 50 dollars for a game with 10 songs they want is a bad decision.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
    This.
    I was going to type my own reply, when I realized, it's just this, reworded.
  • jdbrashjdbrash Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    i hope they dont since already bought the game. :)
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I don't see this happening.
    At least not for a LONG time.
    Maybe, MAYBE after LRB has lost its sales potential, they could do like they did with RB: Unplugged and release the songs at some future date (probably *at least* a year from now)....
    but throwing 45 songs into the DLC pool? And pissing off all the people who dropped full price on the game?

....Nah, I really don't see it happening EVER.

You want the songs, buy the disc. Wait til the disc is cheaper if you want.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Oh I have the disc. I just would love for some for some of the songs to be part of my RB2 library, especially artists that are already in RB2 such as Tom Petty.
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I could see these possibly making into the DLC pool for the Wii, but then again...Wii owners can't even export RB1. So, who knows.
  • ZAIGRANZAIGRAN Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    please consider releasing some tracks from lego RB at least in Wii, cause no its possible export the tracks, i dont have intention of buyin the game for that, and some tracks i want it!! like You Give Love a Bad Name, song 2.....and others, please put in the DLC at least in wii!!!
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    nicko68;3218643 said:
    Oh I have the disc. I just would love for some for some of the songs to be part of my RB2 library, especially artists that are already in RB2 such as Tom Petty.
    I heard that the export is an all or nothing thing, but after it gets exported, can you delete the songs you don't want like you can with the RB1 export?
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    i second this, put RB1 and LRB on DLC for Wii atleast
    atleast RB1.... ;-;
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I don't even own a Wii and I agree. RB1 and LRB for Wii DLC.
  • playmikeplaymike Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    nicko68;3217562 said:
    I don't even care about paying regular price for them (200 points). I'd just love to have some of the Lego: RB stuff in RB2.

I know this would mostly be for the Wii owners, but there could be 360 or PS3 owners who won't buy the game, but would buy some of the tracks as DLC.
    Not going to happen, if ever, for a long long time.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    nicko68;3217562 said:
    They area already available as DLC for RB2 (at least for PS3 and 360). Just buy a copy of LEGO Rock Band and for an additional $10 they can be exported to your console.
    cherokeesam;3218241 said:
    And pissing off all the people who dropped full price on the game?
    Why should anybody be pissed? The game is very fun. If somebody bought it just to do the export that's their own fault.
  • DroosiesDroosies Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    nicko68;3217562 said:

This won't happen because the game is not made by Harmonix. It would be a HORRIBLE business move for the future if Harmonix made the songs available as DLC and shut Traveller's Tales out of the mix. That's the reason the export fee is $10 instead of $5. $5 to Harmonix, $5 to TT.

Making the songs available for DLC would make the game useless and would be a huge slap in the face of TT, and would make other companies very wary of doing future business with Harmonix.
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3219416 said:
    They area already available as DLC for RB2 (at least for PS3 and 360). Just buy a copy of LEGO Rock Band and for an additional $10 they can be exported to your console.
    Note the "200 points". He's talking Wii.

I'm hoping they are released as DLC eventually (as in way down the road to avoid undercutting LEGO Rock Band sales) for the Wii to make up for the technical limitations of the game itself. Makes sense to me.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Droosies;3219456 said:
    That's the reason the export fee is $10 instead of $5. $5 to Harmonix, $5 to TT.
    Ahh...if only it was that simple. You left out M$/$ony's cut and the artists as well.
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3219416 said:

Why should anybody be pissed? The game is very fun. If somebody bought it just to do the export that's their own fault.
    Exportability isn't the issue in this case. It's simply that if I pay full price for a batch of songs, I certainly don't think it's fair that someone else gets to pay half-price (or whatever) for that same batch of songs.
    edited November 2009
    cherokeesam;3219643 said:
    Exportability isn't the issue in this case. It's simply that if I pay full price for a batch of songs, I certainly don't think it's fair that someone else gets to pay half-price (or whatever) for that same batch of songs.
    At regular price, they would be paying more for the same songs.
    edited November 2009
    cherokeesam;3219643 said:
    If they were to use the Unplugged system, the 45 songs would cost approximately $90.

Sure, they'd get to cherry pick...but they'd still have to spend neraly twice as much for the same set of songs.
    edited November 2009
    That's assuming they bought all 45 songs. But anyho, I'm okay with it (and I'm sure others would be, too) *if* LRB's sale potential has already run its course. Say, after a year or so of timed release.
    edited November 2009
    cherokeesam;3219855 said:
    That's assuming they bought all 45 songs. But anyho, I'm okay with it (and I'm sure others would be, too) *if* LRB's sale potential has already run its course. Say, after a year or so of timed release.
    I think HMX would be wise to not offer LEGO RB songs as downloads in the future (at least not for 360/PS3).

It would set a terrible precident going into the inevitable Rock Band 3 release. I'm already guessing people will want RB3 to export for one reason or another...but give them LEGO as DLC and they'll demand the same of RB3 as well.

And if you think the LEGO complaints are getting old, just wait until the inevitable storm that would come if RB3 didn't export (or didn't get offered as DLC for RB2)
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3220207 said:
    I think HMX would be wise to not offer LEGO RB songs as downloads in the future (at least not for 360/PS3).

It would set a terrible precident going into the inevitable Rock Band 3 release. I'm already guessing people will want RB3 to export for one reason or another...but give them LEGO as DLC and they'll demand the same of RB3 as well.

And if you think the LEGO complaints are getting old, just wait until the inevitable storm that would come if RB3 didn't export (or didn't get offered as DLC for RB2)
    I wasn't around here when RB2 came out, but did anybody actually complain that they couldn't export RB2 to RB1?
    edited November 2009
    Kidmitt;3220327 said:
    I wasn't around here when RB2 came out, but did anybody actually complain that they couldn't export RB2 to RB1?
    Nobody complained because at the time Rock Band 1 was the only game that exported. But following the release of Rock Band 2, we started getting exportable Track Packs on 360 and PS3 (AC/DC being the first).

These, combined with the 20 free songs included with Rock Band 2, lead to the first batch of complaints that large song packs and exports were "All or Nothing" so anybody buying the disc had to live with having all 18-21 songs carried over even if they only wanted a handful.

Then when LEGO was announced, the cries for immediate exportation began, most of the time driven by those who viewed it then (and in some cases still do) as just another Track Pack and didn't want to play their Rock Band songs with a LEGO skin.

Now that they got their way (it exports), the cries go back to the "All or Nothing" format. The arguement being that apparently it's HMX's fault they spent $50 on a batch of songs when they didn't want enough of them to warrant a full disc purchase.

Sure, the calls for LEGO to export were because people don't consider it a full game (which is unfortunate since it provides much more playability than any Track Pack ever did). But given this forums track record, I fully expect there to be similiar demands once the inevitable Rock Band 3 is announced.

Because (as with every disc release) everybody will have a handful of songs they could do without, and thusly will demand that it exports so they can just grab the disc and play it in the familiar setting of RB2 while refusing to be exposed to other songs they may not be familiar with.

Heck, we've already got people that want to export RB2 for some reason or another...
    edited November 2009
    Kidmitt;3220327 said:
    Actually, yes, there were some vocal groups that were displeased with the way the game tracked scores on a song by song basis that wanted to be able to play the Rock Band 2 songs on the Rock Band 1 engine.

No matter which way they do it, some group or another will complain. If they change something, people gripe about the changes, if they don't, they gripe about being ripped off because it's the same, etc etc.

You get used to it after a while.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Okay, well I certainly wouldn't expect the songs in the latest version of the numbered franchise to be backwards compatible.
  • jdbrashjdbrash Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    deathmonkey;3218989 said:
    I heard that the export is an all or nothing thing, but after it gets exported, can you delete the songs you don't want like you can with the RB1 export?
    i didnt know you could delete songs from rock band 1 export. how do i do this?
    edited November 2009
    jdbrash;3221023 said:
    If you're on the Xbox 360, you can simply go into your console's memory through the Dashboard and delete specific song files. If you're on PS3, it's a more complex method that involves running the Rock Band 1 Export a few more times and stopping it when it gets to songs you don't want, but you also have to do it in backwards order so that it doesn't re-export the songs you delete.
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Hawk, for the PS3, that sounds like such a headache.
  • MetalLickaMetalLicka Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    jdbrash;3221023 said:
    Delete your whole export and do it again. When you go to do the export it will have a series of check boxes, just check the ones you want and leave the ones you don't want unchecked and run the export.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3220396 said:
    Nobody complained because at the time Rock Band 1 was the only game that exported. But following the release of Rock Band 2, we started getting exportable Track Packs on 360 and PS3 (AC/DC being the first).

These, combined with the 20 free songs included with Rock Band 2, lead to the first batch of complaints that large song packs and exports were "All or Nothing" so anybody buying the disc had to live with having all 18-21 songs carried over even if they only wanted a handful.

Then when LEGO was announced, the cries for immediate exportation began, most of the time driven by those who viewed it then (and in some cases still do) as just another Track Pack and didn't want to play their Rock Band songs with a LEGO skin.

Now that they got their way (it exports), the cries go back to the "All or Nothing" format. The arguement being that apparently it's HMX's fault they spent $50 on a batch of songs when they didn't want enough of them to warrant a full disc purchase.

Sure, the calls for LEGO to export were because people don't consider it a full game (which is unfortunate since it provides much more playability than any Track Pack ever did). But given this forums track record, I fully expect there to be similiar demands once the inevitable Rock Band 3 is announced.

Because (as with every disc release) everybody will have a handful of songs they could do without, and thusly will demand that it exports so they can just grab the disc and play it in the familiar setting of RB2 while refusing to be exposed to other songs they may not be familiar with.

Heck, we've already got people that want to export RB2 for some reason or another...
    edited November 2009
    deathmonkey;3221501 said:
    No.

All or nothing.