I think I found a glitch

DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Ok, so I've been playing through story mode (since I can't export yet. Grrrrrr.)

My wife and I were playing last night, and we only got 4 stars on the first challenge (seeing as she wasn't familiar with the song Tick Tick Boom). We went back and re-played it and got 5 songs, but we never got credit for going back and getting the 5th star. So, my star count is at 104, despite the fact that I have now 5 starred everything up to this point.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    this may be a silly question - but did you do it on a lower difficulty?

maybe the first score was still higher than the second if you did it on a lower difficulty and therefore it didn't save. any more information would be helpful!
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    No, it was the same difficulty. We played it on hard both times. Of course, the second score was better because the second time was a 5 star and the first time was a 4 star.
  • DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I've even tried replaying it solo, and I've tried going in through the Rock Challenge area in the Rock Den. Nothing. I don't know why I'm not getting credit for the star.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    That's too bad. What song is it? Can you recreate on a different song as well, I wonder? (not that I want to ruin your quest for 5 stars on every song on story mode, but just trying to troubleshoot)

Edit: Oh - you said Tick Tick Boom. Never mind about which song.
  • DriscDrisc Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I think I have the same problem I have 5 starred all songs so far, a few I had to do twice and my total star count shows 514, but all gigs show all stars gained so I have no idea which song or gig the missing star is from, I played for about 2hours before I noticed the problem.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I've got that problem too. I'm missing two stars, despite seeing nothing but 5* on every played gig. As I recall there were a couple of 4* setlists I've had, which I wound up replaying to get 5*, so it seems the game isn't registering that fact.

It's not a game-breaking glitch (I hope) but it's very confusing. :confused:
  • DriscDrisc Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I assume there will be more than 1000 stars available in total, as you get an achievement for 1000. I don't if it would work if I am stuck at 999 but have 1000
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Drisc;3318593 said:
    I assume there will be more than 1000 stars available in total, as you get an achievement for 1000. I don't if it would work if I am stuck at 999 but have 1000
    There is far more than 1000 stars. Dont worry. Be happy.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    DiabloNeonX;3218388 said:
    No, it was the same difficulty. We played it on hard both times. Of course, the second score was better because the second time was a 5 star and the first time was a 4 star.
    That's really odd. I've had songs I've four-starred but haven't seen this when I went back and five starred them later. What console is this on?

Also, just for the heck of it...next time you build a setlist, check Tick Tick Boom to see if it's 5-starred. It could be that it logged the five-star internally but for whatever reason didn't update the setlists.
  • GeeForce11GeeForce11 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Drisc;3318593 said:
    There could be like 1400 stars to be earned...I have over 1100 already and i'm like 90% done, didn't do any of the long marathons yet and lots of make/random 2/3 setlist untouched...

When I re-did some of challenges it did raise the star count from 4 to 5 or 14 to 15 etc. but don't have to worry about some of them for not getting 5 stars, there's more than plenty challenges available...
  • HamKetHamKet Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    This has also happened to me. I got 4 stars somewhere in the tour, and later replayed it and got 5 stars. I have 5 stars on all other possible gigs, yet my total stars does not end in a 5 or 0.

Oh well.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps you should try with one more person. I dont know. I havent gone back and redone that many setlists.
  • LCO1138LCO1138 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I've had something similar, scored only 4 stars on the Thunder challenge (on Hard drums) on first attempt, then went back to retry and scored 5. The song is credited with 5 now, but grand total at the bottom of the screen didn't update (699 instead of 700).
  • ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I'll bump this. This happened to me...my wife and I played the Thunder challenge with some friends and only got four stars. I went back and five-starred it, but it still only gives our band credit for four stars. This isn't gonna break me on the game, but it's annoying.

I have this on the Wii. It isn't system-specific, is it?
  • MisoranomegamiMisoranomegami Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I have this problem on XBox 360. My son played my save and only got 4 stars on a song, I replayed and got 5, but my total shows one missing. It's very aggravating.
  • scurry13scurry13 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    i have noticed this too, had to go back and redo 2 songs to get the 5*, but it isn't reflecting in my total.
  • irkentallestirkentallest Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    I'm seeing something similar. All gigs played show 5 stars, but my total count is not a multiple of 5. It appears that I'm actually getting credit for more stars than I earned. If I add up all gigs I've played (easy to do from the venue select screen for each vehicle), I should have 385 stars, however, my total star count is 389. Confusing, but I guess it's a good problem to have.
  • PrototypeXT3PrototypeXT3 Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    Maybe gold stars are 6 stars, and you guys just think it's less than what it is.