Why when you...

c541timc541tim Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Make a setlist in lego rock band you can't pick we well rock you and then we are the champions...when you pick one it blocks the other one this makes no sense the songs beg to go together and they can't :(

same with suffragette city from rock band one its randomly blocked out when no other songs are sometimes all very confusing...

can any one make some sense to this?

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Because of the actual people who are celebs in LRB (Queen, Bowie, etc). It complicates picking Queen and Bowie songs.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Wait you can't play We Will Rock You and then We Are the Champions?

I thought the setlist explicitly said We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions. I haven't unlocked We Are the Champions yet and now I'm not in much of a rush to anymore. :(
  • c541timc541tim Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3218331 said:
    Because of the actual people who are celebs in LRB (Queen, Bowie, etc). It complicates picking Queen and Bowie songs.
    yeah, but you can pick we well rock you and any other song except we are the champions
  • rockdawg-1965rockdawg-1965 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I did it last night in band quickplay. Do you mean you can't make such a set on tour?
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I can't pick any queen song except we will rock you, the rest are always greyed out
    edited November 2009
    rockdawg-1965;3218515 said:
    I did it last night in band quickplay. Do you mean you can't make such a set on tour?
    I did it in freeplay I created a setlist starting with we well rock you..but it grayed out we are the champions

idk how you got it to work :/
  • FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Dekieon;3218539 said:
    I can't pick any queen song except we will rock you, the rest are always greyed out
    I was just about to make a thread asking about this. The Queen songs were greyed out for me too. Listed just like "YYZ" if you have a vocalist. What gives?
  • Dino1626Dino1626 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm hoping there is a way to play We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions as one song. It would be a major bummer if we couldn't. Does anybody know for sure?:confused:
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I think it has to do with Storyline progression. Have you played "We Are The Champions" in Story mode yet?

I can play songs from bands in the game in Free Play, just not Story. I WAS able to play Song 2 in Story Mode once I played the Blur gig.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Perhaps it's the fact that you haven't unlocked Queen yet? I haven't played since Tuesday so I don't even know if you truly unlock a band, but I heard you can't play an artist's songs if that artist is in the game until you unlock them.

Perhaps We Will Rock You was unlocked (through that Inspiration gig), but the rest of the Queen discography must wait for a later date?
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Once I played the Blur gig I was able to play gigs containing Song 2.

However I have played the Bowie gig but cannot select "Suffragette City" in storymode.

I CAN play it in Free Play however.
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3219567 said:
    I think it has to do with Storyline progression. Have you played "We Are The Champions" in Story mode yet?

I can play songs from bands in the game in Free Play, just not Story. I WAS able to play Song 2 in Story Mode once I played the Blur gig.
    ok im almost at we are the champions ..does that acctually allow you to play them together or does that acctually do anything
  • jdavis91jdavis91 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Along this same line, does anyone know if there is anyway to play these together as essentially "one" song as everyone is used to? I've played them back to back in free play but you get the annoying break and stats after the first song and then the typical lead in / intro into the second song of the setlist. I was hoping that somehow through some special "unlock" or something you could actually play the songs together back to back without interruption like they are supposed to be played. I don't know why anyone would ever want to play either of those alone without the other.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, it's really confusing why the David Bowie and Queen songs are grayed out, and why WWRU and WATC can't be played back to back. Would be nice if HMX or TT would give an explanation why, or patch the game so that we can use them.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    you have to unlock we are the champions in story mode i think. Its ths last song you get.

I tried a make a setlist in the tour just now and got both in a row just fine
  • jdavis91jdavis91 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Both in a row with no pause between songs?
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    jdavis91;3236093 said:
    Both in a row with no pause between songs?
    no, unfortunately, but the OP was having trouble playing them both at all, said that we are the champions is greyed out, so i think its cuz he hasnt unlocked it yet.