Lego Keeps Freezing My PS3

ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
With the insane amount of loading screens, the game every now and then just completely freezes on them. I keep having to reset and its getting more frequent as I progress in the story. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I had it lock up on the loading screen for the Roadies in the Rock Shop earlier. Mega-freeze too, I couldn't even get the Xbox Guide Menu to pop up.
  • Killer-Kool-AidKiller-Kool-Aid Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    my drum trainer was lagging like crazy, in story or quick play it was fine but the fill trainer was WAY off. maybe there is something going on....
  • WimbernutsWimbernuts Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Yep, game froze on me once earlier today during a loading screen. I hope this freezing/locking up issue doesn't persist.

On PS3 btw.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I haven't had it freeze during a loading screen, but I have had it start doing the chart lagging nonsense where the chart freezes for a second and then jumps. I'm not sure if it was because I stressed the system quite a bit, it only started happening after installing Dragon Age earlier (roughly 3 gig install) without a reboot, and then played for hours. I started getting the chart lag several times per song, several songs in a row, though, and just eventually turned it off. I hope a reboot fixes that.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I had the game freeze on me only once so far. My version is XBOX 360. I was in the main room in story mode, and was about to go into the office when it froze on me.
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Game froze 3 times on me now. Big lockups too. It's always on those loading screens too and it makes the sound of entering the next part too (so at the end of the loading screen) and then FROZEN.

There's so many of those darn loading screens too and they are SO slow too. I thought they were cute at first but now they are just annoying. I have to finish this game and then export it. It's fun and everything but I find I sit longer waiting to play than I actually play.
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3219048 said:
    I haven't had it freeze during a loading screen, but I have had it start doing the chart lagging nonsense where the chart freezes for a second and then jumps. I'm not sure if it was because I stressed the system quite a bit, it only started happening after installing Dragon Age earlier (roughly 3 gig install) without a reboot, and then played for hours. I started getting the chart lag several times per song, several songs in a row, though, and just eventually turned it off. I hope a reboot fixes that.
    On the PS3, I find that most of my skipping/freezing occurs when I get online notification messages notifying me when someone goes online/offline or I get a new messages). It doesn't always happen, but it seems to happen several times during a RB session. Try to temporarily disable your online notifications and see if that helps.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    No freezing yet with a couple of hours put into the game.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    No freezing, but there is quite a bit of jagged graphics when I switch between rooms. I've had this with the occasional 360 game on my HDTV, but nowhere near this noticeably.
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    it froze on me in the den rooms today
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Froze on me a couple times, and the loading between moving and or starting tours or anything is stupidly long and redundant.

I like playing this game, wish it was faster to get thru though, too many loading screens.

Please patch with a fix hmx. Loving the game though.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I've had my 360 version freeze once while I was picking a torso for one of my Entourage members in the Rock Shop. The Rock Den was really slow when moving around before I installed, it's better now but still not too smooth sometimes.
  • pbenson1167pbenson1167 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Mine froze on me too...so bad that it seemed to carry over to other games I tried to play (Fallout 3, RB2) I was about to send to MS for repair for pre E874 or RROD fixes, but then I deleted a the saved cahes of Lego RB from my HD and now everything seems to be fine. Played Fallout, RB2 and Beatles RB with no problems. Seems to be related to the LEGO RB disk. I am going to exchange at BB today to see if that helps.
  • redbillredbill Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    mine froze on one of the loading screen. I didn't think much of it until about 5 minutes in, because of the normally long loading times for this game. It was after a gig on the way back to the lobby. It did not save my progress after the freeze, so I had to go back and play.
  • pbenson1167pbenson1167 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I wanted to follow up on my freezing issue. I think it was related to a bad L:RB disk. I deleted all caches related to my initial playing of the game. I got a new disk and saved the game from the new disk to my hard drive...now the game (and other games) play like normal. Really glad cause I was really, REALLY close to sending my elite to MS for repair.
    :p
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    My game has frozen about six times and all on the same loading screen. It's the screen with the bald Lego player holding the pick that's the size of his hand, getting ready to strum a guitar. I thought I was ready for a RROD but then it has ONLY happened on that loading screen and nowhere else.
  • habes007habes007 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have a PS3 and although the first few days of LRB were without incident, I've seen three freezes at a loading screen in the past two days.

Twice while trying to load a "gig" and once while loading the den after confirming my band member when entering story mode.
  • malbadonmalbadon Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Had our first big freeze tonight. Got the stylist and backed out to the den to buy him.....and that was the end of our night :)
  • pong0814pong0814 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    The game froze twice on me today. Once, during a Loading screen, and once while I was just idle in the Rock Den. I wasn't able to get the Xbox guide menu to pop up both times and I had to do a hard restart of the console. I was so paranoid since I just got this refurbed 360 yesterday as a replacement for my old one that just RROD'd. I'm actually "glad" (using the term loosely) to see this thread as the problem may (hopefully) not be on my end after all!

(I am playing off the hard drive, btw. Deleted the existing hard drive install and just reinstalled it. Hope that works for me tomorrow.)
  • Pearl WhitePearl White Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Mine froze last night for the first time, was also on a loading screen, just seemed to take forever, and ever....

Its PS3 version i have.
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The game's frozen on me twice on PS3.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I've got a thread in the Game Tech Support forum (360: LEGO Freezing...or something like that).

I've had this issue only in the Rock Shop, and only after I've gone back and forther between different groups of figs. It happens a LOT though.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    No freezes for me as of yet. On PS3, about 8 hours of gameplay.

It wouldn't hurt to mention what system/model you're playing on, to see if there is a problem with specific ones.

I have the 80gig Motorstorm PS3
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Mex;3242727 said:
    No freezes for me as of yet. On PS3, about 8 hours of gameplay.

It wouldn't hurt to mention what system/model you're playing on, to see if there is a problem with specific ones.

I have the 80gig Motostorm PS3
    I have the same PS3 with a 500 gig harddrive added in a couple months ago. I was able to get through probably 30+ hours of gameplay (finished many gigs including the Rock Marathon and Endless Setlist) before seeing my first and only freeze so far. It happened on the loading screen immediately after loading up the game, entering tour and selecting continue tour to go to the venue select screen.
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I have it for the PS3 and the damn thing freezes at least one time every day...I do play it about 2-3 hours a day though. :P I usually try to avoid moving around too much...less loading screens the better, I hate how it has to load your "rock den" and then when you go into the tour mode it has to load again right away, normally this is when it will freeze up on me...
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I had one freeze in my time, that was backing out of menus to go back to the den.

It was on the last 80GB large model PS3, produced summer 2009, I believe.

I've only had it for a few months and take good care of it, I have little other game data on it besides Rock Band (just Prototype, MGS4 and a few PSN games).
  • jemin2009jemin2009 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I haven't had a problem with it yet but I'm going to make a run at a few hours a gameplay this weekend. Does it affect game saves or anything of that nature when it freezes?
  • MrHartgraveMrHartgrave Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    jemin2009;3246905 said:
    I haven't had a problem with it yet but I'm going to make a run at a few hours a gameplay this weekend. Does it affect game saves or anything of that nature when it freezes?
    Really shouldn't, the game seems to auto save when you do ANYTHING...you will just need to hold down the power button and reset, and then sit through about 5 loading screens until you can play again...:P
  • mpracharmprachar Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I have noticed that LRB on my 60GB PS3 "stutters" (the note highways briefly stop but the music continues) from time to time every few songs. It isn't as smooth as either RB2 or TB:RB. I have seen this on RB2, but maybe only once or twice per evening.
  • allanon645allanon645 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Mine hasn't frozen, however it lags a brief bit when moving from place to place. It also has occasional loading screens that last a long LONG time. I'm on a Slim PS3 btw.