Kung Fu Fighting Expert Guitar

Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
OH my freakin gawd!!!!!! Is this like the hardest lego song out. I hate those type of notes, I just fail fail fail.

Does anyone have any good tips on getting through that kind of mess of notes where there seems to be such a crazy pattern of single,double, triple notes?:eek:

Comments

• monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Alt-strum, it is your best friend. Listen to how the song goes, how it repeats, and you'll get it down. You BETTER, anyways, because that riff is constant.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I personnally can't stand this song, It is the worst song in Lego:RB.
  • OrdealByFireOrdealByFire Banned
    edited November 2009
    I don't like it but it's not the worst song.. Make Me Smile or whatever it's called is.

I HATE THE STRUMMING on this song SO much though.
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I beter start practicing those alt strums now, Ive held off till now but looks like its forcing my hand. Damn Achilles Heel!!
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Don't start with THAT song to learn alt-strumming. I personally suggest Seven, if you have RB1, Kids in America for RB2, and Boys and Girls (The GC song) on LRB. If you can't get the rhythm down to begin with, these and other chordy songs are a great choice to practice on.

Edit: forgot about Rooftops, that's roughly the same speed as Kung Fu Fighting and it'll get you used to the quicky chord changes.
    edited November 2009
    Nah. Rooftops is a better start, but those are good too.
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    actualy, i find the alt strumming used in kung fu fighting to NOT be like kids in america/seven
    they are more like chop suey in rb2
    edited November 2009
    vedis;3218735 said:
    actualy, i find the alt strumming used in kung fu fighting to NOT be like kids in america/seven
    they are more like chop suey in rb2
    He was saying to play those songs to practice before moving on to the more challenging alt-strum songs. I can alt-strum perfectly at almost any speed, but when you make it like Chop Suey or Kung Fu Fighting, I can't keep up. Literally, my only Achilles Heel on any instrument. .=./' HEY A LAWN MOWER! LOL!!
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    I must be lucky. I never had any trouble with Chop Suey or Pinball Wizard and such, so this wasn't too bad for me. Alt strumming only trips me up when there's an even number of notes (ie, finishes on an upstrum) or if it changes speed (I'm looking at you, Libyans).

I started alt-strumming early on though. It may not help, but the first thing I did was learn to integrate alt-strumming into regular play. If there's a constant stream of notes but with one random set of three thrown in, instead of rapidly taping down three times, just upstrum between the two regularly spaced notes and you hit it without even breaking stride. Once you get used to that, you can nail stuff like the fast bits at the end of Rock'n Me with no problem, and eventually harder alt-strum patterns like Chop Suey, Pinball Wizard, and Kung Fu Fighting.
    edited November 2009
    Give It All is easy for me, and always has been since the second time I played it. Ending on upstrums. WTF.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3218609 said:
    Alt-strum, it is your best friend.
    Dekieon;3218615 said:
    I personnally can't stand this song, It is the worst song in Lego:RB.
    Agreed 100%.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    OrdealByFire;3218625 said:
    I don't like it but it's not the worst song.. Make Me Smile or whatever it's called is.

I HATE THE STRUMMING on this song SO much though.
    Completely agree. I hate Kung Fu Fighting but at least it goes somewhere. I apparently suck at alt strumming, Kung Fu took me like 5 tries to 5 star. I had to downstrum it all to do it.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited November 2009
    I like Pinball Wizard for Guitar, but not Chop Suey.

Kung Fu Fighting is somewhere in the middle of these two songs on my likeness scale.
  • hshizzlehshizzle Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I have major issues alt-strumming long patterns with constant note changes, but I am able to downstrum most songs. I was able to downstrum this song all the way, but it was tiring as all hell. For comparison, I can only downstrum about halfway through Pinball Wizard or Chop Suey before tiring out.

There were a couple other songs that were really tiring to downstrum in the lego setlist, but I don't remember the names right now.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    I can't stand playing that song, love the song, hate the chart.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Despite being a good expert guitarist, this song still gave me a run for my money.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2009
    I admit to only four-starring this song the first time it came up

THEN three-starring it when it was the immediate next song on the damn Mystery Setlist we chose