How Do You ADD Someone New To Your Band?

BrianIsLiveBrianIsLive Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I Wanna Add Someone New to My Band, So When I Go to Select My Character to Play for Story Mode, All 4 of My Created Characters are Under "My Band Members". I Only Have My Character Under That Category. How Do I Add My 3 Other Friends to the Band? PLEASE Don't Comment on My Writing, I Know I Hit the Shift Button A lot, Also, Please Don't Try to Help By Telling Me "Just Select them and Play" Because, When My Friends Aren't Here, I Still Want to See Em. Help. Please?

Comments

• hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    Are you asking how to make your other characters appear as members of the band when there's nobody playing their parts?

You can't. You can, however, go into the Rock Store and simply change the default characters to look like your other created characters. (Press the yellow button to switch to other characters while in the store.)

Also, you hit the shift key a lot. :p
  • BrianIsLiveBrianIsLive Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Lol, Thanks. But In Rock Band 2 You Were Able to Do It. I'm Hoping You Can Do It Here To. I Started off Doing What U Just Wrote, But Ended Up Creating the Characters. Now They're Not Part of the Band When I Switch My Instrument. :(
    edited November 2009
    It's kind of complicated. There's an NPC for each slot that is used when there isn't a corresponding controller active. When people are actively playing the game, they must choose one of the player-created characters.

If your problem is that you can't play as the modified NPCs, you'll have to make a new character from the Character Select screen and change that to how you want it.

If your problem is that your created characters can't be used as stand-ins, you'll have to change the NPCs to look like your created characters. Unlike Rock Band 2, you cannot set player-created-characters to appear as stand-ins in Lego.
    edited November 2009
    Damn, So Do You Think My Best Bet Is To Restart Career w/ 4 Active People Making Their Characters Apart of the band? (Btw, Thanks)
    edited November 2009
    Well the only way you'll get all four of your characters on stage at the same time is to have four people playing. You won't need to start over though, in fact it would probably be better not to, since you'll have less parts unlocked.

It shouldn't be too tough to edit the stand-ins to look like your characters though.

While you're at it, you can also edit the Roadies and the other support staff. (I had a pirate, Frankenstein, and a construction worker for roadies and a wizard for a "spiritual guide", myself.)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    You only need to capitalize the first word of each sentence, along with any "proper nouns." It's a bit of an eyesore when you capitalize all of them.

The best news is that Lego Rock Band lets you share purchased items between all the characters, so you don't need to keep buying the same items over again
    edited November 2009
    Heh, Thanks Hawkeova. LuigiHann, That Post Was Useless, Why Are You Easily Just Trying to Boost Your Posts By Just Spamming, You Didn't Even Help One Bit. -__-
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I really don't care much about your original question, but I'm fascinated by your writing. Lemme get this straight- you know you use the shift key too much, but you keep doing it anyway? People have pointed this out to you, but rather than stop, you just keep doing it and tell people not to mention it? Are you unable to stop because of some sort of OCD condition? Or do you actually not understand which words should be upper case and therefore just do most of them? Or are you just trying to create your own style?

I'm really not trying to be mean. I'm an English teacher, and I just have to know.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    nolanandrew;3219502 said:
    I just have to know.
    Its for attention. Just like the people who post in different colors, or in bold, or with bigger text. They think they are somehow standing out. Which causes others to look down on them. And when you point it out they get pissy like he did above.

He called that guys post spam and useless, when infact he gives a good tibit of info at the end of his post.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    BrianIsLive;3219190 said:
    Heh, Thanks Hawkeova. LuigiHann, That Post Was Useless, Why Are You Easily Just Trying to Boost Your Posts By Just Spamming, You Didn't Even Help One Bit. -__-
    I gEt whaT thEy aRe sAyIng. It gEtS tOuGh to ReAd yoUr pOstS bEcAuSe iT fEeLs lIke YoUr YeLlInG aT mE!

But on a serious note, you can't "add" people to your band. However, if you go to the Rock Shop and select "Band", you will see on the bottom right corner of the screen an option to "Change Band Member". By pressing this button, it will toggle between the four members of your band. Here, you can change their names and their looks just like your own created character.

Also, unlike previous games, each default member of the band is associated with a specific instrument. Mr. Lance plays guitar, Nicky plays drums, etc. So you have to make sure you are on the correct instrument ICON when editing a band mate (this is located in the upper right corner of the screen).

It's more simliar to Unplugged than RB2 in that regard.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Just noticed something very cool.

Let's say you've customized your Drummer stand-in a bit, when you usually play guitar. Then you exit out of the game and log in with a drum set. On the character select screen, it looks like it won't let you choose to play as your created drummer, but if you then hit "Create New," the new character you create will automatically look exactly like your stand-in drummer, and you can customize from there.

Very cool.

Edit:
    PLEASE Don't Comment on My Writing, I Know I Hit the Shift Button A lot,
    Did he edit that in after I nagged him, or has it been there the whole time? If it was there from the beginning, I must have skimmed over it just because of how genuinely difficult it is to read text like that
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    LuigiHann;3220118 said:
    ...but if you then hit "Create New," the new character you create will automatically look exactly like your stand-in drummer, and you can customize from there.

Very cool.
    It does that?! Sweet. That just answered one big question I had when I went to try out different instruments!
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3220126 said:
    It does that?! Sweet. That just answered one big question I had when I went to try out different instruments!
    Yeah, I Started off w/ the Stand Ins, and Then Ended Up Doing This. But I Guess I'ma Just Have to Face the Facts and Realize This Game Has No Permanent Stand Ins... -____-
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Dude, please. This has been bothering me all day. I swear I talked about it with my co-workers at lunch. Please, please tell me your rationale for using the caps for each word. It's killing me not to know.

Do you just really like titles of things? Do you think it looks pretty? Is the Taliban forcing you at gunpoint? It's just one of the strangest written affectations ever. It clearly takes more effort than just writing like a normal person, and you've obviously taken heat about writing this way. Yet you continue to do so. What is your quest?

Please. I gotta know. Don't make me stalk you and start making fun of the fact that you like Nickelback.
  • BertoneBertone Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I find it weird that there is no "switch band member" button or prompt on the store screen when you are playing guitar.
    edited November 2009
    Bertone;3228407 said:
    I find it weird that there is no "switch band member" button or prompt on the store screen when you are playing guitar.
    It is the yellow button. It even shows it in the controls at the bottom right corner of the screen while you're in the Rock Shop.