Black Friday deal $20 LRB

TorqueAODTorqueAOD Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/05/possible-free-lego-rock-band-with-20-old-navy-purchase-on-black/

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/oldnavy-black-friday-ad.html

Unfortunately, the ad doesn't say how many copies they have, or which stores will the sale will take place.

I'm looking for more info on this. Please post if you have more info.

Comments

• T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    But that requires me to shop at Old Navy.

I hate Old Navy.
  • JordanfreJordanfre Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    :( There is no Black Friday in Canada.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    Free Rock Band Guitar With Purchase Of Rock Band 2 - $0.00
    Wtf...since when does Old Navy sell video games?

Oh and this:
    T-Hybrid;3219560 said:
    But that requires me to shop at Old Navy.

I hate Old Navy.
    A thousand times, this.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    note to self: sell LRB before Black Friday.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm. Maybe I'll just go ahead and buy like 4 graphic tees and then take the sealed copy back to Best Buy.

I'd get about $30 out of the exchange which I could put towards XBL points or another game.

I'm just guessing supplies of LRB will be VERY limited. And who knows if it's even your choice of console comparred to just "Whatever we've got"
  • gnutz87gnutz87 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Check it out.... Free copy of Lego: Rock Band when you buy $20 worth of stuff at Old Navy on Black Friday! lol I might just go....

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/05/possible-free-lego-rock-band-with-20-old-navy-purchase-on-black/
  • gnutz87gnutz87 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    Seems almost too good to be true.

I'm going to laugh if it's like a demo disc or something.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited November 2009
    I'm probably not gonna go... It would be pretty cool though if they still had some by the time I got there. I dunno, I live in Indiana and most people probably haven't even heard about this in my area. Then again, it is a while away.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    PlasticAxe.com suggested it might be a promo copy. like GH:VH was.
    Free Lego Rock Band From…Old Navy? | Plastic Axe | \m/
    http://www.plasticaxe.com/2009/11/05/free-lego-rock-band-from-old-navy/

The speculation is that it may be just a demo, but it’s certainly within the realm of possibility that they’d be giving out the full game — in a cheap cardboard sleeve without the fancy packaging, perhaps?
    Taking that one step further - what if it was a full copy in a promo sleeve WITHOUT an export code?? to keep the exporters paying full price.
  • HerThreeWordsHerThreeWords Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Found the small print for the adscan - http://forums.bfads.net/viewtopic.php?p=73120&sid=3ee16397a56406f6224f7486b2886759

"Get a LEGO Rock Band video game with $20 purchase while supplies last. Your preferred platform (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) may not be available. Prior to store opening on Friday, November 27 in the US (Saturday, November 28 in Canada excluding Quebec) customers will form a line outside the store, and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Wristbands correspond to console platforms (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) so customers must choose their preferred console from the available wristbands. Old Navy cannot guarantee that your preferred console platform will be available. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one LEGO Rock Band video game in the platform listed on the wristband (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) with a qualifying purchase of $20 or more, and must be surrendered after purchase. Limit one LEGO Rock Band video game per person, family, or household. Store hours may vary by location. Check your local store for details. No rainchecks."
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Jordanfre;3219568 said:
    :( There is no Black Friday in Canada.
    But you guys get Boxing Day.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It kinda sounds like it's a random chance by the "qualify" bit.

You may win Lego Rockband, or just some random t-shirt by buying 20$
    edited November 2009
    XacharyCross;3228384 said:
    It kinda sounds like it's a random chance by the "qualify" bit.

You may win Lego Rockband, or just some random t-shirt by buying 20$
    No. As long as they still have copies of LRB available, you'll get one.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited November 2009
    HerThreeWords;3222287 said:
    Found the small print for the adscan - http://forums.bfads.net/viewtopic.php?p=73120&sid=3ee16397a56406f6224f7486b2886759

"Get a LEGO Rock Band video game with $20 purchase while supplies last. Your preferred platform (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) may not be available. Prior to store opening on Friday, November 27 in the US (Saturday, November 28 in Canada excluding Quebec) customers will form a line outside the store, and a store associate(s) will pass out one wristband per person aged 16 or older, starting with the front of the line while supplies last. There are an extremely limited amount of available wristbands per store which will be distributed on a first come first served basis and Old Navy can not guarantee that all customers in line will receive a wristband. Wristbands correspond to console platforms (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) so customers must choose their preferred console from the available wristbands. Old Navy cannot guarantee that your preferred console platform will be available. Subject to availability, wristbands are good for one LEGO Rock Band video game in the platform listed on the wristband (Xbox 360, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 systems, Wii) with a qualifying purchase of $20 or more, and must be surrendered after purchase. Limit one LEGO Rock Band video game per person, family, or household. Store hours may vary by location. Check your local store for details. No rainchecks."
    Hmm, I did hear that some of them would be open at 3 AM, that seems ridiculous. Maybe I can convince my mom to take me first thing in the morning and see if there are any left. It'd be cool if I got one, it'd also save my parents some money (I'm asking for it for Chirstmas).
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    How many games do you think they have?
    edited November 2009
    Soratar;3228937 said:
    Hmm, I did hear that some of them would be open at 3 AM, that seems ridiculous. Maybe I can convince my mom to take me first thing in the morning and see if there are any left. It'd be cool if I got one, it'd also save my parents some money (I'm asking for it for Chirstmas).
    Yep, they'll be opening at 3 AM. I seriously doubt any will be left past 4 AM, if they even last that long.
    xXZeroOverrideXx;3228970 said:
    How many games do you think they have?
    I heard 50 per store somewhere.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    HerThreeWords;3222287 said:

So I just have to get in line early, I don't have to grab $20 worth of crap and race to the register
  • HerThreeWordsHerThreeWords Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    kitlerc;3229131 said:
    So I just have to get in line early, I don't have to grab $20 worth of crap and race to the register
    This is how I think it will work (done Black Friday once before) - stand outside and just before the doors open at 3am, they come out and pass out wristbands for the game(specific bands for ps3, xbox, wii). First person in line says ps3 rock band, they get a red one for example. Next person wants rock band for xbox, they get a green wristband. They do this down the line until they run out. If you get a wristband, you go find some clothes or flipflops totaling $20+, pay for it at the register and pick up your game. I'm thinking about driving by a couple times after I eatz my bird to see when ppl start lining up. I figure as long as I'm within the first 40 or so, I'll have a chance.

I did this at Best Buys 2 yrs ago and it sucked. People were in line at 6pm the day of Thxgiving waiting in line til 5am the next day. I got there are 2am and I didn't get squat - I was like 150+ bodies away from the door. When they got to me they had some DVDs, memory cards and some cheap extension cords!