Songs that Import (And those that don't)

eke826seke826s Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Has anyone started a thread on what songs do and don't import into LRB, and maybe reasons why?

This is not at all a complaint thread as I think LRB is a fantastic game and will have much more lasting play to it that Beatles did. I was just curious about the songs because it did seem to cut out a lot more than I expected.

Rock Band 1 Songs - 20/55 (Although I did delete two)
DLC - 143/267

Comments

• Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2009
    I'm curious as to why Highway Star wasn't included.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Alvarado6411;3220425 said:
    All I'm going to say is the lyrics to that song may refer to cars...but he is not singing about cars.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Lego people don't "seed" people.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2009
    Kidmitt;3220439 said:
    They should, it's fun!
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Kidmitt;3220439 said:
    Iron Maiden's "Revelations" comfirmed as DLC!
  • edited November 2009
    Even with the "seeding", I don't understand why Highway Star won't go in. The game is rated E10, after all, and I've played E10 rated games that have used it just fine, particularly Elite Beat Agents on the DS. Same goes with Black Hole Sun, which was in the E rated Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore.

And can someone explain to me why Don't Stop Believin' won't work but Brass in Pocket does? Did they miss the latter's "new sk*nk" line?
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Highway star by Deep Purple IS included. You must have had a bad connection while downloading or it was disrupted or something.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    OHhhhhh on LRB. never mind
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    michaelthemovieman;3221252 said:
    Even with the "seeding", I don't understand why Highway Star won't go in. The game is rated E10, after all, and I've played E10 rated games that have used it just fine, particularly Elite Beat Agents on the DS. Same goes with Black Hole Sun, which was in the E rated Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore.

On EBA, I'm pretty sure they removed the drug references.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Oooh She's A Killer Machine, She's Got Everything
    Like A Moving Mouth, Body Control And Everything

I Love Her And I Need Her, I See Her
    Yeah She Turns Me On
    All Right Hold Tight
    I'm A Highway Star

No innuendo here, nope.
  • Weatherman81Weatherman81 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    you guys are confusing me as I havent bought LRB yet... you can still just copy ALL the LRB disc songs and import into RB2 right??
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Between the lyrics about it being a "Killing Machine", "Seeding it/her", and "bleeding it", any of those can be seen as offensive. The ceiling for editing of games with a certain ESRB rating is the same, but how close to that ceiling a game developer goes is not uniform. It was Harmonix's choice.

In addition, since the game rating boards are different depending upon certain countries/territories, Harmonix would have to make sure that L:RB's content fits below the threshold of the desired rating across these territories, so that the game receives the desired rating.
  • AndyyAndyy Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Seriously shocked that Cups and Cakes exported. A song as vile and disgusting as that surely must have been ignored by the Filter, I'm horrified and WON'T be buying this game for my 30 year old son.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    MattyT;3222723 said:
    Between the lyrics about it being a "Killing Machine", "Seeding it/her", and "bleeding it", any of those can be seen as offensive. The ceiling for editing of games with a certain ESRB rating is the same, but how close to that ceiling a game developer goes is not uniform. It was Harmonix's choice.
    What about the whole third chorus about being on drugs?
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I thought it was strange that only 1 song by Nirvana's Nevermind was included - think it was Something In The Way. Thought "In Bloom" would be included at least - or it that on RB2?
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Weatherman81;3222710 said:
    you guys are confusing me as I havent bought LRB yet... you can still just copy ALL the LRB disc songs and import into RB2 right??
    You can pay an extra $10 and export the Lego: RB set list to RB2.
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    OrgasmicOrange;3223294 said:
    I thought it was strange that only 1 song by Nirvana's Nevermind was included - think it was Something In The Way. Thought "In Bloom" would be included at least - or it that on RB2?
    You thought "In Bloom" would be included? The lines about someone liking to shoot a gun and "nature is a whore" aren't exactly family friendly.
  • edited November 2009
    blueblur3000;3224509 said:
    You thought "In Bloom" would be included? The lines about someone liking to shoot a gun and "nature is a whore" aren't exactly family friendly.
    Certainly, though in regards to the violence references, there is something weird about the fact that So What is on Lego's soundtrack with a passage like this:

"what if this song's on the radio,
    somebody's gonna die,
    I'm gonna get in trouble,
    my ex will start a fight"

Basically, all I'm saying is (and considering all the discussion going on about this, I think many others feel the same way) that I don't understand the censoring rules connected with this game. More than anything, I'd really like to see some kind of explanation of what Harmonix considers out of bounds for the E10 rated Lego game and what is considered OK.
  • xTylerxTyler Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I want to know why Welcome Home isn't here, yet a song by Korn is in here...
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    michaelthemovieman;3225222 said:
    Certainly, though in regards to the violence references, there is something weird about the fact that So What is on Lego's soundtrack with a passage like this:

"what if this song's on the radio,
    somebody's gonna die,
    I'm gonna get in trouble,
    my ex will start a fight"

Basically, all I'm saying is (and considering all the discussion going on about this, I think many others feel the same way) that I don't understand the censoring rules connected with this game. More than anything, I'd really like to see some kind of explanation of what Harmonix considers out of bounds for the E10 rated Lego game and what is considered OK.
    "So What" was probably the absolute worst choice for the game. Nothing about it fits the focus of the game at all, and then on top of that, having a song so utterly terrible (and I'm not a person that even dislikes anything, just finds stuff kinda boring if it isn't my interest) as a disc song... dang.

I could see "So What" being some easily ignored DLC for RB2.
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    wcarnation;3226416 said:
    "So What" was probably the absolute worst choice for the game. Nothing about it fits the focus of the game at all, and then on top of that, having a song so utterly terrible (and I'm not a person that even dislikes anything, just finds stuff kinda boring if it isn't my interest) as a disc song... dang.

I could see "So What" being some easily ignored DLC for RB2.
    Um...what? You are aware who the target audience for this game are, right? Families, which presumably includes kids aged 10-14. I cannot speak from personal experience, not being a parent, but Pink is MASSIVELY popular with that segment. Having Hendrix as on-disc content raises a far bigger question mark in my head.

And for the record, DLC by Pink, whatever you personally think of her, would sell. Not with the hardcore rock/metal crowd, obviously, but then that didn't stop them from releasing country for the game.

That said, censorship and rating have never been an exact science (read through a back catalogue of Roger Ebert reviews sometime and count the phrase "the flywheels at the MPAA"). Highway Star is in no way, shape or form a family friendly song - having snippets of it in a game, fine, but the whole thing? No. And Nirvana is about the least family friendly band I can think of, lyrics-wise, short of Cannibal Corpse. Get with it. Besides, from what I've seen, this game isn't a pure HMX product, so I guess we can be grateful that a ) it exports to RB2 and b ) that we can play any RB DLC in this game at all. And here I thought complaining was a purely German pastime. ;)
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    xTyler;3226373 said:
    I want to know why Welcome Home isn't here, yet a song by Korn is in here...
    Because the Korn song is a cover of a pop song? That may not explain Welcome Homes absence but does how Korn got in.
  • edited November 2009
    The lack of Welcome Home is an easy one to explain. There are many references to death and murder (and connections between satanism), the F-word was used in the song (it was edited out in RB1, but still...) and the line about being "a whore in sheep's clothing."

Bands That Rock Band Needs as DLC
    []Huey Lewis & The News
    []Poison
    []Whitesnake
    []Bruce Hornsby
    []Heart
    []Yes
    []Scorpions
    []Skid Row
    [X]Bryan Adams (now give us Heaven and Run to You)
    []Twisted Sister
    []Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    []Classic Guns 'N Roses
    [X]REO Speedwagon (may I suggest another pack with Keep On Lovin' You, Time For Me To Fly, and Can't Fight This Feeling?)
  • onduvalstonduvalst Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Someone explain why this didn't get transfered into LRB:

You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
    You may find yourself in another part of the world
    You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
    You may ask yourself: well... how did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground

You may ask yourself
    How do I work this?
    You may ask yourself
    Where is that large automobile?
    You may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful house!
    You may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful wife!

Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...

Water dissolving... and water removing
    There is water... at the bottom of the ocean
    Remove the water
    Carry the water
    Remove the water from the bottom of the ocean

Into the blue again/into the silent water
    Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground
    Letting the days go by/into the silent water

You may ask yourself
    What is that beautiful house?
    You may ask yourself
    Where does that highway lead to?
    You may ask yourself
    Am I right?... Am I wrong?
    You may say to yourself
    My God!... what have I done?

Into the blue again/into the silent water
    Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground
    Letting the days go by/into the silent water

Time isn't holding us
    Time isn't after us
    Time isn't holding us
    Time isn't holding us

Time isn't holding us
    Time isn't after us
    Time isn't holding us
    [unknown line]

Letting the days go by...
    Once in a lifetime...