Auto bass!!! FINALLY

CatAstrophyCatAstrophy Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
"auto bass kick" feature intended for those playing drums that cannot reach the bass drum pedal

Why is this not in RB2? Short people love it too!

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    This feature should be in every game not only for kids and novices. But for people with leg disabilities.
  • guitarheromastaguitarheromasta Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3220655 said:
    This feature should be in every game not only for kids and novices. But for with leg disabilities.
    This.

I've seen plenty of threads on these forums asking for an auto-kick feature. Hopefully, this is implemented into Rock Band 3 for those that have medical problems.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm not impaired in any way, and I would still love this feature. It makes the difficult songs doable, because I don't have to focus on rapidly pressing that damn pedal.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    Goatbuster;3220825 said:
    I'm not impaired in any way, and I would still love this feature. It makes the difficult songs doable, because I don't have to focus on rapidly pressing that damn pedal.
    So...play on Hard instead of Expert?

That's like saying, "I wish there were an Auto-Orange feature for the guitar. Those damn Hard and Expert songs kill me cause I only have 4 fingers and can't hit that 5th fret!". If you're not disabled or impaired in any way, don't try to play above your skill level. Practice on an easier level until your skill improves, THEN play on Expert. :)
  • vedisvedis Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    i gots me a feeling this is one of many features going to rb3 that lego had, so many things in this game im loving
    i personaly like this cuz i got bad legs and its hard for me to keep pressing the peddle, it literaly hurts me
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm disabled and I can't work the pedal. I sold my drum kit, kinda depressed about that.

Now I'm considering buying a new drum kit. (Well, also for parties, but for myself too.) Sure, I can't play ALL my songs, but I can play enough of them to make it worthwhile thanks to this cheat.
  • GoatbusterGoatbuster Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3221084 said:
    So...play on Hard instead of Expert?

That's like saying, "I wish there were an Auto-Orange feature for the guitar. Those damn Hard and Expert songs kill me cause I only have 4 fingers and can't hit that 5th fret!". If you're not disabled or impaired in any way, don't try to play above your skill level. Practice on an easier level until your skill improves, THEN play on Expert. :)
    Except for it's too easy playing on hard. I like drumming the pads, but the pedal is just plain annoying for the upper-tiered songs.
  • raahsnavjraahsnavj Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I 100% agree. Medium is too tedious and leaves out a lot of fun hand work. Hard introduces irregular bass pedal stuff that takes a lot to get use to... The barrier of entry for no auto bass was just completely annoying. Now that I have auto-bass I actually like playing the drums again.
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    HeXcoda;3221943 said:
    I'm disabled and I can't work the pedal. I sold my drum kit, kinda depressed about that.

Now I'm considering buying a new drum kit. (Well, also for parties, but for myself too.) Sure, I can't play ALL my songs, but I can play enough of them to make it worthwhile thanks to this cheat.
    Walmart has them for $30
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    Goatbuster;3222049 said:
    Except for it's too easy playing on hard. I like drumming the pads, but the pedal is just plain annoying for the upper-tiered songs.
    Everyone should play this game the way they want but that's like.....playing Expert guitar with a setting that does not require you to strum ;)

I'm amazed you got to Expert level without getting used to incorporating the kick pedal though, it's interesting.

This is a great feature for people who can't physically use the kick pedal :)
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I am a drummer and I love this feature; it allows the casual player to bang away on the drums without feeling bad about how they play. Thumbs up, LRB!
  • JerryWBJerryWB Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Im all for it, but If it is in RB3 there's no way you should be able to use it in the endless setlist to get your platinum..... I practiced Visions for almost a month before i could beat that damn song. Also you shouldnt be able to get your scores on any kinda leaderboard. But besides that... im all for it :)
  • zeoavengerzeoavenger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    auto kick is a god send. The drum kit just became 50% less intimidating to casuals.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I've always been fine with adding this as a feature to a new game (but not with spending precious time to patch it into an existing one like RB2); but hopefully if this is ever added to RB3 it will disable achievements/trophies if ever used, much like the no-fail code. It is what it is -- a cheat. For casual gameplay and kids/disabled, it's a great tool, but if there are goals set by the game for meta-rewards beyond the game, then this should not be allowed to make getting them easier.

Now, in Lego Rock Band, where it's intended for the entry-level, family-friendly atmosphere, it might just allow you to get achievements (don't know yet, I'm picking up the game today after getting back in town) but hopefully that will not be the norm going forward.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    guitarheromasta;3220755 said:
    This.

I've seen plenty of threads on these forums asking for an auto-kick feature. Hopefully, this is implemented into Rock Band 3 for those that have medical problems.
    Hell, it should be patched into Rock Band 2 as soon as possible. I am sure it would be incredibly simple to do, especially since many RB2 demos had this function.

I think it's key for disabled people to be able to enjoy the drums and at the same time, it could be a great learning aid. The bigger hurdle of later drumming is de-syncing your foot to beat on its own, and you could first get down the arms and then add in the leg as you learn at your own pace.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    wcarnation;3223468 said:
    Hell, it should be patched into Rock Band 2 as soon as possible. I am sure it would be incredibly simple to do, especially since many RB2 demos had this function.
    Don't fall into this trap. Nothing is simple to patch into RB2. Also, every single patch has to be coordinated against multiple systems to try and achieve a simultaneous release -- lest we get yet another scenario where PS3 users feel put-upon and left out because the 360 gets something first...