A Delightfull Surprise for "Other" Drum Controllers in Lego: Rockband

edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Well whadaya know.

I was stoked to find out two features I can now use with my Roland TD-12 Drum Kit running via MIDI through a GHWT Drum Brain Box.

1) Velocity Sensitivity - My Roland drums are now velocity sensitive in game and in freestyle mode. This is KILLER because it keeps the drum fills mellow and lets you SEE if you are hitting with the right velocity for quiet or loud parts of the song. A good learning tool IMO. In RB2 it was all or nothing with this setup

2) Freestyle Mode - The drums now default to:

Red = Snare
Yellow = Closed HH Cymbal
Blue = MidishLow Tom
Green = Crash Cymbal
Kick = Kick.... derrrr.. ;)

This is far more practical for just horsing around when I dont feel like getting out my Drum Monitor. The velocity sensitivity also makes freestyle mode more "fun" IMO. I dont know why but in RB2 in freestyle, the yellow would sometimes be closed HH, sometimes Tom and green was almost always Tom but sometimes crash. No velocity sens of course, all or nothing.

Since I run a non-conventional setup I figured I would share this data with the group. This is all on a PS3.

Rock on!

Comments

• DiabloNeonXDiabloNeonX Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Doc, you never cease to amaze me.
  • Raymond1Raymond1 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Thanks, Doc. Hope to approach your level someday, but can't even get off square one right no -- I can't get the drums to connect for a Lego: Rock Band game on the Wii. Mic connects fine with its USB/cord, but system is not seeing my RB2 drumkit. I even got a second RB2 drumkit, same result.

Tech support just suggested updating my Wii software, but all our other games work fine, and can't find my USB cord to connect to the 'net.

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. Thanks.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I saw that as well, GHWT drums are Velocity Sensitive. But does the orange cymbal do anything, my friends one was broken at the time
  • woodwindpizzawoodwindpizza Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Awesome to hear! Thanks for pointing this out man! :)
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    the fills in lego rock band are horrible to say the least, can't even hear them, thought rock band 2 was bad.
  • snigglesniggle Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I have the GHWT adapter for the 360 and the velocity sensitivity does not appear to work. It's actually the opposite of RB2 in the sense that the fills are always extremely quiet versus the RB2 max volume.
  • mbnasir6mbnasir6 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    sniggle;3397234 said:
    I have the GHWT adapter for the 360 and the velocity sensitivity does not appear to work. It's actually the opposite of RB2 in the sense that the fills are always extremely quiet versus the RB2 max volume.
    That IS velocity, you are hitting it lightly which makes a light sound