Tt i am disappoint

AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
As soon as I saw Spinal Tap playing Short and Sweet I expected something to happen to the drummer. Then I was like =( when I reached the end of the song and nothing happened.

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Considering the facts that:
    This is a Lego game
    There is a rock power challenge focusing on blowing things up
    Spinal Tap are characters

I'm a bit disappointed too.
  • edited November 2009
    You mean like.... Death?
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3222246 said:
    You mean like.... Death?
    I think we could all settle for abduction by Securi-T-Rex.
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    hawkofva;3222307 said:
    Or puffing into green smoke
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited November 2009
    They had it in GH 2 so it's not like they can't do it.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited November 2009
    The fact that money was wasted on turning Spinal Tap into minifigs is the only disappointing of this game for me.

Well, that's definitely an exaggerated statement, but I don't feel that they warrant enough popularity to deserve to be LEGO-tized.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    Eh, it's been done.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;3222374 said:
    The fact that money was wasted on turning Spinal Tap into minifigs is the only disappointing of this game for me.

Well, that's definitely an exaggerated statement, but I don't feel that they warrant enough popularity to deserve to be LEGO-tized.
    SonicRocker15X;3222245 said:
    Considering the facts that:
    This is a Lego game
    There is a rock power challenge focusing on blowing things up
    Spinal Tap are characters

I'm a bit disappointed too.
    When I got to them in game, I thought, "I guess they kind of warrant the Minifig treatment", as well as, "If that drummer doesn't comically explode, I'm going to be deeply disappointed", and with anticipation, I sang "Short and Sweet". I was then met with the aforementioned deep disappointment.

I could see it partially being due to kids not getting the reference/on screen violence against a minifig. Even a little *POOF!* and the character disappearing would suffice. Kids could be told that the drummer likes magic tricks, or something.
    edited November 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;3222374 said:

This Is Spinal Tap was an extremely popular movie especially among musicians back when it was originally released.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    A missed opportunity indeed. Oh well, at least we get the mini-figs.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    That people on these forums don't appreciate Tap makes me cry a little. Okay.....A LOT. :(
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited November 2009
    o1skinneej;3223277 said:
    That people on these forums don't appreciate Tap makes me cry a little. Okay.....A LOT. :(
    Me too, its one of my favorite movies! Having Spinal Tap in the game is really something I like a lot and don't really care about what others say about it. I do however wish 90% of their songs weren't blocked from LEGO.

But yes, it is upsetting the drummer doesn't poof.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited November 2009
    Do not be disappoint.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited November 2009
    AerithLovesTifa;3222983 said:
    This Is Spinal Tap was an extremely popular movie especially among musicians back when it was originally released.
    But their music is no longer relevant, especially since they're essentially a parody band.

The same can't be said for Queen, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Blur; all artists that have forever impacted the course of music and/or are music icons.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    A New Pyro Fool;3223539 said:
    But their music is no longer relevant, especially since they're essentially a parody band.

The same can't be said for Queen, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Blur; all artists that have forever impacted the course of music and/or are music icons.
    Blur?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited November 2009
    hawkofva;3222307 said:
    Or a gardening accident.
  • JuniorpopJuniorpop Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Mex;3223596 said:
    Blur?
    i think thats why he put "and/or music icons.
  • ZephielZephiel Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I don't think Spinal Tap are all that popular to the kids (and I'm sure Blur isn't that well known to them either), but HMX and Spinal Tap are like coworkers, they communicate often.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited November 2009
    Juniorpop;3223715 said:
    i think thats why he put "and/or music icons.
    They're music icons?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    MattyT;3222740 said:
    I could see it partially being due to kids not getting the reference/on screen violence against a minifig.
    Oh c'mon now. ALL of the other Lego games are BASED on violence against minifigs. Shooting them, whacking them with a whip/Batarang/pipe, blowing them up with grenade launchers, etc.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Okay. I love Blur. Let's get that straight.

But Spinal Tap will forever be more relevant to music than Blur.

They certainly deserve the min-fig treatment. But anyway, it's disappointing not to see "Stonehenge" pass the filter, and not to see my drummer explode. Or an opening cinematic of them lost on their way to the stage. Or...

You know what? I'm just gonna go watch This is Spinal Tap again.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm surprised he didn't blow up after playing that terribly unfun song on drums. Great on guitar but the drums.. ugh.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Because music games are hurting so bad for even more jokes rehashed off Spinal Tap.
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It's worth pointing out the initial Blur poster was English so those over the pond won't realise just how big they were and how huge the Blur/Oasis thing was in the 90s and just how influential are were to British Indie. Another sign of how different our musical cultures are. Any of you who like the recent British guitar bands can thank Blur and their influence on kids growing up during this era. They're (almost) single handedly responsible for preventing our sole product being boy/girl bands for the decade.
    edited November 2009
    lanky316;3226694 said:
    It's worth pointing out the initial Blur poster was English so those over the pond won't realise just how big they were and how huge the Blur/Oasis thing was in the 90s and just how influential are were to British Indie. Another sign of how different our musical cultures are. Any of you who like the recent British guitar bands can thank Blur and their influence on kids growing up during this era. They're (almost) single handedly responsible for preventing our sole product being boy/girl bands for the decade.

Its also worth pointing out that Spinal Tap was British
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    No the Tap were American actors pretending to be British ;)
    edited November 2009
    lanky316;3227425 said:
    No the Tap were American actors pretending to be British ;)
    Still according to the movie they were a British band
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Rock_Starman;3222370 said:
    They had it in GH 2 so it's not like they can't do it.
    Guitar Hero 2 = T for Teen.
    LEGO Rock Band = E for Everybody.

See the difference?
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Spinal Tap and Blur are/were both fairly huge in UK. And Spinal Tap's pretty high in their comedy/parody genre.

Since theirs a bunch of bands in it that I thought were HMX bands (or equivalent) til I checked and they turned out to be english ones, I'm guessing someone on the board was british, so it generally makes sense.