I Can't Stop Playing Ghostbusters!

samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I can't believe I forgot how ridiculously catchy that song is.

When I hear the opening start to kick in, I feel like I'm 9 years old again.

I really hope that HMX can throw us more "poppy", non-"rock" tunes in the future.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I must admit, I am enjoying the whole game quite a bit and I honestly did see it as a track pack.... at first.

Lots of fun and fond memories of a youth gone by involved with this game.

Ghostbusters is a great example.

I need to snag a copy of that movie on Blue Ray.
  • o1skinneejo1skinneej Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I had troubles with the guitar part, sadly. I only barely 5 starred it.
    On drums though (the first time the song came up in the game) I was ready for it, but not ready for it being so incredibly fun. Plus, I wasn't expecting the drum solo so that was an awesome surprise!! :D

Lots of fun to play and holds a special place in my heart because the movies are 2 of my favorites.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It is an awesome song and it's great to see it on disk. When it was announced to be on the disk i was like "f**k yeah!".
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You're not alone, I can't stop playing this on drums either. Pretty much makes the 50$ purchase worth it.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3223590 said:
    I must admit, I am enjoying the whole game quite a bit and I honestly did see it as a track pack.... at first.

I need to snag a copy of that movie on Blue Ray.
    I have it and it's a great remastering of the print. It also has great features including cast reunions. I can't wait for Ghostbusters 3. (Finally in the works after the reunion for the videogame)
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    When I get my Australian mitts on this game, I'll be replaying the Rock Challenge so much.
  • edited November 2009
    Lawdog1521;3225715 said:
    I have it and it's a great remastering of the print. It also has great features including cast reunions. I can't wait for Ghostbusters 3. (Finally in the works after the reunion for the videogame)
    Sweet. Done deal then.

Thanks!
  • BertoneBertone Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    This song makes me 5 years old all over again, playing the Ghostbusters game for the Sega Master System and watching the Karaoke ball bounce over the lyrics to the song!
  • CJXJ220CJXJ220 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Busting makes me feel good!

I love the drum solo, easily my favorite song in the game
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I really need to pick up the 360 version, but Ghostbusters IS getting a lot of play on my DS
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I played the song on drums earlier, and I've gotta say, that drum solo was fun as hell. SRFC'd the solo.
  • KoennKoenn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    sonicnerd23;3229644 said:
    I played the song on drums earlier, and I've gotta say, that drum solo was fun as hell. SRFC'd the solo.
    Same here. I had the most ridiculous grin on my face throughout the entire song, but that solo especially is so much fun.
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    played the DS version, that song and the david bowie song are really starting to stick to me
  • BonzesBonzes Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I totally agree! We (Hubby and I) keep playing over and over too! I love that song and there is alot of great memories of watching the movie with our boys years ago! I keep wanting to watch videos as I am playing it ...Its cool!! Yup it sure is a catching tune! :)

Hey I know this might not be the place to ask this.... But we been trying to find out how we get to the office in our Den? WE looked in the book and it don't say..
    We haven't been able to figure out the Den yet? TRying to figure it all out before the grandkids come... Thanks for any help! It is a pretty cool game.
  • MetalLickaMetalLicka Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I bought the game for Ghostbusters, the fact that all the other great songs are on it is just a bonus for me. Oh and Doc don't bother with the blu ray on Ghostbusters, it's really really grainy.
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    So pumped to play this track.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Bonzes;3231398 said:
    I totally agree! We (Hubby and I) keep playing over and over too! I love that song and there is alot of great memories of watching the movie with our boys years ago! I keep wanting to watch videos as I am playing it ...Its cool!! Yup it sure is a catching tune! :)

Hey I know this might not be the place to ask this.... But we been trying to find out how we get to the office in our Den? WE looked in the book and it don't say..
    We haven't been able to figure out the Den yet? TRying to figure it all out before the grandkids come... Thanks for any help! It is a pretty cool game.
    The Office is the room directly to the right of the vehicle room, at the top of the staircase
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I barely made it through vocals the first time because I was laughing at the on-screen antics of the Lego-roadies.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    We've been having a blast playing Ghostbusters, too. The drum solo is indeed quite fun.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    ShadowChaosControl;3230152 said:
    played the DS version, that song and the david bowie song are really starting to stick to me
    Let's Dance will always make me think DDR. It's on one of the Japanese PS2 DDR games, with the music video showing in the background and all. Only downside is it's cut short, since DDR songs are always ~1 minute 30 seconds. So it was cool to finally hear the whole thing in LRB. Never heard it outside of these games yet.

I love Ghostbusters, but I haven't actually played it a ton. The song I pick the most in LRB is Summer of '69. It is LRB's most epic classic rock song, IMO.

(RB1's is Won't Get Fooled Again, RB2's is either Painkiller or Round and Round. I normally would've said Carry On Wayward Son but the number of times the RB2 World Tour and people online made me play it makes me avoid that song like the plague now.)
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Drum solo is fun.

Too bad you can't have that on the DS version.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    that song is epic, and the whole ghostbusting theme is probably the most epic and fun thing i ever saw in a rhythm music game.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I have to admit, busting does make me feel quite good. :) Just check out my pic and you'll tell why.
  • KBelangerKBelanger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I'll echo everybody's responses and say that we have been enjoying playing the song a lot! ... I ain't afraid of no ghosts!
  • sauhammsauhamm Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3223590 said:

I need to snag a copy of that movie on Blu-ray.
    there... i fixed it for you :)
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Favorite song in the game. Was one of the primary ones that made me interested in Lego Rock Band.

Song 2 helped a lot, also.
  • JdurgitJdurgit Banned
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, this song is great. Just like "Under Pressure", for some reason it just lifts my spirits and really makes me smile. Just a blast to play. I also smiled when "Crash" came up to play as I remember that song from Dumb And Dumber but had no ide who sang it. There are now quite a few movie songs in this game.
  • dragonflyrdragonflyr Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    samjjones;3223446 said:
    I can't believe I forgot how ridiculously catchy that song is.
    I really hope that HMX can throw us more "poppy", non-"rock" tunes in the future.
    agreed.

"ghostbusters" and songs like "crazy little thing called love" scream out to the fact that more pop stuff is needed.