Build your own Lego Rock Band Bus :)

SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Rock Band Bus Instructions

My son gets the Lego Club magazine and this months issue had a code you could enter on the website to get instructions to build your own Lego Rock Band Bus! I hope we have most of these pieces at home:D

Comments

  • edited November 2009
    Nice!

    I knew something like this was on the horizon.

    Now let me have my official Rockband Kits... now!

    OK... I can wait.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    That makes me wish I had some legos.
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3223771 said:
    Nice!

    I knew something like this was on the horizon.

    Now let me have my official Rockband Kits... now!

    OK... I can wait.
    I wish they would make it where you could buy minifigs of your band members, those would make Lego a killing! But it would be cool just to see the standard RB rockers with little Lego instruments:D

    Lego powers-that-be, make it so!
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223786 said:
    That makes me wish I had some legos.
    We got pretty lucky, my mom (who saves EVERYTHING) had pretty much all my Legos from when I was little, plus my kid brothers Legos, all saved and when my son got old enough to like them he inherited a ton of bricks! Add to that the sets we have bought him and well, lets just say we ought to be able to build about anything:p

    Looking at those instructions, the RB van may have some specialty pieces we don't have though. I guess with Legos you can always improvise:)
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    How did you find that? And are there others?
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223812 said:
    How did you find that? And are there others?
    On the LegoClub.com website there is a box where you can enter "codes" they give out in the Lego Club magazine. We got my son a subscription earlier in the year and they give out codes for various things every issue. In this months issue the code for the RB bus was at the bottom of the full page ad that Lego had for the LRB game. As of right now this is the only RB related item I know of but I'll check future issues to see if they release anything else:)

    If somebody has enough bricks to assemble this thing be sure to post some pics!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Im printing it out now. Looks like im going to the Legostore this weekend.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Interesting. I never heard anyone use Legos as the plural before this year. Is that canon?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3223841 said:
    Interesting. I never heard anyone use Legos as the plural before this year. Is that canon?
    Its an American thing.
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3223841 said:
    Interesting. I never heard anyone use Legos as the plural before this year. Is that canon?
    No, but this is:
    [ATTACH]5969[/ATTACH]
    Hehehe sorry for the cheesy-ness! I guess I have always used Legos and the plural. I never thought about if it was the proper term or not.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I post on another message board and they had a survey about this (kinda lame I know)

    And it turned out the majority of the people who refered to them as Legos where from America and Canada.

    I will always call them legos. I cant help it.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Nice find. Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, all I have are the under 3 friendly Duplos. I'm hoping they release some LRB mini-figures and instruments at least.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Figured it might be regional. Always just called it all Lego back home in Kiwiland.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Parodygm;3223903 said:
    Figured it might be regional. Always just called it all Lego back home in Kiwiland.
    How you refer the pieces. As Lego bricks?

    I think I will do the same poll on this site.
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223890 said:
    I post on another message board and they had a survey about this (kinda lame I know)

    And it turned out the majority of the people who refered to them as Legos where from America and Canada.

    I will always call them legos. I cant help it.
    Well I guess it fits, I am American and southern as well (so technically they could be pronounced Lay-go's by me ;) ) so the survey data holds pretty true. So what is the plural of "Lego" in other nationalities? Or do you just say "Lego sets" or "Lego bricks"?
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I have boxes and boxes of lego under my bed (my brother was a legomaniac growing up). I bet i could find all the pieces neccessary to build it - cool!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    SuperDaddy-o;3223918 said:
    Well I guess it fits, I am American and southern as well (so technically they could be pronounced Lay-go's by me ;) ) so the survey data holds pretty true. So what is the plural of "Lego" in other nationalities? Or do you just say "Lego sets" or "Lego bricks"?
    Check this out, I found this on some Lego fansite:

    Which is correct as the plural of LEGO:
    'Lego' or 'Legos'? Neither, actually. The word 'LEGO', when used as a noun, should only refer to the company that makes the product. Otherwise 'LEGO' is supposed to be used as an adjective. Thus, when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces' or whatever
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223839 said:
    Im printing it out now. Looks like im going to the Legostore this weekend.
    I have never been to one of the Legostores before so when you mentioned this I did some checking via the trusty ol' internet. With the build your own minifigs option (looky here) does that mean you can build your LRB band members? That would be pretty freakin' awesome. It looks like we have one about an hour away from us so I may need to check that place out as well:D
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223935 said:
    Check this out, I found this on some Lego fansite:

    Which is correct as the plural of LEGO:
    'Lego' or 'Legos'? Neither, actually. The word 'LEGO', when used as a noun, should only refer to the company that makes the product. Otherwise 'LEGO' is supposed to be used as an adjective. Thus, when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces' or whatever
    Very interesting......
    I guess you should also hold your pinky finger out while assembling your "Lego bricks" as well:D
    Like you though Ehfahq, I know I'll never really stop referring to them as Legos:p
    I guess for me proper and Lego just don't go together.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for this. Here's the link to LEGO's website to order pieces individually. I'm going to be all over this.

    link
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    SuperDaddy-o;3224039 said:
    I have never been to one of the Legostores before so when you mentioned this I did some checking via the trusty ol' internet. With the build your own minifigs option (looky here) does that mean you can build your LRB band members? That would be pretty freakin' awesome. It looks like we have one about an hour away from us so I may need to check that place out as well:D
    They are really cool stores. Theres one in Downtown Disney in CA. Ive been meaning to go down there again. Now I have a reason.

    You can buy legos by the bucket. So you can print that PDF and get pretty much what you need.

    Hopefully you will be able to find the same parts that are in the game for the minifigs. That would rule.
  • edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3224062 said:
    They are really cool stores. Theres one in Downtown Disney in CA. Ive been meaning to go down there again. Now I have a reason.

    You can buy legos by the bucket. So you can print that PDF and get pretty much what you need.

    Hopefully you will be able to find the same parts that are in the game for the minifigs. That would rule.
    LEGO Brick Engraving available at Orlando, Anaheim and Mall of America LEGO Stores!
    Visit the LEGO Stores in Orlando, Anaheim and Mall of America and get a brick engraved with your name on it! Call the LEGO Store to find out more information!
    This could get out of hand pretty damn quick.

    Yay for out of hand and being close to DTD!
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Im gonna laugh when I run into so-cal doc this weekend as we both reach for the last tire axle.
  • edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3224075 said:
    Im gonna laugh when I run into so-cal doc this weekend as we both reach for the last tire axle.
    Hehehe, I better call ahead and warn em.

    Does that store have the tables you can sit and build at?

    Rockband Party at The Lego Store!
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3224338 said:
    Hehehe, I better call ahead and warn em.

    Does that store have the tables you can sit and build at?

    Rockband Party at The Lego Store!
    So Doc, are Legos the one RB related item you can't void the warranty on?:D
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Doc_SoCal;3224338 said:
    Hehehe, I better call ahead and warn em.

    Does that store have the tables you can sit and build at?

    Rockband Party at The Lego Store!
    I think it does. We can build a drum set and a guitar and you can wire the guts into them.

    (did I just give you an idea!?!?!?)
  • edited November 2009
    SuperDaddy-o;3224367 said:
    So Doc, are Legos the one RB related item you can't void the warranty on?:D
    Hah! Ok thats funny.

    I think teeth marks void the warranty and I have a bad habbit of using my teeth for stuck bricks sooooo.... nope. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3224420 said:
    I think it does. We can build a drum set and a guitar and you can wire the guts into them.

    (did I just give you an idea!?!?!?)
    I was actually thinking as actual lego guitar would be pretty cool.

    Maybe just the body with an RB2 Strat Neck, I think I have an extra.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I bet Lego cymbal stands would work great too.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm trying to view the pdf, but all I get is white blankness.

    Help?
Sign In or Register to comment.