Does LRB's Calibration = RB2's Calibration?

billmcdougalbillmcdougal Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hey guys, I'm waiting to receive my copy of Lego Rock Band from Amazon and want to spend as little time messing with calibration as possible. From your experience, have you been able to just select the same calibration numbers that you have in Rock Band 2 and get the exact same results? If not, please list your two calibration levels, as maybe a simple formula could be used to convert the settings from RB2 to Lego Rock Band. Thanks!

Comments

• DarkspineslayerDarkspineslayer Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    it should be exactly the same, as the system hasen't changed other than the auto-calibration introduced in RB2
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Yep, in fact I'd recommend it. I went through autocalibration first and it gave me heftier lag values than usual. After testing, I decided it was off and reverted to more RB2-like numbers by manually setting them.
  • SuperDaddy-oSuperDaddy-o Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Interesting......
    Do you guys use the same calibration values for RB1 and RB2 as well?
    I am on the Wii by the way if that matters. Also, I think I had different values on TBRB when I rented it than the values I have for RB2. I just assumed they were all different but if that is not the case I need to try to get the numbers uniform across all my titles.
  • HysteriaHysteria Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I also went through the Auto-cal a few times and the numbers kept changing and I couldn't get it to feel right. Then I loaded RB2, checked the numbers and manually set LRB to the same. Now it plays just like RB2. So I'd say they are exactly the same.
  • billmcdougalbillmcdougal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the responses; that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I've never had any luck with any calibration technique other than just slightly changing the numbers in the direction suggested by the paper craft video whenever something felt off, and sure didn't want to have to do that again if things didn't completely match up this time.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    "Kung Fu Fighting" on expert guitar will quickly let you know how your calibration is as a test. :D
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Excellent news. Even though my RB2 calibration is still a little wonky, I'll be used to it and won't have to re-assimilate to new settings.