Listed Queen and Bowie DLC Inactive

ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Just a quick question. I have both the Queen and David Bowie DLC and these all show as greyed out in my LEGO Rock Band track list.

Since both of these artists appear in the game it seems odd to me that they'd be permanently unavailable so I'm assuming that I have to unlock them somehow?

Do I need to complete the game to do this?

Comments

• EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    When you unlock Queen and Bowie in the game, you can then play those songs.

Just chillax untill then.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223869 said:

I've played sets as both bands and that had no effect. I guess you mean unlocking actual figurines of the dudes?
  • tstlsoomtstlsoom Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    same here. thanks for pointing that out. i was wondering why i could play my bowie songs haha
  • GryffindorGryffindor Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I have the exact same problem.

Queen is the first band that is played so all of my other Queen songs should have opened then. They didn't.

I've unlocked Bowie and Heroes is still grayed out.
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It seems to only happen for setlists. One of my guesses is the Queen, Bowie, and Spinal Tap songs are meant to be played by their respective in-game band characters, which wouldn't be possible in setlists... but then, their on-disc songs CAN be chosen in setlists, so that makes little sense.

OP: Can you play those songs as single songs in free play? Or are they greyed out as both single songs AND in setlist mode?
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to have to test that out tomorrow. Off to a ball game tonight.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Yes I think it is really weird. I did a 3 random setlist and it picked Under Pressure as the first track.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223869 said:

I beat the game but still grayed out, but not in free play, just setlists. If I do random setlists, those songs can still pop up (Suffragette City came up for me, then a Spinal Tap song one)
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Gryffindor;3224033 said:
    Queen is the first band that is played so all of my other Queen songs should have opened then. They didn't.
    That's only the first time.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    They don't unlock after the 2nd time either.
    edited November 2009
    For whatever reason, it seems like they're just not supposed to be playable in setlists (which oddly includes the 1-song Build-a-setlists early on in story mode, which despite being only 1 song are still considered a setlist). Even in Free Play mode, they're grayed out when you choose Make a Setlist.

Why you can still pick their on-disc songs in Build-a-setlists, and why they still come up in random setlists, is a mystery, though... possibly an oversight? I dunno.
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    we are the champions unlocked once i played it in free play
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I don't think my Spinal Tap works either even though I've played Heavy Duty twice in random setlists. I've played the Spinal Tap thing in the Zoo but they're all still locked. I'd like to know howtf to get all these songs unlocked.
    edited November 2009
    They're only blocked in custom setlists (which is every custom setlist in Story mode, including 1 song sets). They should be available to play right from the start in Free Play... I went and checked with a new profile and new save, and they were all playable there.

I don't think there's any way to unlock them for setlists though. I don't know why not.
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    i think you have to play them separately in free play in order to be able to play them in free play setlists. as i said earlier, that happened with we are the champions. i tried it with i want it all earlier, and after i played it, i could play it in setlists.
    edited November 2009
    BigMonkE;3227658 said:
    i think you have to play them separately in free play in order to be able to play them in free play setlists. as i said earlier, that happened with we are the champions. i tried it with i want it all earlier, and after i played it, i could play it in setlists.
    Confirmed, I just tried that with Cups & Cakes, and it worked. Unfortunately, that only enables them in Free Play setlists (which I don't often use anyway), and not Story.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3223869 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • steeevjsteeevj Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    The latest patch (for the PS3, at least) fixes this issue.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    steeevj;3461789 said:
    The latest patch (for the PS3, at least) fixes this issue.
    We already know about the patch. Don't necropost unless you're adding something to the thread.
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    He did add something to the thread - there was no mention of the patch in it. Sometimes useful to add information like that to old threads, if it's relevant to the question, as these threads come up on Internet searches. Indeed, "Rock Band Queen Bowie DLC" in Google takes me straight here.

And, I'll add my own info - the patch currently isn't available, at least in the EU. It was for a short period at the end of last year, but has since vanished.