Full band 100% trophy/achievement is possible to solo

skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Anybody else a trophy/achievement whore and live alone? It's totally possible to get this alone, it took me about 10 minutes to get the coordination down. I set my ION brain on the floor and held both guitars, and set the mic next to my tv (Apollo 13 FC'd Charlene several times just now).

If you have every instrument set to Super Easy on Charlene, and tap on the drum brain (or one of the pads, was easier for me to just tap my big toe on the circle button) to where you're hitting in the intro kick and red, and also a note in between (breaking your combo of course, but oh well, that speed occurs several times in the song, and just doing a constant beat takes less focus) then hit both strum bars to that beat as well once the notes start flowing in, you'll get an easy 100% on everything. You start getting close to dying on bass, but never fully go down. The health gained from hitting notes outdoes the massive amount of overstrums you'll take, but you'll be almost dead right as the song ends. It's nice and short too, so restarting isn't much of a hit.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/cerb2k3/lego.jpg

Comments

• monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    That or you could, you know, have some friends come over...
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3224863 said:
    I moved recently. The closest friend is a 3.5 hour drive. :)
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Another reason why online was brilliantly removed from all the versions, huh. :(

But I might try to train my cats to play on super easy, instead of going all OMB on it.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3224863 said:
    If you're like me, you literally don't have enough friends who like this game IRL to assemble a four piece band.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    monkeyfish;3224863 said:
    My friends don't play these games enough to 100% anything. And no, I'm not going to force them to be bored playing on beginner just to get a 'Chieve.

I'll take this route. Which (if all goes well) leaves me with only Achievement I can't get (Final Countdown 100% solo)
  • zeoavengerzeoavenger Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    That's funny I was just coming to post this same thing. Just for kicks, I felt like trying for this achievement solo to see if it could be done. It took one try once I figured out a good way to set everything up.

I used Silver as my song. Also, you can't fail in Super Easy mode so overstrum/hit as much as you like.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I tried the above (two guitars on my left, my right hand to tap out, mic by the TV) and got 100% across the board on Charlene, but did not get the achievement.

It's not that I can't do it again ( I think I did it twice, the 100% across all 4), but it's a bit annoying when you don't get that credit.
    edited November 2009
    Is it an issue with not being signed into your gamertag? I know the 360 is finicky about that.
  • MasemMasem Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    skyttskytt;3231935 said:
    Is it an issue with not being signed into your gamertag? I know the 360 is finicky about that.
    No, as I had used that to also get the "complete a song with 4 players" on the first failed attempt.

I did get one of those "X friends online" messages durign one attempt, suggesting that I did lose connectivity to XBL at some point, but achievements do not require that to be awarded (they get synched up later if you do get them offline).

I will try again another day, it could just be a combination of factors.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I thought doing about this as well, but with "Doll" by the FF, slower and takes more time for other instruments to kick in.

However it seems to break combo/not register if the drum chart has 2 pads and you're only hitting 1. Am I doing something wrong here or is there a way to get 100% without simultaneously hitting 2 pads/buttons?
    edited November 2009
    ghostofjarjar;3232934 said:
    I thought doing about this as well, but with "Doll" by the FF, slower and takes more time for other instruments to kick in.

However it seems to break combo/not register if the drum chart has 2 pads and you're only hitting 1. Am I doing something wrong here or is there a way to get 100% without simultaneously hitting 2 pads/buttons?
    Hmm, it should work. There are sections of Charlene that have RY hits, and all I was doing was tapping the circle button with my toe, whatever pad that corresponds to, but it was only one input from me.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited November 2009
    I would have enjoyed seeing a video of this, haha
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I can confirm that hitting one pad counts as hitting two for Charlene so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other songs. I was hoping that hitting the pedal would work as hitting the drums to make this easier, but that didn't work. You can hit the drums for the pedal but you can't hit the pedal for the drums.
    edited November 2009
    kiggidykev;3233161 said:
    I would have enjoyed seeing a video of this, haha
    Heh, it wasn't all that interesting. There'd have been no song audio either, one reason I stopped recording anything. I play with my computer headset plugged into the TV, so it would have just been me sitting in my computer chair holding 2 guitars with my foot on the ION brain. :)
    NoThru22;3233242 said:
    I can confirm that hitting one pad counts as hitting two for Charlene so I don't see why it wouldn't work for other songs. I was hoping that hitting the pedal would work as hitting the drums to make this easier, but that didn't work. You can hit the drums for the pedal but you can't hit the pedal for the drums.
    I think the reason for that is super easy turns on auto kick pedal. That's why I put the drums on the floor (well disconnected the drum brain from everything else in my case) and just poked at the face buttons with my toe, kind of similar motion as just playing on the foot pedal heel-down too so it didn't feel all that awkward. Easier confirmation that something was hit, as you don't have to deal with pad sensitivity.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I did something like this, except I did it with "Thank You Boys" by Janes Addiction which is only 59 seconds long I believe.
    edited November 2009
    I didn't even think of Doll. I should try with that as well. Thanks for the heads up.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    "Something In The Way" worked out best for me! Its a slow constant beat and drums/bass only come in at 2 times in the song.

My set up was

1: A guitar laying flat on my lap as the bass,
    2: A guitar in the regular playing position right behind the horizontal lap guitar.
    3: RB1 Drums in front of that set up.
    4: Mic. pointed at speakers

I used my left hand to strum the 2 guitars (Thumb on main guitar, other fingers on "lap" guitar. And used my right hand to hit the button on the drums. I found this easier than to synchronize with my foot trying to hit the tiny drum buttons.

Once the drums kick in with the song, I focus on the drum charts and just strum the guitars simultaneously to the beat. Got it in about 3 tries.
    At least now I'll have everything but the Final Countdown :D
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Did this on Silver by The Pixies last night. Longer than Charlene or Thank You Boys but very very easy on all instruments.
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I almost had this yesterday...but my toe's are too fat to properly give me feedback as to when I hit the drum note.

I will try some other configs when I'm ready to put up with the feedback from the mic.
  • brett82brett82 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    to bad pollys not in this game or that would make it super easy
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I just did this with Charlene. I kept beat on my green pad and hit both guitars with my left hand in the same time. I tried to not look at the screen as that would just throw me off.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I was planning on doing this with We Will Rock You, since bass, drums, and (until the solo) guitar play the same thing.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    ghostofjarjar;3236357 said:
    "Something In The Way" worked out best for me! Its a slow constant beat and drums/bass only come in at 2 times in the song.

My set up was...
    Snipped for length, but that was EXACTLY how I did it too! Took 2 tries in total.

Finally, that song is useful! :rolleyes:
  • jaygradyjaygrady Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    badhack0x13;3270801 said:
    Snipped for length, but that was EXACTLY how I did it too! Took 2 tries in total.

Finally, that song is useful! :rolleyes:
    It took me 8 tries, but I did it.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I've decided not to even bother with this trophy because I found out that "The Final Countdown" solo is not gonna happen. No point in wasting the time with this one.