How can a character become a band member?

Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band

Comments

• Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Go to the shop, where you can change the appearance and name of all four of your band members using pieces from all the characters you unlock in story mode.
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited November 2009
    I mean, when you choose the band you wanna play in, you get the char screen. In it, there's MY BAND MEMBERS and MY CHARACTERS. What if I want one of those in my band?
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I think in LRB they literally have to be signed in as playing in the band when the band is made.
  • edited November 2009
    through hard work and a good audition
  • hawkofvahawkofva Rocks You Like A Hurricane
    edited November 2009
    You can't set your characters as stand-ins. They only appear as part of the band when someone is playing as that character.

If you want them to appear in the band, you must change the default stand-ins to look like your characters.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    MonkeyGoneToHeaven;3226038 said:
    through hard work and a good audition
    And they can't be an octopus.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Awesome_Tree;3226661 said:
    That is racist, you bastard! He eheheheeh, just kidding.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Awesome_Tree;3226661 said:

or a snake.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    You'll just have to edit the default stand-ins into your friend's characters. It should only take a minute, since the options aren't that complicated, and once one character buys a part, any character in that band can use it.
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Really poor design. I'm not sure why they skimped on so many basic features.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2009
    I didn't really have a problem with the way they handled it.

I mentioned in another thread, if you have already customized a stand in for a specific instrument, and then you join the game with that instrument, and go to create a new character, you're given the opportunity to name, save, and play as your existing custom character. So it's basically the same as RB2's stand-ins, only in reverse.