Two Princes drums - 42%

cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
So I finally reached Two Princes today, which was one of my most anticipated songs on LRB, and find the chart to be omgwtfbbq. Wife and I finished the song with 3 stars and me at 42% notes hit with a 33 note streak.

Anyone else find this chart ridiulously hard? Was he a lefty drummer? I've never seen any charts quite like this one.

Comments

• ZephielZephiel Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It took me a few tries to five star but you get used to it.

I still haven't five starred Aliens Exist yet, though.
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    lotr rocks 0;3227038 said:
    theres quite a few songs like that on L:RB imo. This one, the drum solos of real wild child, aliens exist, and Fire all have wtf drum parts.

Drums are definetely the hardest instrument on LRB
    Would have to agree with you there. Although, Kung Fu Fighting on guitar netted me a 52% first playthrough.
  • DarkEternal37DarkEternal37 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    90% for Two Princes for me on my first go. Not outright hard, just really annoying. I didn't have any problem with Real Wild Child either.
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I've always liked Aaron Comess's drums. Seeing the drum chart just reinforces how clever he is.
  • Watchmen89Watchmen89 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I believe it's the hardest drum chart in the game.
  • KoennKoenn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It's definitely a pretty bizarre chart at first glance. I didn't fail it at any point during my sightread, but I definitely came close. I started to catch on toward the end, though. It's pretty fun!
    edited November 2009
    Watchmen89;3227762 said:
    I believe it's the hardest drum chart in the game.
    I dunno, Fire is pretty ridiculous, although more so in the Who aspect of it, that is, rolls and fills all over the place.
  • CJXJ220CJXJ220 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I passed it on my sight read, but I still struggle with it.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Ride A White Swan is the hardest drum song. Just kidding
  • StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I passed Fire sightread without failing, failed Kung FU once my first try. Then got 1 star 56% on Two Princes.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I did a little better on Fire (94%) than Two Princess (91%).... but I think I had about a 20-30 note streak in Two Princess....
    edited November 2009
    Stewjoe;3231607 said:
    I passed Fire sightread without failing, failed Kung FU once my first try. Then got 1 star 56% on Two Princes.
    Yeah I failed Kung Fu on sight read two or three times, Fire only once though. Kung Fu is actually a pretty easy disco beat to manage and I haven't failed it since. Fire still has a few fills that are wtf and I only make it through without failing via overdrive/guitar's overdrive help. Two Princes - tried it again last night and got a 43%, yay. Moving on up!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I was really suprised. The drum beat of this song sounded so nice and I was so looking forward to play it and then DAMN... this is difficult. Too difficult to actually be fun to play... unfortunately :(
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I passed this but it was kind of a PITA beat. Aliens Exist failed me twice and Fire failed me once. Easily the two hardest drum songs. Kung Fu is fairly simple once you get the beat down.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    this song wasn't too bad when I actually played through it. I didn't fail at all and got a decent score, its just really tiring on my left arm.

Short and Sweet's drum beat really really annoyed me though....
  • TheHip41TheHip41 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    he's just a really good drummer. he has a tough beat with the bass going, not wtfbbq like panic attack, but it's a little off from what you would expect from that song.

also, he has a lot of ghost notes on the snare, and they chart them all

i got 2 stars, and failed like 3-4 times
  • Spoot_LepedusSpoot_Lepedus Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    This song was one of my favorites on LRB. I agree that it has a similar feel to Love Spreads, which I also enjoy. I did'nt immediately get a handle on the chart (even though I got 88%, it was an incredibly, awkward, painful, brain-hurts-from forcing-unnatural-limb-speration type experience) but have since finally settled into the increbily deceptive groove. I normally enjoy the funky,weird timing songs and shuffles (Black Friday, Don't Ease Me In, Ooby Dooby, Truckin', Perfect Drug,Testify SRV version,Head Over Feet, A Jagged G. Winter, Mellowship Slinky, Ted Just Admit It.....etc.) and have delveloped decent limb indepence, but this song incorporated a bass drum element on the snare thing (like Parasite or Love Spreads) and has an independent left hand synchopation type thing combined with I call the Ramblin' Man-make-your-neck-hurt-suck-shuffle, along with a Fake Friends-type-feel that can overwhelm the brain. Even with this type of song being my "forte", it was increbily difficult. I've got it bumped up to 96-97% but it still hurts to play, and some parts of it will probably never feel "natural" to me. Still, it falls squarely into the "funky/weird timing/shuffle" catagory and I feel compelled to master it. That Blink 182 song, though...entirely different situation.
  • wcarnationwcarnation Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Two Princes' bass chart is pretty peculiar too, I do agree that the intention of the percussion was to be odd in general

Also feeling the Aliens Exist notion and I kinda dropped off on that song as it's just another 'hurrr i hits da colur' Blink 182 song
    edited November 2009
    After the export, Aliens Exist is the only one I can't pass yet.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Doom, I still don't find songs like Aliens Exist hard at all if I pause it to rest several times in the song. It even has parts like Young that you have trouble at and I have no trouble with, yet you've passed songs that I can't pass.
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Two Princes' bass chart is pretty peculiar too, I do agree that the intention of the percussion was to be odd in general
    Mark White is an incredibly funky bass player, and the albums really mixed him down for the most part.
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3254815 said:
    Doom, I still don't find songs like Aliens Exist hard at all if I pause it to rest several times in the song. It even has parts like Young that you have trouble at and I have no trouble with, yet you've passed songs that I can't pass.
    Different Strokes. LOL. Young is no problem anymore as I've gotten better at disco beats. I only played Aliens twice so I'll probably pass it but it will be ugly. Everyone has their strengths like one guy in another post who FC'ed Bad Reputation but fails at Panic Attack/Painkiller. Plus I don't like pausing during songs. I just wack my forearms with the sticks and yell "More Cowbell!!!!"
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    This song kicks my ass. The first time I played it was at the end of a long session and I just turned the game off. Last night I played it again and got 91%. Barely.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    I tried this today and failed out at about 15%. Have not tried it again, but I will....

Man it is way more difficult than I thought at first.
    edited November 2009
    I don't remember my %age but I think it was like 93-94. I got 4.5 stars ranked 45th/94. Not very good. Kind of reminds me of a more complex version of Head Over Feet which I did much better in.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It's an odd pattern in the context of RB, but it's really just a rudimentary ghost-note groove. It's just a case of working on coordination and practicing the pattern. Fire and Aliens Exist are much more technically challenging.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I couldn't hold a streak for the life of me in this song, but I passed it with 93% or so. Fire is a piece of cake, personally, but Aliens Exist - the only song on disc that I haven't passed yet - ugh.