Why Is The Disc Required For Export?

dxbrbnkdxbrbnk Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
\rant

Why is the LEGO Rock Band disc required for export? I payed for the game (but traded it in) and have an export code. Plus, with all of the errors people are having through the LEGO Music Store, It doesn't make much sense. Nowhere on the box, the export slip, or the export site does it say "disc required for export download". You can't even tell if you need the disc through the Export Option in the Music Store. And it's not like you are coping files from the disc like RB1, it's just a download.

They should have made it so that you need the export file to access the option to purchase the export. They did that but they didn't do a very good job.

I also realize that we really don't know who is the cause for all of this (Either Microsoft or Harmonix).

Please let anyone who has the small export file access the actual export pack through Rock Band 1 or Rock Band 2. (e.g. You must have the small file in order for an option to come up in RB1/2 to download the export)

Please, somebody do something!

/rant

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Why the hell would they put "Disc required" on the case for the game? They assume that if you bought the game and have the export code that you will *gasp* HAVE THE GAME! They aren't going to change it. That's what you get for trading in the game right after you got the code. Now you get to rent it for your export or find someone who has the game.
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    They did it partly to discourage people from doing exactly what you did... getting the game, taking the code, and tossing the game aside.

(also to prevent people from just stealing the code without even buying the game at all)
  • dxbrbnkdxbrbnk Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Kariodude;3226923 said:
    Why the hell would they put "Disc required" on the case for the game? They assume that if you bought the game and have the export code that you will *gasp* HAVE THE GAME! They aren't going to change it. That's what you get for trading in the game right after you got the code. Now you get to rent it for your export or find someone who has the game.
    Why? Because it's a simple warning. It's two simple words. "DISC REQUIRED". And it's an actual download, not really an export.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Can you give one example of a game ever being so redundant as to say "DISC REQUIRED" on any of it's material? You have a little insert that's supposed to be right next to the disc inside the case. It's perfectly reasonable for them to expect you to have the disc as well as the insert.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    NOTE: To play HALO 3 and it's content, you MUST posess the DISC included in this box, the manual is not enough to play the game!

^doesn't that sound stupid and redundant?

its the exact same thing for the export code, if you buy the game its assumed that you have the game!
    edited November 2009
    lotr rocks 0;3227021 said:
    NOTE: To play HALO 3 and it's content, you MUST posess the DISC included in this box, the manual is not enough to play the game!

^doesn't that sound stupid and redundant?

its the exact same thing for the export code, if you buy the game its assumed that you have the game!
    You actually NEED the disc to play the content for H3. You DON'T NEED Lego disc to play them in RB2. You just need to download an export pack.

Whatever just drop it, we're arguing over the internet it's stupid.
    edited November 2009
    To be fair, the various track pack exports never required the discs... but then, this is more than a track pack, it's a new game. It's foolish to blindly assume that the export will work the same way.
  • edited November 2009
    You needed the RB1 disc to export RB1 so why would you not assume the same for Lego?

Thusly, you are the author of your own fate.

Shenanigans!

Get the brooms....
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You have to giggle at the buy'n'traders getting caught out on this one.
  • blurrg1blurrg1 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    ur all right and wrong. with rb1 they do tell u that u need to export the songs from the disc,but as stated here also all the track packs dont need the disc just code on the back......including the new metal pack with has songs that cant be dl yet. All that being said you all saved me from getting it myself. i will just borrow my littles brothers and take his code
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    more like, why do you need a code to export? i rented it hoping i could. but you can't. oh well.
    edited November 2009
    BigMonkE;3227652 said:
    more like, why do you need a code to export? i rented it hoping i could. but you can't. oh well.
    You just answered your own question. The code's there so people can't get it cheaper by just renting a copy.
  • ExplodingTurnipsExplodingTurnips Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    lanky316;3227107 said:
    You have to giggle at the buy'n'traders getting caught out on this one.
    I know I did. :]
    Hurray for keeping the game. I enjoy it.
    edited November 2009
    I guess I'm going to Old Navy on Black Friday...
  • TrogdonTrogdon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    because they don't want what happened with the Guitar Hero games. You can literally take a manual from Blockbuster and get access to the songs
  • LORDJUJULORDJUJU Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    You should have just kept it and played it. The game is so much fun.
    edited November 2009
    LORDJUJU;3227864 said:
    You should have just kept it and played it. The game is so much fun.
    the game was ok. What made me trade it in was the lack of replayability (is that even a word?). Sure there was some access DLC, but I have over 200 tracks (excl. RB1). Only 50 or so of those tracks were available in the game. Also, slow loading times and slow Tour menu (switching between 'vehicles' was slow).

I may get it again (used of course) when it's around $20 (what I got for the trade in). So It would be like I never traded it in.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Y'know, I'm glad HMX made the system this way so that people get screwed up if they don't realize what's going on.
  • KoennKoenn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Why wouldn't you have kept the game for the 30 minutes or however long it takes to export before returning it?
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Nulien;3226964 said:
    They did it partly to discourage people from doing exactly what you did... getting the game, taking the code, and tossing the game aside.

(also to prevent people from just stealing the code without even buying the game at all)
    This, and even like people who only rented RB1 just for the disc without the code. The only way to do it now is to have both of them, which slims the cheapness of people like you down quite a bit ;) It sucks, but eh thats what you get
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Shouldn't the fact that you need the disc to load the game up, go into the Lego Music Store and use the Export option there key in to the fact that you need the disc to export?
  • DrEeviilDrEeviil Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    dxbrbnk;3226907 said:
    \rant

Please, somebody do something!

/rant
    /point
    /laugh

How's that?
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I'm really surprised to hear of people having this problem. The very first thing I did when I got the game yesterday was export the songs. I wanted to make sure I had the songs available for RB2 before I even played LRB. I wanted to play LRB, but the export was the #1 reason I bought the game so that came first. If you're that concerned about exporting, I figure that would be your first thought too, instead of playing the game a little, selling it, and then trying to export.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    dxbrbnk;3226907 said:
    *snip*
    To summarize:

"I'm pissed at Harmonix because I wasn't able to use the code I stole from a Gamestop shelf-copy to export the game. Why should I have to pay money when stealing is a much cheaper option?

...Also wah."
This discussion has been closed.