Ten, but no Backspacer... WTF?

BlazezBlazez Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm kinda surprised most of the Ten songs from PJ got on Lego. (Black, Jeremy, and Once Didn't make it, shocker). But only 3 songs got on for Backspacer. (The Fixer, Speed of Sound, and Unthought Known.) Do the others have swear words or something.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    There are issues being sorted with the filter and I suspect what we see now is not a final revision.

Maybe.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    I just wish they would let all of the songs import, then I would just play this game only.
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Was thinking the same exact thing. What are the possible objections to "Just Breathe," "Force of Nature," or "Amongst the Waves"?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3227111 said:
    I just wish they would let all of the songs import, then I would just play this game only.
    I think there needs to be an on off switch with it. If the account has parental controls or no account signed in with all controllers on do the filter, but if they don't have parental controls on and are signed in normal. Restrict access to the store if parental controls are on too.
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Blazez;3226971 said:
    I'm kinda surprised most of the Ten songs from PJ got on Lego. (Black, Jeremy, and Once Didn't make it, shocker). But only 3 songs got on for Backspacer. (The Fixer, Speed of Sound, and Unthought Known.) Do the others have swear words or something.
    Well, Black specifically references "she spread her legs before me" so that answers that one. I believe Jeremy has references to death in it.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    cweaver8518;3229181 said:
    Well, Black specifically references "she spread her legs before me" so that answers that one. I believe Jeremy has references to death in it.
    Jeremy was mostly based on a real life event in which a teen who was abused killed himself with a shotgun in front of his whole class in school. Yeah, kinda explains that.
  • KidmittKidmitt Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Well, Black specifically references "she spread her legs before me" so that answers that one.
    That's a misheard lyrics right there. It's actually:

Sheets of empty canvas
    Untouched sheets of clay
    Were laid spread out before me
    As her body once did
    Although that is similar. I'd attribute the song being blocked due to the dark theme and not any particular lyrics.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I thought it was "her legs spread out before me" forever (doesn't help the 10 CD doesn't have a full lyrics sheet). I think singing it in RB2 was how I found out the "real" lyrics.

Actually, I still sing the Mondegreen.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Actually, I bet Black is censored be cause of "I know she gave me all that she wore."
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    General Lein979;3229000 said:
    I think there needs to be an on off switch with it. If the account has parental controls or no account signed in with all controllers on do the filter, but if they don't have parental controls on and are signed in normal. Restrict access to the store if parental controls are on too.
    Or if you just had to pay some token amount to buy a DLC Filter Off switch. (Kids typically don't have credit cards, and a parent would generally have the store pass-locked). Even if they got in the store and used a PSN card to get around all that, it still fires you an email about funds added and purchase confirmation.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    XacharyCross;3230375 said:
    Or if you just had to pay some token amount to buy a DLC Filter Off switch. (Kids typically don't have credit cards, and a parent would generally have the store pass-locked). Even if they got in the store and used a PSN card to get around all that, it still fires you an email about funds added and purchase confirmation.
    As it has been pointed out in numerous threads: With an "off" switch, the ratings boards would have to rate the game with the proposed filter switch "off", which would lead the game to the Teen rating that RB1 & RB2 possess, which LEGO would not allow.

Precedent: GTA: San Andreas and the "Hot Coffee" controversy.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3227111 said:
    And then it couldn't be rated E. Thus it wouldn't be a "family friendly" title. Thus, it would've defeated the purpose of making it.
    MattyT;3230918 said:
    As it has been pointed out in numerous threads: With an "off" switch, the ratings boards would have to rate the game with the proposed filter switch "off", which would lead the game to the Teen rating that RB1 & RB2 possess, which LEGO would not allow.
    *THIS*

Though it's become painfully obvious over the past few years that people just don't get this...no matter how many times it's explained.
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Someone want to clue me in on what the "Hot Coffee" controversy was?
  • Ghengis KhakGhengis Khak Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    cweaver8518;3231451 said:
    Someone want to clue me in on what the "Hot Coffee" controversy was?
    google ftw
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Coffee_minigame_controversy
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    To summarize Hot Coffee: Games are now rated in regards to ALL possible content.

Example - Brutal Legend features the ability to censor all profantiy and violence. However, because the violence and profanity is within the game, it must be rated for that content.

Same would apply to any "setting" that would remove the filter/censorship within Rock Band games.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Speaking of the DLC filter, I was surprised (and slightly amused) that I was able to play Pearl Jam's "Why Go" in LEGO.

If you're wondering why that's a big deal, there is a muted "F" word in it. Seemed strange to me. Is it an error, or can anyone else confirm that they can play it?
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    striderblack;3232565 said:
    Speaking of the DLC filter, I was surprised (and slightly amused) that I was able to play Pearl Jam's "Why Go" in LEGO.

If you're wondering why that's a big deal, there is a muted "F" word in it. Seemed strange to me. Is it an error, or can anyone else confirm that they can play it?
    I guess if censor-worthy words are blanked out, and the song by and itself isn't too scary and/or sexual lyrics-wise, it's good to go. One of the Morningwood DLC songs had...another word for female dog blanked out, presumably so it would work in LRB.
  • KoennKoenn Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    striderblack;3232565 said:

Yeah, "Why Go" is definitely in LRB, I played it yesterday. It's interesting that they included it because of both the (censored) lyric and the dark theme of the song (a girl being admitted a mental institution and rejecting her mother for agreeing to put her there).