Lots of covers art missing

DekieonDekieon Rising Star
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
So what is with so many songs not having the cover art show when I have a song selected?

Comments

• Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    My best guess would be inappropriate content, but then again "enema of the state" album art is on disk.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Are they on disc or DLC?

I know Ghostbusters and Accidentally in Love have none, most likely because they were licensed from movie soundtracks.
  • edited November 2009
    Some of them were licensed from movie soundtracks, but in the case of Accidentally in Love, the Shrek 2 soundtrack cover art appeared when they were shopping the game around at conventions this past summer.

I'm surprised that they left them empty, though, because even if they didn't have permission to use it for the final version, they could have just used a later album by the band itself that the song first appeared on (or use original cover art like with Still Alive and the Styx and Devo DLC). On the other hand, both Lego and Rock Band 2 left some of the original art out, even when they were used in the music store, like the one for Charlene and Promised Land (which was also from a movie; The Rocker).

As far as content worries, I doubt that, especially considering that the album art for Something in the Way is visible both in Lego's music store and the song select menus (yeah, that shocked me, too).

Bands That Rock Band Needs as DLC
    []Huey Lewis & The News
    []Poison
    []Whitesnake
    []Bruce Hornsby
    []Heart
    []Yes
    []Scorpions
    []Skid Row
    [X]Bryan Adams (now give us Heaven and Run to You)
    []Twisted Sister
    []Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    []Classic Guns 'N Roses
    [X]REO Speedwagon (may I suggest another pack with Keep On Lovin' You, Time For Me To Fly, and Can't Fight This Feeling?)
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Personally, I think they should just get all the album art, we are the ones paying for it not them.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Dekieon;3228099 said:
    Personally, I think they should just get all the album art, we are the ones paying for it not them.
    That makes... No sense... Whatsoever...

They have to pay for the ability to display the artwork, no matter what.
    If it's a movie franchise they need to pay more because, guess what, it's a trademarked movie!
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3228118 said:

If it's a movie franchise they need to pay more because, guess what, it's a trademarked movie!
    Bingo, but I would like to see original artwork as well :(
  • scorpionspupilscorpionspupil Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Nice to still see the Silver Surfer sitting prett atop the difficulty lists though :P
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3228118 said:

DUH!!! of course they pay for it to begin with, but then we pay for it when we buy it.

Do you know what profit means? Let me explain it to you....Profit is the money that a company makes after all expenses are covered from selling goods and/or services to customers. They pay the record company/movie company for the rights, then we pay harmonix to get the song. All the electricity they pay for, employee benefits, land taxes, building rent, salaries, eveything is paid for by their customers as long as the company is making a profit at the end of the year. Profit means no loss. I didn't think I needed to explain simple economics in my forum post and chose to keep my post short, but obviously some people just have no clue and need their hand held to be able to understand a simple concept.

Harmonix made somthing like 4 billion in profit last year, so obviously there isn't a lose going on.

So ya, GUESS WHAT...It does make sense.