A plea to Harmonix

Sgt-RaccoonSgt-Raccoon Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Dear Harmonix I have been a loyal customer since the original Rock Band. Between 2007 and now I have purchased Rock Band Special Edition, Phase, and The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition which I have downloaded Abbey Road for. I think your such a wonderful company to a point were I stopped a random person at Best Buy from buying Band Hero and got her to buy Lego Rock Band. Today I was playing TBRB when my dog ran through the living room and pulled my PS3 off the top of my fireplace mantel and straight to the floor:eek:. It now will not read any discs and is chipped in the upper right corner:(. I am devastated that this has happened. I have only had TBRB since the ninth of September and was so pumped up to download Sgt.Peppers. I can not afford another PS3 and am asking if Harmonix or any one else will help me replace it. My email address is [email]Kebertxela@rocketmail.com[/email]. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sgt-RACCOON

Comments

• quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Call Sony, you probably have a warranty on it, just don't tell them the part about the falling.
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    quinaking;3228007 said:
    Call Sony, you probably have a warranty on it, just don't tell them the part about the falling.
    That's the best thing to do, lamentably my warranty is void... I really have to take care of my PS3.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Just wondering... If you lie about the falling, what do you tell them instead?
  • Sgt-RaccoonSgt-Raccoon Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I bought a used 20GB model in 2007 it has no warrenty. And its pretty obvious buy the piece missing that it fell. I'm 15 and am not to lazy to work. I do random odd jobs for people so some times its hard to make money since I can't get a job job yet.
  • KingfishKingfish Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    OR...depending on the situation, might be worth making a call to your insurance company. If you have a $100 deductible, they might be able to help.

Better be VERY "creative" and firm on your story though...good luck!

You could sell the dog to help recoup some of the price...or build the "Fluffy Will Die II" website where you hold your own dog ransom if people don't donate say, $500.00 by Dec. 1st you're going to have Rover put down for his/her violations of home safety rules, i.e., NO RUNNING IN THE HOUSE!!!

Just trying to help ya think outside the box...and as unlikely as those above suggestions are to work they are MILES more likely than someone at HMX giving you something cause of an unruly pet.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry for your loss, what a great idea...

Dear BMW...

;)

J/K

You might be able to get it repaired or since people go nutty for early PS3's you might be able to sell it as parts for enough to get a new Slim.

Sony fixed a 500.00 digital camera that I dropped down the stairs for a flat fee of 100.00.

"]You might plug in your info here and see what the fee is.

Actually, its 149 bucks "Flat Fee" for a 20GB PS3. I just checked.
    edited November 2009
  • JuniorpopJuniorpop Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Sorry to hear about this.

But how did you pay for those special editions? Just do what ever you did to get money to buy TB:RB SE on release day and dlc.

Though if someone else paid for those things, then they are the loyal customer.

Just sayin
    edited November 2009
    I have no money because I paid for those special editions! I am doing everything I can right now. Tonight I'm babysitting tomorrow I'm painting a fence and on Monday I’m helping a neighbor move. I have wonderful parents but I won’t let them buy me anything like that. If I didn’t work for it I didn’t earn it.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    The picture doesn't work. The way you sent it... Yeah. You have to send the url of the image itself, not the page in which you can see the image.
  • Stig_the_PigStig_the_Pig Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Hmm... i'd just buy a PS3, and don't spend too much money on other things, but I don't know what your financial situation is like...
  • Billy-93Billy-93 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    If hmx dont buy you one you should save up or wait till xmas and get the ps3 slims, if they do buy you a new ps3 that will be amazing of hmx.
    edited November 2009
    Ok I cant find the URL but I made it my profile pic. She was just playing and tripped over the cord.
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    So wait you don't want to ask your parents for money (I don't see why they wouldn't help you out since it broke by accident) but your okay with taking money from HMX?
    edited November 2009
    I've bought hundreds of dollars of stuff from HMX. I think they could show a little love and get me a new one. :)
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited November 2009
  • sevenduffssevenduffs Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Sgt-Raccoon;3229717 said:
    I've bought hundreds of dollars of stuff from HMX. I think they could show a little love and get me a new one. :)
    I think most people here have bought hundreds of dollars of stuff made by Harmonix. You really shouldn't get something for nothing.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Sgt-Raccoon;3228327 said:
    I have no money because I paid for those special editions! I am doing everything I can right now. Tonight I'm babysitting tomorrow I'm painting a fence and on Monday I’m helping a neighbor move. I have wonderful parents but I won’t let them buy me anything like that. If I didn’t work for it I didn’t earn it.
    Its good to know kids nowadays know what a hard days work really is. Good for you. Unfortunately hard word and cold hard cash aren't enough to get HMX to get you a new PS3 I'm afraid. Yes you have given HMX hundreds of your dollars but they unfortunately cannot help you (as people have already mentioned). But I sympathize with your plight. I'd probably be searching for any and all options to replace my damaged system.

I'd give some tips but there's really nothing anyone can do. You could call Sony and maybe they'll repair it, but for a fee of $149. Only thing I can recommend is to keep doing what you're doing. Save up more money a buy a Slim (X-mas is around the cornr so save up them gift cards and them 20s from grandma). They're cheaper and [I'm assuming] lighter. Also, when you do get one, you can link your old PSN account with the new one so you don't have to pay for your DLC again.

Oh, and I'd also find a better place to put it. Preferably someplace close to the ground and out of the way.;)
  • King_JackalopeKing_Jackalope Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Sgt-Raccoon;3228327 said:
    I have wonderful parents but I won’t let them buy me anything like that. If I didn’t work for it I didn’t earn it.
    But you are ok with a stranger over the internet sending you money to pay for it? Would that be considered "earning it"? Seems like if you had too much pride to ask your parents for money that you could pay them back for you'd be very against asking strangers to foot the bill that you have no way of paying back.

Anyway I'd say "good luck" but I really wouldn't mean it. Work as you are and it will come fast or just save up the $149 that it would take to fix your PS3.
  • edited November 2009
    Uhh somehow I think Harmonix has other plans with their money that don't involve giving it to you because your dog broke your PS3. like dive into a giant room full of it scrooge mcduck style
  • IColinoIIColinoI Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Dear Harmonix I have been a loyal customer since the original Rock Band. Between 2007 and now I have purchased Rock Band Special Edition, Phase, and The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition which I have downloaded Abbey Road for. I think your such a wonderful company to a point were I stopped a random person at Best Buy from buying Band Hero and got her to buy Lego Rock Band. Today I was playing TBRB when my 12 year old brother crashed my Bentley into the living room and hit my dog which bumped into my PS3. It now will not read any discs and is chipped in the upper right corner. May I also add that this chip damage is quite annoying as it makes the gloss on my PS3 inconsistent and that very much creates negative urges because of my OCD. I am devastated that this has happened. I have only had TBRB since the day it came out (yea this sentence makes no sense, deal with it, I have a Bentley) and was so pumped up to download Sgt.Peppers for free once I convinced you that my dog ate m ethernet cable while I was purchasing the DLC (Oops). I can not afford another PS3 and am asking if Harmonix or any one else will help me replace it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, if Mr. Rigopulos could sign me a check for $400.000 for repairs on the Bentley and my living room, that would be nice of you.

You can add the funds via my paypal or wired check, your choice. Please PM me 3 days in advance so that I can prepare for the transfer.

Colino
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Ouch, harsh post above is harsh.

Sucks about your PS3, though.

Do what I did to raise money, sell stuff on eBay. I got £15 for my old N64 that I rarely played on. Just bite the bullet, get rid of some old games. Work hard, work fast, Christmas is coming up.

If you can wait until Christmas without a PS3, raise all the money you can, then ask your family members to chip in. But put a bit of money on the side to get them presents as well :p.

Of course, all this is assuming you celebrate Christmas.
  • IColinoIIColinoI Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3229944 said:
    Ouch, harsh post above is harsh.
    You know what's harsh? Life!
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    You know what else is harsh? Having your PS3 break, posting about it on an internet forum and getting mocked about it.

You know what's very easy? Walking away from pointless internet arguments like this one.
  • cheng2009cheng2009 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3229971 said:
    You know what else is harsh? Having your PS3 break, posting about it on an internet forum and getting mocked about it.

You know what's very easy? Walking away from pointless internet arguments like this one.
    well said.
    edited November 2009
    It’s kind of like a joke. It really happened but I don’t expect them to pay for it. Think I've paid for the Playstation, accessories, and about 15 games (including the Rock Band series) just for it to come crashing to the floor. That’s a lot of money thrown away. And if a collage student will give one away the millionaires at HMX can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzGo-MvinIA
  • ChaouseChaouse Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Are you a nigerian prince?
    edited November 2009
    If I was I would go buy a new PS3 today! Invite everyone on the Rock Band forums to come to the castle and play TBRB! All would be well in the kingdom.:D
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3229971 said:

I second that.
    edited November 2009
    I bet if 100 people agree that HMX should show some love and donate a PS3 to me before 12:00 AM tonight they will! Join me and comment showing you agree!
This discussion has been closed.