LRB songs in RB2

xxjoesusxxxxjoesusxx Opening Act
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
How do the songs show up, are they listed as Lego Rock Band songs after exported, or do they just show up as DLC ?

Comments

• TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited November 2009
    xxjoesusxx;3229234 said:
    How do the songs show up, are they listed as Lego Rock Band songs after exported, or do they just show up as DLC ?
    The 1st one :/
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    TheRollingBones;3229240 said:
    The 1st one :/
    The 2nd one, actually. They show up under "Downloaded". There is no "Lego Rock Band" when sorting by location.
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    No different icon, even... just the same DLC arrow icon.
  • costa1985costa1985 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    yeah they fall under DLC which is kinda annoying but whatever.
  • xxjoesusxxxxjoesusxx Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    alright, thanks guys.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2009
    I got a question, the blink 182 song, the ghostbusters song and accidentally in love, do those album art covers show up for RB2?
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I would be surprised if they showed up as Lego rock band, in rock band 1 or 2 actually.

That would require a patch telling rock band 1 and rock band 2, that they arn't DLC, but are infact lego songs, plus the patch would have to include the lego icon for RB 1 or 2 to display. The reason Rock Band 2 shows Rock band 1 song as coming from rock band 1 and not displayed as DLC is because rock band was programmed to recognized those songs as Rock band 1.

Technically it could have been done by lego:rock band, but the programmers would have had to program lego:rock band to detect if rock band 1 and 2 ever existed on the system and then apply a patch to rb 2 and rb 1 for that functionality.

Most likely when Rock band 3 is released the lego songs will be listed with the correct icon and sorting category as lego:rock band. Again I would be surprised if it didn't, the only reason for it not to at that point would be lazy programming on their part, but I am sure HMX will have it covered.
  • bradjfowlerbradjfowler Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I hope they don't

Showing as normal DLC is fine.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    It's annoying when I can't find a random Lego song to play and have to sift through loads of DLC to find them.

And it would certainly not ruin the game at all if they changed it, mister. :P
  • V4VendettaV4Vendetta Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    This should have been included in the last patch. Now it won't be addressed for a year.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Alvarado6411;3229710 said:
    I got a question, the blink 182 song, the ghostbusters song and accidentally in love, do those album art covers show up for RB2?
    I can't remember. Let me boot up the game to look. I'm curious.

I will say there isn't an album cover for Kung Fu Fighting. Instead they have a picture of Carl Douglas. I guess they couldn't get a cover? :confused:

Okay, here's the answer.

Accidentally in Love - nothing
    Aliens Exist - Enema of the State cover
    Ghostbusters - nothing
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Thrasher9294;3230158 said:
    It's annoying when I can't find a random Lego song to play and have to sift through loads of DLC to find them.

And it would certainly not ruin the game at all if they changed it, mister. :P
    I agree, there is no reason for them to just leave it showing as DLC. Patching up Rock band 1 and 2 to display the songs as Lego instead is better for people who like to sort by location. I hope they do patch and not wait until rock band 3, because it wouldn't be that big of an effort to patch this in.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I really don't think it's that big a deal. I have all the DLC & it's easy to just sort through the artist to which song I want.

It would be nice but I'm not losing sleep over it not being there.
  • The ManimalThe Manimal Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    xxjoesusxx;3229234 said:
    Yeah, I was wondering this too.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    The Manimal;3237194 said:
    Yeah, I was wondering this too.
    You should read post #3 in this thread then, it answers that question. :)
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited November 2009
    jeccaneko;3230982 said:
    I can't remember. Let me boot up the game to look. I'm curious.

I will say there isn't an album cover for Kung Fu Fighting. Instead they have a picture of Carl Douglas. I guess they couldn't get a cover? :confused:

Okay, here's the answer.

Accidentally in Love - nothing
    Aliens Exist - Enema of the State cover
    Ghostbusters - nothing
    How odd, I remember seeing a Demo of the game and it did show the Shrek CD album cover.