Why Can't all DLC be inported?

JerrodDRagonJerrodDRagon Unsigned
edited November 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
So why are some DLC songs able to be imported into Lego but not others? I just bought 8 Songs and only 5 can be played on Lego, and I dont see why All my songs cant be played on Lego
(Hell one of the songs that wont play is a Weezer song from a 3 song pack how dos that make any sense that 2 would work but not the other one)

Comments

• BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    There is a filter to limit the songs to only those that are "family friendly." It's not the most accurate filter, but apparently "they" are working on it.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Most Weezer songs actually do say "Goddamn". Which won't make it past the filter, blocking out "Undone" and "El Scorcho". Sad but true.
  • JerrodDRagonJerrodDRagon Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Thanks guys, wish Rockband would have a way to take off the parent block since I bought the songs so I could have more to play on Lego rockband (seing how there are a million choose a set list and only half of my DLC is there)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Thrasher9294;3230150 said:
    Most Weezer songs actually do say "Goddamn". Which won't make it past the filter, blocking out "Undone" and "El Scorcho". Sad but true.
    "Hell" is considered a bad word by a lot of parents I know, kinda in the context of "what the hell (insert something more here)". Coincidentally, one of the on disc LBR songs (I can't remember which off of the top of my head, I just got the game yesterday) says hell in that sort of context in the chorus (meaning it is said repeatedly).

IMO, hell in that context is equivalent in bad language-ness as goddamn is. So I don't get how they decide these things.

Filter makes sense to me, but I still wish there was more of a parental control option instead of an automatic, mandatory filter. Yeah, I knew that I'd be losing a chunk of my songs in LRB. But one of my favorite albums in RB is Blood Sugar Sex Magik. For the obvious reasons of language, sex references, and drug references in pretty much every single song by Red Hot Chili Peppers ever, I can't play these songs. It makes me a little sad as someone who never has anyone under the age of 20 in their house.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    Isn't highway to hell in this game too? Could have sworn I played it earlier.

Also, Pinks song so what is about fighting, so how is that a family friendly song?

I wish they would just let all the songs export into it.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I would have GREATLY preferred the option of turning off the DLC filter.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Dragonclaw;3231233 said:
    I would have GREATLY preferred the option of turning off the DLC filter.
    Which would've meant the game would have to be rated T for Teen, thus defeating the purpose of creating a family-friendly game.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    JerrodDRagon;3230981 said:
    Thanks guys, wish Rockband would have a way to take off the parent block since I bought the songs so I could have more to play on Lego rockband (seing how there are a million choose a set list and only half of my DLC is there)
    I guess it's because L:RB is not an official sequel to the RB franchise and they wanted that E+ rating, so they didn't see a conflict in restricting DLC without an on/off option in this title.
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3231056 said:
    Isn't highway to hell in this game too? Could have sworn I played it earlier.
    No, that's not in the game.
  • DekieonDekieon Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    It isn't like no one knew about the filter. The filter has been a well known part of lego rock band for a very long time. Plus the back of the game states that it supports family friendly settings, not family friendly options.

Personally I would also have prefered the option to turn the filter on and off, but then the rating would have went up to teen, and the game was designed to be kid friendly, so the family could play rock band together without having the kids see things like "number of the beast", and "Highway to Hell" on their screen.

Chances are there will be other songs that are currently playable in Lego soon disappearing, such as Fat Bottem girls and all the Iron Maiden songs, because they are listed under the title of Flight 666. Which really shouldn't be showing up in Lego, IMO.

Anyways, I personally would prefer to play all the songs in Rock Band 2 anyhow over playing in Lego.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The family filter definitely needs some major work, this game was designed for kids to play and 1/4 of the time that means sing, they shouldn't be instructed to sing cuss words. Personally I think Suddenly I See and You Give Love a Bad Name shouldn't even have made it. On the other end of the spectrum, songs like Don't Stop Believing need to be in. Subliminal content and minor alcohol references will just fly over kid's heads and are fine. I think So What is ok because all it says is "fight", it never says anything specific, Fear of the Dark on the other hand could easily give kids nightmares. Whoever made this filter tried to make it way too complicated for themselves and screwed up big time.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Icyjoe14;3232903 said:
    The family filter definitely needs some major work, this game was designed for kids to play and 1/4 of the time that means sing, they shouldn't be instructed to sing cuss words. Personally I think Suddenly I See and You Give Love a Bad Name shouldn't even have made it. On the other end of the spectrum, songs like Don't Stop Believing need to be in. Subliminal content and minor alcohol references will just fly over kid's heads and are fine. I think So What is ok because all it says is "fight", it never says anything specific, Fear of the Dark on the other hand could easily give kids nightmares. Whoever made this filter tried to make it way too complicated for themselves and screwed up big time.
    This a game with a Haunted Mansion, a T-rex chase sequence, and other later on events that I'll leave unspoiled, all of which are just as likely to give you nightmares as reading the lyrics to Fear of the Dark.

Other then general dislike of the song, I'll admit So What doesn't really jump the filter line. But when you find all the other DLC that gets blocked for the same amount of "bad stuff", is where it falls down.

And I have no clue how You Give Love a bad Name got in, it's like they got wires crossed and switched that and Livin' On A Prayer with RB2 during development, or something.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I bought the songs so I should be able to do whatever I want with them.

:rolleyes:
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    I notice everybody's latched onto the use of the term "filter" as though there is some actual piece of software doing this.

Is this the case, or has the Forum Hype Machine struck again?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    And i really wanted to play Gay Bar in LRB ;)
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Mutley93;3234238 said:
    And i really wanted to play Gay Bar in LRB ;)
    Ive always wanted to play L:RB in a gay bar gay bar.............gay bar.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3234219 said:
    I notice everybody's latched onto the use of the term "filter" as though there is some actual piece of software doing this.

Is this the case, or has the Forum Hype Machine struck again?
    It's easier to say "filter" than "content screening process and verification panel of developers."