Still loading.....................

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Wtf? Why does it seem like more often than not, this game says loading instead of just going to where you want to go.

Way too much loading screens in this game, and they take forever too.

I hope they can fix this, shouldn't be loading screens after every single thing and before everything too.

Comments

• MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    There's a lot of different visual aspects. Aside from obvious song loading, the Rock Den is another set of visuals to load, as well as the office, and Rock Shop. It's not all one concurrent world, so, yeah, there's going to be load times. Welcome to the world of video games.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't help you since you're on PS3, but since I know some 360 people will peek in here too...

Load times are a bit faster if you install the game to your hard drive on 360. I highly suggest this.

I do agree with you though master2uall. It feels like it loads so much and it takes so long. This is one of my issues with Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP as well. :(
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Who knew it'd take so much time to render Legos? Maybe if people didn't shove all their damn animals to me after a gig, there'd be less to load...
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited November 2009
    It just seems like there is really some loading issues with this game, where there shouldn't be as many. Is a pain just to get to you setlist to play a song, takes at least 5 loading screens or more just to get to a place to play a song.

More loading screens then actual game play if you ask me.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3231045 said:
    It just seems like there is really some loading issues with this game, where there shouldn't be as many. Is a pain just to get to you setlist to play a song, takes at least 5 loading screens or more just to get to a place to play a song.

Haha, I felt like that a few times last night. It's especially annoying if you go back too far. Like I exited the rock shop a few times without meaning to, so it would load up the rock den, then I'd have to go back in the shop, then I have to click between band/etc., THEN you finally get to edit your Lego people.

To the previous posters, it's not just a graphics thing. It's also how they programmed the game. There are ways to reduce loading time and/or making the loading time appear invisible. There's plenty of games on current gen consoles that are far more of resource hogs than LRB should be graphics wise, but they do loading better. Some examples on the 360 include Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Mass Effect (NOT including those crazy elevator scenes people. I'm talking about when you're off the Citadel, wandering around some place). You could also insert the FPS games I don't play but look pretty, like Halo, Call of Duty, etc. I'm not familiar with the load times of those games, but they're likely better than LRB.
  • cweaver8518cweaver8518 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    The volume of loading screens is directly proportional to the awesomeness of Ghostbusters. You should feel priveleged you get such an awesome song in a game.
  • edited November 2009
    They dont seem THAT bad to me but I am usually looking for any excuse to sip a beverage while drumming.

I will say that I did get my first loading screen freeze on PS3 last night.

No data loss or corruption but a hard-reset was required.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3230861 said:
    Why does it seem like more often than not, this game says loading instead of just going to where you want to go.
    Because loading screens are usually used when the game is loading.

Hence why it shows a loading screen instead of just going to stuff...because it's loading.
  • jemin2009jemin2009 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Where is all the waiting? I mean is there a specific scene that it does it? I haven't encountered much waiting time besides the usual. I have only played 3-4 free play and 4 story mode songs so maybe I'm just not far enough into the game.

There was an update to the PS3 and maybe that took care of it hence why I am not seeing it.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    T-Hybrid;3231340 said:
    Because loading screens are usually used when the game is loading.

Hence why it shows a loading screen instead of just going to stuff...because it's loading.
    Lemme try to untwist his words you just had fun mangling.

I believe he's referring to the way you can back out of, say, World Tour on RB2, and go to your character screen. There may be a slight pause, sure, but it's not the flat out "Lego Legend - There are no black chicks in Lego World" fact screen you see pop up in LRB all the time.

To go from the main menu to a gig in RB2 = what, one loading screen?

To go from the main menu to a gig in LRB = two or three, at least. That's not counting all the side trips you might make, or the possible cutscene before your gig.
    edited November 2009
    You'll have to talk to TT then. My guess is some of the extra loading comes from the Rock Den interface.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Loading the rock den is the only time my game (often) freezes. Never anywhere else. Hate the rock den.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    master2uall;3231045 said:

You can use Free Play (in the Rock Den) to skip straight from Rock Den to a song/set via a text list (without goign through garage, finding a vehicle etc)
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if the PS3 is capable of it, but the Loading times drop SIGNIFICANTLY if you install the disc to the HDD on the 360.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    XacharyCross;3232365 said:
    You can use Free Play (in the Rock Den) to skip straight from Rock Den to a song/set via a text list (without goign through garage, finding a vehicle etc)
    Err, my bad. It looks like it should do that, but it really is just the same Free Play as the menu.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Yeah im on 360 and after 2 days of semi heavy play I got my first and so far only freeze. I did notice the load times would seem a tad longer then when it happened I was in the shop looking to change to the roadies or entourage option, the freeze was on the bald lego guy with the guitar pic. I also had to just eject my game, as I couldnt use my xbox guide button. Also my game is installed to the hd and I had just got done buying everything I could in the store. So anyone who is getting freeze(s) do you play off the hd or the disc? I didnt think freezes were possible off the HD
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It's some kind of glitch with that loading screen. I've frozen off the HD and then twice after I deleted the install.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    Yeah got my 2nd freeze today on the same era. I was trying to get out of the rock den lol damn den
    This isnt game breaking and at least its not freezing on cinemas or actual gameplay
    I just wonder what the problem is
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I think I know a solution: play Sonic The Hedgehog (the 2006 one, not the Genesis game) for a while. Wait 30 seconds to load a single line of text saying you lost a mini-game, 20 seconds to continue playing in the exact same location, 30 seconds to load the instructions you already know (again, less text than this post), and 30 seconds for the actual mini-game in the exact same location. After going through a few hours of that, pop Lego Rock Band back in. Now the loading screens don't seem that bad.
  • iNexxFeariNexxFear Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    jemin2009;3232006 said:
    Where is all the waiting? I mean is there a specific scene that it does it? I haven't encountered much waiting time besides the usual. I have only played 3-4 free play and 4 story mode songs so maybe I'm just not far enough into the game.

There was an update to the PS3 and maybe that took care of it hence why I am not seeing it.
    How much DLC do you have from the music store? I see a 5-10 second lag between menu selection in a venue to playing the actual song in the game. However if you play a 2-3 song set it loads just fine and no delay.

It's wehenver you switch between the worlds and menus...
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I love the loading screens. The little "Lego facts" that appear are hilarious.