Anyone gold star the final countdown yet?

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited December 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I did it earlier, but still aint gotten the 100% solo on it.

How is this supposed to be a kid game, and yet that 100% solo on expert guitar is a requirement for a trophie? What ever.

But I did gold star it, got 78% on the solo.

Comments

• sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    i gold starred it, but on the DS version, where the solo is omitted
  • brett82brett82 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    If you want an easy gold star on it just play the short version there is no solo.
  • a1ltobeg0dly16a1ltobeg0dly16 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    i FCed the final countdown on video a couple days ago, havent got to editing it yet, the solo isnt hard what so ever for me atleast. il have the video up by tonight so go check my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/A1LTOBEG0DLY16
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    It's not a kid game, it's a family game. Last time I checked, families had adults too.
  • SaikredSaikred Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3233235 said:
    It's not a kid game, it's a family game. Last time I checked, families had adults too.
    Epic response
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Got it on my second try...81% solo, 95% overall. I was shocked when the I heard the sound effect for the Gold Stars...I was thinking, "Wow?! Really?! Sweet!"
  • kevmaster2000kevmaster2000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    What is the deal with that achievement? Who do they think we are? Best I've ever gotten on the solo was 83%....
  • edited November 2009
    Seems like the new trend this year is to put in 1 or 2 really hard-nosed achievements in each game.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Apples;3234111 said:
    Seems like the new trend this year is to put in 1 or 2 really hard-nosed achievements in each game.
    Yeah really! No Blisters or Final Countdown Trophy for me.
    edited November 2009
    What's wrong with having a few achievements that are really hard to get? Do people just want every game to be Naruto (or whatever that was) and give you 1,000 points in a few minutes? I am angry that Dirt 2 really doesn't have any skill based achievements and you can get 1,000 from just grinding. I am not proud of my 1250/1250 on Oblivion but I am proud of my 200/200 on Castlevania SoTN. I'm proud of my 1060 on Mirror's Edge.
  • NulienNulien Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    What NoThru22 said (except it was some Avatar game, not Naruto, as I recall). I think it's great when there are some achievements (skill-based ones, that is, not grinding-based) that a good number of people aren't going to get.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I have no issue with a challenge but the stark contrast with the rest of the achievements is a bit overkill.
  • xTylerxTyler Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Its aimed at the players who want to prove they play games all day. xD.
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I personally welcome Hard Achievements, but there's HARD to get, and Time Investing ones, AND THE ONES THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR FRIENDS OVER AND 3 FREAKING MICS!
  • xTylerxTyler Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    The only time consuming achievement I'm going for currently is the Zombie Genocidest on Left 4 Dead.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    To answer your question why they would put a really hard achievement in a kids game is because most kids aren't as into gamerscore from what it seems to me, they see achievement unlocked and are happy for a minute then forget about it later.
  • ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Andyx1337;3235242 said:
    I personally welcome Hard Achievements, but there's HARD to get, and Time Investing ones, AND THE ONES THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR FRIENDS OVER AND 3 FREAKING MICS!
    This.

And the 100% solo thing is understandable. You can't make getting 1000/1000 (or Platinum) that easy can you? It was probably more of a jab at the veterans coming in thinking, "oh, this game should be easy to get all the achievements/trophies on" then see the 100% solo award and its like, "damn thats gonna be almost impossible"

But I think if anyone practices enough at it its very possible. I don't plan on getting it anytime soon, but its a goal to set sometime. Maybe next year when I can actually hit those zig zag HO/POs better.
    edited November 2009
    Icyjoe14;3236444 said:
    To answer your question why they would put a really hard achievement in a kids game is because most kids aren't as into gamerscore from what it seems to me, they see achievement unlocked and are happy for a minute then forget about it later.
    Once again, where is this classified as a kids game? It is a family game. If it were "just" a kids game, do you think they'd put a song more than three years old on it? Or that wasn't Spongebob?
  • geo2n2geo2n2 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    ghostofjarjar;3234757 said:
    I have no issue with a challenge but the stark contrast with the rest of the achievements is a bit overkill.
    I feel the same way. It's just seems way out of line compared to the rest.
  • kevmaster2000kevmaster2000 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm just disappointed, because I've gotten every achievement in Rock Band 1 & 2, but Beatles and Lego, I'm not sure I ever will. Beatles because I can't get any of my friends to invest the time needed to get the three-part harmony achievement, and Lego because of this achievement. Too hard.

On the other hand, it isn't out of the realm of possibility, just very difficult.
  • ToodoolooToodooloo Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I dunno about you guys, but does anyone remember beberle2 aka ben, at the time he was like 9 years old he was good enough to FGFC basically any rhythm game 'cept the first 3 GHs..

point being, there are old people that aren't good at all, and kids that are bizarrely good, so I don't get what 'family/kid game' has to do with everything being easy.

Sure, songs like wahnthac aren't gonna be in there, but that's not because of the difficulty, but because they sound horrible to most people, and aren't family oriented at all.

Besides, there's plenty of easy stuff to choose from, and if there wouldn't be any hard songs, most of those kids would get bored of rhythm games within a few months after FCing every jonas brother song ever released.
  • returnxreturnx Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    NoThru22;3234455 said:
    What's wrong with having a few achievements that are really hard to get? Do people just want every game to be Naruto (or whatever that was) and give you 1,000 points in a few minutes? I am angry that Dirt 2 really doesn't have any skill based achievements and you can get 1,000 from just grinding. I am not proud of my 1250/1250 on Oblivion but I am proud of my 200/200 on Castlevania SoTN. I'm proud of my 1060 on Mirror's Edge.
    I don't mind difficult trophies/achievements, but my frustration with this sort of trophy is that you have a game like this with completely different ways of playing it (the different instruments) and because of that, there are going to be some people who literally will never be able to get a trophy like this.

That includes me. I'm a drummer, and I'm damn close to getting the Final Countdown trophy because I'm alright at guitar as well, but if this were a trophy requiring 100% of some difficult song on expert vocals, I'd be screwed. My OCD really doesn't want that to happen.

In the future, if they have more trophies like this, I really hope they don't make them require playing on expert or at least let us do them in practice mode.
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Apples;3234111 said:
    Seems so, and I really like it this way.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited November 2009
    I gold starred it but I only got about 90% on the solo.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited November 2009
    Apples;3234111 said:
    TB:RB has like 5 hard-nosed trophies:p

Thanks for making it virtually impossible to get platinum:D

As for L:RB, The Final Countdown solo, in order to FC the solo it looks like you'll need to use tapping. I don't own the game, but by the looks of the charts, tapping is the easiest way to go.

I have a feeling if I do get this game, this trophy will also be a pain to get.
  • n4sc4rn4sc4r Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I don't care about achievements, so this doesn't affect me. /thread

j.k.

Now then, I like the idea of having a couple hard achievements. It adds a little extra challenge for the player.
  • melloroguemellorogue Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    I got gold star and 100% solo it wasnt all too hard, and i am two achievements away from 1000G.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I got it + 1000G in the game.