EOF (Editor On Fire)

GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Hi, I used to chart songs for a game called Frets on Fire, which is basically a PC rock band clone. There is an editor for it called EOF which lets you EASILY make a tempo map and place notes for every instrument except vocals. When you are done it saves it as a midi file. Is there a way I can open that up with reaper and make the adjustments needed to make it a midi file that is usable for the RBN?

Comments

• matrix_loaded02matrix_loaded02 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    I haven't used EOF, but all the tracks minus vocals export fine from Feedback, so I'd imagine they also would with EOF.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Well I just tried it and it works! The only thing I cant figure out is how to edit it.
  • PinkToastPinkToast Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    GeneralGilliam;3234171 said:
    Well I just tried it and it works! The only thing I cant figure out is how to edit it.
    keep me updated on this
  • edited November 2009
    Might I suggest learning the ropes in Reaper first before trying to import Frets on Fire tracks. If you the authoring process of a song from start to finish in Reaper, I think working with outside programs will be a lot easier.
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'm trying to figure out if this works so I can use this to chart INSTEAD of reaper. I really don't like using it.
  • edited November 2009
    cool beans.
    edited November 2009
    Who knows, if I can figure out a way to use this, this could very well make a nub friendly way for bands to chart their songs! I'll keep this thread updated with what I find.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited November 2009
    If I ever author I'm most likely using FeedBack for everything but vocals.
    (Of course, I'd have to go out of my way to make the wav stems mp3 files, but it's worth it for the most part)
    edited November 2009
    So GeneralGilliam, have you created a song yet charted with EOF for the RBN?
    edited November 2009
    Well, I'm still working on all of the parts (drums bass and vocals), but I when I finish I still can't test 'em until I get my XNA membership which won't be until around new years (running low on cash). I tested it in FoF after finalizing it in Reaper and it works fine! once I get more RAM on my PC which will probably be a couple weeks, I'll post a video to show what it looks like in Reaper after making it in EOF.
    edited November 2009
    GeneralGilliam;3239555 said:
    Well, I'm still working on all of the parts (drums bass and vocals), but I when I finish I still can't test 'em until I get my XNA membership which won't be until around new years (running low on cash). I tested it in FoF after finalizing it in Reaper and it works fine! once I get more RAM on my PC which will probably be a couple weeks, I'll post a video to show what it looks like in Reaper after making it in EOF.
    I'm going to attempt making charting one tonight in EOF and importing to Reaper. How did you do vocals?
    edited November 2009
    Vocals you still have to do normally, because unfortunately FoF doesn't have vocals.

UPDATE: Tried setting Tempo Map in EOF, importing into Reaper and finalizing, exporting then testing it. It did keep the tempo map intact.

FINDINGS: Setting tempo map in EOF will work as a substitute for tempo mapping in Reaper.
    edited November 2009
    this is definitely a good find. could anyone who has an xna subscription already test this out?
    edited November 2009
    UPDATE: Using newest version of EOF tried adding HOPS, and Overdrive, importing into Reaper and finalizing, exporting then testing it

FINDINGS: Using EOF to set HOPOs and Overdrive will work instead of using Reaper.
  • Amak11Amak11 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Cause most people here dont play frets on fire regularly, and the Devs dont know squate about EOF. I will enlighten you. EOF is full featured, featureing Vocal lyric support (not pitched), custom hopos, custom starpower, solo positioning, and the ill famed Guitar hero extended notes feature. I have opened EOF midi's in Reaper and found that they work better there, but i have no way to test. EOF is the simple mans chart maker, thats it.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    All this program does is create midi notes in the same way reaper does,The same with feedback ... If you use these programs its always best to do the final polish and checks with reaper though.