Dissapointed in LRB?

Webhead64Webhead64 Unsigned
edited October 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Dissapointed in LRB? Why?

I am. Great game and all, but the fact that it lacks online and a setlist (which was found in RB2) is a little bit of a setback...

Comments

• MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I think only two songs I don't like so far. The cut scenes are funny. And the game itself hits its target, and non-target audience. Only downside to me is the size is songlist. But, that in its own right is a misnomer because any more songs from this type of list might have been overdoing it. 9/10
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I give it a solid 6. The new features are nice but the missing old features really hinder it. I mean, at least have LOCAL Leaderboards. Loading times are insane and Legos just look weird with "teeth" lol
  • MattyTMattyT Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'll take quality over quantity any day, and being that this isn't Rock Band 3, (it's more like Rock Band 2.5), I have no issue with there not being 80+ songs.
  • Ramirez16Ramirez16 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I like the setlist, venues, characters and vocal engine (I can actually do good on Hard just like TBRB). But the filter and load times make it less enjoyable.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2009
    No, I'm not disappointed. I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would, and in fact, there's some features in it that I think should be in RB3. I mentioned it in another post, but some good examples are making an album (though in RB3 they should let you make your own artwork and also make longer setlists), the stat tracking in the office, the fact it switches between stars and scores on the song selection screen, and so on.

The lack of online play or leaderboards and the weird DLC filter is a downer, but that's why RB2 is still my main RB game.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    My friend has this on the Wii, so he'd give it a negative-googolplex. I personally give it an eight, as it exports to my library and it's a funny little flawed game on the side.
  • Webhead64Webhead64 Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    Question; How do you change the name of a thread?
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    Webhead64;3234591 said:
    Question; How do you change the name of a thread?
    Edit the first post, then go to advanced mode and you can change the title.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I gave this game a 10. I expected it to be a trackpack, but it turned out to be a really fun game. It also incorporates a lot of features that make casual players more interested in Rock Band:
    Auto-Bass
    Unlimited saves
    Save yourself
    Super-Easy difficulty

Big "thumbs-up" for LEGO!
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3234602 said:
    Edit the first post, then go to advanced mode and you can change the title.
    Thanks!
    edited November 2009
    Uh oh, it only changed the post one, not the whole thread; Feedback?
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Plutarch;3234084 said:
    I have a wishy-washy opinion on the game. I like most of the setlist, I enjoy the unique look/tone that the Lego elements give it, and I think it has some neat innovations that could serve the series well as a whole (especially the album-recording element, that was great).

However, even though I did say I like most of the setlist, there are 4 or 5 real stinkers (which I'll refrain from naming). This is not really a knock on LRB, but the export - For $10, I really wish I could have chosen which ones would make the transition into the Rock Band 2 library. With RB1's export, I was able to say goodbye to a couple of songs I couldn't stand playing, and I really hope an RB2export will someday allow me to say goodbye to "Visions." This "All or nothing" approach with exports (I ran into the same problem with the AC/DC pack) is pretty infuriating.
    That pretty much sums up my opinion to a tee. After I do the LRB export, I'll be scared as hell to do a mystery setlist in RB2. I give LRB a solid 7.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited November 2009
    Webhead64;3234643 said:
    Uh oh, it only changed the post one, not the whole thread; Feedback?
    Once there is at least 1 reply to a thread, you can no longer change the title. Only a moderator can.
    edited November 2009
    I give it a solid 7 aswell
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited November 2009
    davidshek;3234700 said:
    Once there is at least 1 reply to a thread, you can no longer change the title. Only a moderator can.
    Oh, I didnt know that. I changed a title today but it was before anybody posted.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm giving it an 8.

No online is a minus, but exportability fixes some of that issue (although jamming online with Lego peeps would have ruled).

Other negative points are the shortish setlist and a few too many pop-punk throwaways for my liking when considering the relatively hefty price (especially when including the export code).

On the plus side there's the quirky cutscenes, the customizable den, the better score/star tracking and the general awesomeness of playing with little Lego figurines.
  • nolanandrewnolanandrew Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    Rockox;3234691 said:
    That pretty much sums up my opinion to a tee. After I do the LRB export, I'll be scared as hell to do a mystery setlist in RB2. I give LRB a solid 7.
    Agreed. I'll keep banging this drum until the right people listen: The biggest downer about any Rock Band games is spending all this money buying stuff (and I've never complained about the price of anything; it's totally my choice) and not being able to customize it into the game I want to play.

Please let me delete the songs I don't want.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Webhead64;3234082 said:
    What if you have wii (That's me!:D)?
    Then everybody ignores you further since the Wii sucks at games besides Mario based games and even then its touchy.
  • XacharyCrossXacharyCross Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I gave it an 8.

+Album Creation Feature, Varied Venues (Not the fantasy stuff, per say, but even the outdoors/well lit venues where RB2's were all mostly a dark look to them. (Beatles did this too, even without dreamscapes.)). The story is much better then RB2's in entertainment factor, and generally providing context and even personality to your band. Creating your crew is nice touch, and having your own home.

- The setlist is a bit tiny, and with some stuff obviously off one edge or another for most people, forcing the full export is a bit nuisancey. The story doesn't do so well in progressing in terms of difficulty, it's all over the place, no matter what instrument you choose. The lack of online capacity coupled with the odd restrictions on your album art/band logo for being local-only.
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited November 2009
    Ehfahq;3234015 said:
    Now compare it to RB1 and figure in that its 10 bucks cheaper.......................
    I payed 60$...
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    1/10

Absolutely no effort went into the Wii port
    Captain Zepp 07;3235150 said:
    Then everybody ignores you further since the Wii sucks at games besides Mario based games and even then its touchy.
    *Cough*MadWorldNoMoreHeroesFireEmblemTheOtherRhythmGamesSuperSmashBros*Cough*
  • DeadPhoenix223DeadPhoenix223 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    No. I actually liked it. It had some great ideas. It was far better than Band Hero, IMO.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited November 2009
    I surprisingly loved LEGO RB. 9.3 out 0f 10.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    8/10. Like the setlist and the LEGO graphics, wish it had online.

Supereasy mode was great for kids.
  • Icyjoe14Icyjoe14 Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    My guess for the reason for the smaller setlist is that Rock Band isn't as profitable as MTV or EA would like and the easiest way to lower cost is to cut licensing. As long as the game design and the quality of songs are still top-notch I can forgive them, they could just be saving up for RB3's setlist.
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    8...I like the game a lot. It shows stars in the menus...that alone makes it better than RB2. I like that every gig in the tour unlocks something. It drives me to play through everything, as opposed to RB2 where once I beat the endless setlist I never played tour again. Money (studs) is shared with the entire band, so I can customize other characters in the band without having to play on them. Auto-kick makes drums way more accessible at parties. If the entire setlist transferred to this I would probably never play RB2 again.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I give it a 9.

Gameplay is RB2. I enjoy the lego figs performing, and the setlist for the game has been the single best for a Rhythm music game since I started buying the things - I like some metal, but every music game has one or two songs that really irritate me - ones I don't want to listen too, much less play. Lego rock band has none of that. I enjoy pop nearly as much as rock, and definitely more than subgenres of metal I don't care for.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    I'm not disappointed in LRB at all. Hell, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much fun it is to play. I thought it would be fun enough, but they did a nice job with the challenges, the Rock Den, etc. We've been enjoying going through it so far.

The Surprise Setlists have been pretty good for us so far, too.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited November 2009
    I'm also pleasantly surprised. I got the disk pretty much with the intention of just importing the tracks to RB2, but it's been pretty fun for me so far.
  • snwns26snwns26 Road Warrior
    edited November 2009
    Around a 9. Gameplay is pretty much RB2 and all the Lego stuff is awesome.