Some beginner help

PinkToastPinkToast Unsigned
edited November 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Well, while I wait for replies from companies about charting my music, i figured i'd play around with the program some more and try to chart my own stuff. I have reaper. our songs just contain vocals, drums and il probably end up implementing some bass. we have our songs mastered down to just mp3s, so im really confused when it comes to stems. any help?

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Stems are the individual tracks for each instrument. You won't be able to author your songs for RBN if the only recordings you have are mp3's with all parts combined. When you recorded them, did you record one instrument at a time, separately?
  • PinkToastPinkToast Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    trg007;3233904 said:
    Stems are the individual tracks for each instrument. You won't be able to author your songs for RBN if the only recordings you have are mp3's with all parts combined. When you recorded them, did you record one instrument at a time, separately?
    well the only instruments we have are vocals and a drum beat. if i have just the beat without the vocals vice versa, would this be considered a stem?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited November 2009
    Yes, if you have a track with just the drumline, and a track with just vocals, that is fine.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    For the purposes of RBN authoring, yes, those would be stems
  • PinkToastPinkToast Unsigned
    edited November 2009
    ethicalpaul;3233947 said:
    For the purposes of RBN authoring, yes, those would be stems
    great! thats definitely a boost of confidence, haha.
    hmm, if anyone has any time, would anyone be able to help me with a few problems i have, either through AIM and MSN messengers? that would be great :)
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited November 2009
    PinkToast;3233954 said:
    great! thats definitely a boost of confidence, haha.
    hmm, if anyone has any time, would anyone be able to help me with a few problems i have, either through AIM and MSN messengers? that would be great :)
    I'd be glad to help.